Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #1
Electric Devil

New guitar

Hey so today i got a new guitar from craigslist only paid $35 bucks.it's a ibanez gio thats all i know about it,picked up some ghs boomer strings for it also
Anybody know what model it might be or when it was made? i cant find no serial also the whammy bar is missing anybody know what size bar i'd need for it?

Last edited by Electric Devil : Yesterday at 09:03 PM.
Electric Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #2
Dimarzio45
Finally Divorced Peggy

Nice find. Especially for $35! I think the bar is a traditional strat sized bar. You should be able to find one on eBay for fairly cheap since they are a very common size.

Good stuff! Enjoy!

Last edited by Dimarzio45 : Yesterday at 10:16 PM.
Dimarzio45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #3
Electric Devil

thanks,do you think it's possible to swap the single coil pickups? i want to use one of the single coils from a squire bullet i have since they sound very warm,these on the ibanez sound very hollow to me
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #4
Dimarzio45
Finally Divorced Peggy

Yeah, you definitely can. I agree with you on the hollowness part. Ibanez pickups were never big on my list and I'm a big Ibanez fan. If you're talking about a made-in-Japan Squier bullet single coil, I believe they are a 2 wire configuration. Problem is, I'm not sure what the Ibanez single coil wiring is, whether it's 2 wires or 3. I would suggest you start a new thread under....mmmm I forgot what forum it is honestly but, there are people who know more about this than I do that can guide you along better than I can. I think it would be under "Guitar Gear and Accesories" forum...
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #5
mabbamam

Bottom of the line Ibanez. But they play good! Im not sure if they have that sweet wizard neck. 35 Dollars CAN NOT go wrong not even for a guitar collection. Let alone one to start out with as a real playable guitar. Im sure the action is good. Might throw in some good cheap knock off aftermarket pickups and you might have urself a bad ass under 100 dollar guitar.
mabbamam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #6
Dimarzio45
Finally Divorced Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabbamam
Bottom of the line Ibanez. But they play good! Im not sure if they have that sweet wizard neck. 35 Dollars CAN NOT go wrong not even for a guitar collection. Let alone one to start out with as a real playable guitar. Im sure the action is good. Might throw in some good cheap knock off aftermarket pickups and you might have urself a bad ass under 100 dollar guitar.

That's what I'm sayin'. There's a lot of potential with it. It doesn't (as far as I know) have a wizard neck on it but, oh well. I'd buy it ANYDAY at that price or, hell, even $50. Good potential because I know those play well.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #7
Dimarzio45
Finally Divorced Peggy

Electric Devil- Give this thread some time(like a day or so) and see if anyone comes around to help you in greater detail as far as swapping pickups goes. Edit your original post to mention the pickup swap (make sure you mention how many wires are on the Squier pickup just in case). If you don't get any definitive responses within a day or so, post in the Guitar Gear and Accesories forum.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #8
Electric Devil

i'll definately give this thread some time
the squire guitars pickups as two wire one white and one silver mesh,i saw a youtube video about them and im looking at the ibanez and it's pickup wires are the same 2 wires

Rate This Thread: