Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Downfall93

This tab has been removed at the request of the publisher

Last edited by Downfall93 : 06-04-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Downfall93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
wowdude03

Isnt the publisher the one who transcribed the song? If it is well, its his decision, i could imagine a few.
wowdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
wowdude03

i mean, a few reasons why to remove it.
wowdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Downfall93

Btw which publisher? The record publisher? Doubt they'd have something against my tab. I think it's a certain guitar lesson site which provides official tabs for songs.
T
hey think I published their tabs, that's why I stated in the tab info I TRANSCRIBED THOSE TABS MYSELF.
Btw I doubt that they provide GP5 tabs with harmonies, rhythm guitars, bass and drums. Why would I do only drums and bass? Every tabber knows that's the worst part of making the tab
Old 06-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Downfall93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowdude03
Isnt the publisher the one who transcribed the song? If it is well, its his decision, i could imagine a few.

NO I TRANSCRIBED THOSE SONGS
What reasons btw?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
surgex

This is insane, every time I've tried to look up a tab the past two weeks all I get is "This tab has been removed at the request of the publisher"

Even some of the tabs I made are taken down.
What the heck is going on here guys?

Looks like just about every single Metallica tab in guitar pro version is gone, every single Red Hot Chilli Peppers tab, and every single Guns N Roses tab...Opeth too, jesus...they're not even a popular / rich super money making band. The ****?

Why are you doing this?

Last edited by surgex : 07-14-2013 at 04:15 PM.
surgex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
TheSpatulaOfDoo

I have been experiencing this a lot as well. I notice only with GuitarPro, and Powertab formats and it usually isn't ALL of the songs from an artist, but is often all of the songs from a specific album (Children of Bodom for instance suffers this message on any album from Are You Dead Yet forward). I interperet this as the publisher being the recording company, and for some reason cracking down somehow on tablature again (I thought UltimateGuitar's domain being in Russia yielded some immunity... or so I have heard through various rumors through the years and the steady eradication of many fantastic tab sites, but these may just be rumors afterall). My next Conspiracy theory is that UG in an effort to push that new program of theirs is cutting access to many popular tabs to attempt to force us to buy it. Either way I say she is the BS, I want my tabs back dammnit!

I have many old tabs saved on a HD from my old pos dell that suffered an inevitable motherboard crash. Just need to have 'em transfered to my external sometime eventually but until then I am a very dis-satisfied user.
TheSpatulaOfDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
TheSpatulaOfDoo

Somebody with that crap program of theirs needs to check if they are even taking down the ones published in that format.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
TheSpatulaOfDoo

from my explorin's of the tabpro crap I find that the removed tas all still seem to be there. CONSPIRACY I SAY!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
ruker
the iconflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpatulaOfDoo
Somebody with that crap program of theirs needs to check if they are even taking down the ones published in that format.

If the Tab Pro version of a tab is still up, the Guitar Pro version will be too. So when you click on the 'pro' filter on the band's tab listing page, any Tab Pro tab, the antecedent Guitar Pro tab will still be available.

So for example, with Metallica, the Guitar Pro tabs still available would be: Death Magnetic (album), 53rd And A 3rd, Antesthesia Pulling Teeth, Art Of Cliff Burton, Astronomy, etc.
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfall93
WTF??? Why would they request such a thing?
Copyright infringement?
Not exactly. I don't think they have anything against your tab specifically, they just don't want any more tabs being released without their permission.

I don't know exactly why, but my best guess would be because the publishers aren't comfortable with UG giving free access to tabs with no profit in it for them. Since UG owns your tab, they have to comply and remove it.

How would they profit from tabs, you ask? Well, I'm not sure on that either, but I do know that a successful band with a successful guitarist will sometimes release a tab book with all their tabs for each song on an album. So you can see how desperate they are on making money wherever possible. So maybe that has something to do with it?

Again, I'm no expert. Nor can I explain the recent disappearances of many tabs previously posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowdude03
No, that's a tab owner. A publisher is the person who makes sure the artist(s) gets paid for using their music wherever it is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfall93
I think it's a certain guitar lesson site which provides official tabs for songs.
They think I published their tabs, that's why I stated in the tab info I TRANSCRIBED THOSE TABS MYSELF.
I can say for sure that it is not this at all. UG has a license (paid for with the many ads around here) that allows users to submit any tabs without having to worry about this because (whether you realize this or not) when you submit a tab, you agree to UG's terms that your tab is 100% ear transcribed and allow UG to take ownership of your tab. They actually discriminate against taking tabs from tab books so they stay safe, but it's something that can't really be helped anyways.

Most likely change it from living to dead

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 07-27-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgex
Looks like just about every single Metallica tab in guitar pro version is gone, every single Red Hot Chilli Peppers tab, and every single Guns N Roses tab...Opeth too

Tabs by these bands are still working fine for me
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
Surphyse

This is an old thread but whatever. This publisher crap is getting ridiculous. I can understand when they remove a song from YouTube or something, but this is a goddamn tab. Unless they provide a guitar pro tab that I can buy off their site or something, they shouldn't just remove tabs willy nilly.
Surphyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
AngryHatter
Position Player

Printed representations are not free.
We pay for sheet music, why not pay for tabs?
AngryHatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: