Search:

Old 07-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #61
garykob
garykob

Thank you!
garykob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #62
amx360

Hey emad I got a ticket yesterday for doing 40 in a 25 zone. Any chance of getting that point removed from my driving record?
amx360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #63
NSpen1

I have a couple of one star ratings from this user
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Xneron/
on my Black Sabbath tabs
Dear Father
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/b...6082013date.htm
and Methademic
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/b...6082013date.htm
I can see no reason for this, I think they're pretty accurate and the Methademic one was even listed as an u-g featured tab, so I know it's not that bad!
NSpen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #64
emad
Rocker

@ amx360
eh,, your mom didn't tell me anything about that

@ NSpen1
Fixed.

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #65
37Hambone

Sir Paul McCartney deserves better than this 1-star review:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/w/w...e_luck_btab.htm
37Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #66
maguri

Hi emad!

User "wingman1001" rated down a good tab by giving it a 1-star rating - in my opinion unjustified. Sent him a message asking for suggestions - no answer.

His profile does not look as if he does anything else than voting against tabs - there are no other activities.

The tab is fine - elaborate, complete, correct as far as tabs go (I even uploaded a recording of it)
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/b...92013da te.htm

Thank you very much for your help!

Martin
maguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #67
emad
Rocker

Fixed.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #68
maguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad
Fixed.

maguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #69
37Hambone

I'm not sure who posted this one-star review, though I think it's unfairly harsh.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/w/w...e_luck_btab.htm

thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #70
emad
Rocker

Fixed.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #71
ruker
the iconflict

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/m...cut_off_tab.htm

UG user shanus666 rated my tab 1-star. I know it can't be that bad, as the GP version I also did, two users rated that tab 5-stars. The user is within a month of registering, so I'm not so sure they'll ever be back to correct the rating.
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #72
emad
Rocker

Fixed.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #73
DON CZARSKI

I was just wondering how difficult would it be to implement that ONLY people who have submitted at least 5 tabs are the ONLY ones that can rate tabs ... somewhat similar to the policy that is in place here at Ultimate-Guitar already that only people that have a minimum of 3 tabs are the only ones that can see tabs in queue and vote whether to accept or reject those tab in queue? Appears this may be one solution to the problem and one that could easily be done.

The main reason for this being that people who rate tabs 1 star are more likely to be people who have just joined and do it just for spite as they usually never come back and never leave corrections or reasons why they did it and or people that are newbies and possibly do not know how to play or have an ear and so give this rating. By only allowing tabbers that have gone through this experience the right to rate this then would allow credence to the rating and I am sure then the person rating would then give constructive criticism on what is wrong with the tab and allow the person to then make corrections and receive a better rating after make the neccessary corrections.

Also, sometimes I believe people while looking at a tab accidentally hit one of the stars inadvertently and is another reason why sometimes a tab is rated poorly as all one needs to do is touch one of the stars to rate the song and that's it...

NOTE:
Recently I had a tab that I done many many many years ago. I completely forgot about tabbing the song until I saw in an email that someone recently rated it. When I looked I noticed it received a poor rating. At first I was pissed but then when I saw that the person had numerous tabs I messaged him and asked why?...he responded and I agreed with his suggestions and made the corrections .... I must admit now that in retrospect the tab was actually bad....lol...
But the thing that made me glad and be OK with all this was the fact that the guy was a trusted tabber himself and that when asked why he did it he responded and that he gave constructive criticism which I incorporated by making the corrections into the tab... I am currently waiting for him to now go back over the tab and re-rate it. The bottom line is that now when people see that tab by me and bearing my name I will feel better knowing that now it is a lot more accurate and that people can now play the song the way it should be... This is an example of how something like this makes everyone feel good.....

Thanks for reading and sorry if it is long winded.... Just trying to help
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #74
ruker
the iconflict

^ I'm all for making it tougher to rate tabs low. In the tab submissions queue, we have to give a reason as to why we're voting to reject a tab, why can't we be forced to give a reason as to why we're rating a tab 1 or 2 stars?

And thanks emad.
ruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #75
37Hambone

I had a 5-star rating for this song after 5 reviews, then it dropped to 4 stars, i.e. it must have been given a 1-star rating. people are entitled to their opinion, but there's no way this tab is a 1.

there are FIVE other tabs for this song which have 4-star ratings, and all of them are mediocre at best. it's a bummer to be recognized for the contribution and then have it be dragged down by one individual.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/g/g...y_ver8_btab.htm
Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #76
emad
Rocker

Fixed.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #77
37Hambone

Thx!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #78
happysad

This Carole King tab (not mine) deserves much more than one star :
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/c..._guitar_pro.htm
happysad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #79
aallen1642

I'm still trying to learn how to operate in the forum. I have difficulty with playing the tabs when I push play.
aallen1642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #80
blunderwonder

Well, now that ive read through 4 pages of this, I will have to start rating tabs when i use them, I always assumed it really wasnt my place, and that nobody cared about it anyway

I usually use google to search for ug tabs, so all i see is the ver# not the rating.
blunderwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: