Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #21
Raijouta
Actually called Dylan

I've never heard anything good about the MA series from anyone, but they certainly DON'T sound like the Marshall MG.

The Tweaker and DT are aimed at two different markets (at least they are in the US, I'm not sure about down under - the prices may be switched around on them) Over here the Tweaker is about $400 whereas the Dual Terror is closer to $1000.

You could probably mod the Dual Terror to have an effects loop down the line, but I'd take it to a reliable tech to get that done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Raijouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #22
SLonergan
UG's Everlasting Noob

I think the MA sucks, and I don't really like the dual terror.

The TWEAKER however....awesome amp.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
SLonergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #23
FuzzLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
whereas the Dual Terror is closer to $1000.

The DT is a thousand dollars over there ?!?! :O

I wouldn't pay more than 200 for one, I think they sound shite.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
FuzzLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #24
MortifiedLizard
The Angered Reptilian

Dual Terror is in the neighborhood of $850 new/$650 used here, and worth every last penny. I don't understand all the hate to be honest.
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
MortifiedLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
FuzzLove

There's no way that that amp is worth that amont of money, you could do so much better.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #26
drewfromutah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzLove
There's no way that that amp is worth that amont of money, you could do so much better.

I actually agree. I gigged with a DT for a few months and eventually sold it and went for the Rocker 30. Used Rockers go for $850 (price of a new DT in the US) all day on eBay, and it's just TONS more amp than the DT.
Orange Bass Terror 500
https://www.facebook.com/thewasatchfaultisdue
drewfromutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #27
FuzzLove

The Rocker 30 is a much better amp than the DT, but that's still a lot of money for a used one. I suppose you guys really do get ripped off for Orange over there, just like we get ripped off for Mesa.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #28
drewfromutah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzLove
The Rocker 30 is a much better amp than the DT, but that's still a lot of money for a used one. I suppose you guys really do get ripped off for Orange over there, just like we get ripped off for Mesa.

Pretty much. Buying my DT new was a mistake (I enjoyed the amp while I had it, but they instantly lose $200 resale value as you walk out the door) but I feel like paying $800 for my Rocker 30 was a steal.
Orange Bass Terror 500
https://www.facebook.com/thewasatchfaultisdue
drewfromutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #29
FuzzLove

As long as you're happy with it.
I spent 1300 on an amp and I'm not completly happy with it haha.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #30
adityasen

It always makes me sad when comparing Aussie Prices with American ones.

The DT here is AU $850 AUD, while the Tweaker is AU $799. So far I've got about 50% posts saying the DT is awesome and the tweaker is shite, while the remaining say the tweaker is awesome and the DT is shite.

Maybe I should put in a poll.

(Both sound good to me in my ears, hence why this discussion)
adityasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #31
patriotplayer90

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasen
It always makes me sad when comparing Aussie Prices with American ones.

The DT here is AU $850 AUD, while the Tweaker is AU $799. So far I've got about 50% posts saying the DT is awesome and the tweaker is shite, while the remaining say the tweaker is awesome and the DT is shite.

Maybe I should put in a poll.

(Both sound good to me in my ears, hence why this discussion)

For that price the Tweaker shouldn't even be a consideration. The Tweaker only should be purchased if you need something to amplify the sound from your guitar and you are extremely gullable. I have played it cranked, with different guitars, etc., and it is absolutely not worth your time. I feel ripped off for almost spending $400 USD. No offense to Mr. Egnater, I know he will get it right next time
patriotplayer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #32
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Wat?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #33
Ayses
I'm probably on LSD.

The Terror is good. The Tweaker is good. They sound different. Some people like one. Some people like the other.

Thats it.

Don't listen to these arguing douchers. They're incredibly biased, and biased people's opinions do not count in my book.

Listen to both/play both and decide for yourself.
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst

Last edited by Ayses : 09-12-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Ayses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #34
patriotplayer90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
Wat?

You talkin' to me?
patriotplayer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #35
Dan_5893
Interdit

TS, as a fellow Perthian i feel your pain. However, if you want a good marshall, theres a JCM900 SL-X at concept music for $995, its second hand but its in good knick. I was going to buy it but I don't have the money

in your price range, try the Vox Night Train, or the Laney VC15 (they're around 800)

I'm actually a Brummie.
Dan_5893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #36
gregs1020
Hi mom!

i wish the dual terror wasnt literally 2.5 times what i paid for my tweaker. i guess we get screwed slightly less?

anyway my point was i dont view them in the same league. the tweaker is $70 less than a vk112. $350 i think i paid, the dt is more than twice that.

im sure if you put good glass in it, it would kill. plus a couple greenies?

craig, colin, shot, john? can you mod my tweaker so the hot/clean toggle is a 1/4 in footswitch jack?

its just odd to think they cost the same amount, to me.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 AM   #37
adityasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotplayer90
The Tweaker only should be purchased if you need something to amplify the sound from your guitar

Err don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure that all amps are bought by guitarists because they want to amplify the sound from the guitar. In fact, go ahead and quote me.

@Dan_5893 thanks for that. The JCM at $995 is not that far away from my price range - I might check it out. Only thing that's really keeping me away from 50W amps is that I don't want to crank it to full volume to get a decent tone (my housemates would throw me out!). Hence why I thought that 15W would cut it, and would be loud enough for the occasional gig.

I think I need to go play them again.... for a third time.
adityasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #38
Dan_5893
Interdit

The JCM has a master volume so you can cut it down a bit, plus it sounds better than the others at lower volumes (I went and tried it, it's really nice, but might need new tubes at some point in the next 6 months)

I'm actually a Brummie.
Dan_5893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #39
Guitarmiester
Three Minute Warning

Don't rule out the SL-X. I recently picked one up and was very impressed by it, especially since I haven't been a big fan of most of the JCM800 and 900's I've played. You can get very usable tones out of the SL-X at low volume levels. As the case for any tube amp, it'll obviously open up once you start to crank the master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayses
Don't listen to these arguing douchers. They're incredibly biased, and biased people's opinions do not count in my book.

...says the guy with a Tweaker.

Everyone is biased whether they'll admit it or not. As long as people can form their own opinion, there will be two sides to every argument.
Guitarmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #40
silly hats
Reverend Mayhem

If anyone is interested, one of the guitarists in this band was using his DT live.

I would go for the DT.

THE LURKER σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
silly hats is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: