User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

WotM September - Ganoosh & Ngd1313

-------------------

Confrabulations first to Aaron (Ganoosh)!

Quote:

Favourite Artists: Radiohead, Biggie, Modest Mouse, fun., Lucky Dragons, Outkast and lately TV on the Radio has been a major favorite.

Most Inspirational Writer: They are all inspirational. When I am in the middle of reading a really good book, I am writing at my best no matter who the book is by. Recently, Victor Hugo.

Favourite poet/poem (published writer): I don't think I could pick just one. Am Was by ee cummings is beautiful, go look it up right now.

If you could be any writer ever, who would you be: Edgar Allen Poe.

If you could be any flavour, which would you be: Strawberry. Or Pineapple. Pineapple is nature's candy.

Why Do You Write: I enjoy it.

Favourite word(s): sometimes, anyways, blue, albatross, be, there are a whole bunch.

Favourite Writer(s) on UG: There are so many. Matt(rushmore) has always been a favorite of mine. Saadia(vintage x metal), Subway To Venus, and Cubs to name a few. Ottoavist, when he posts, is fantastic. I know I missed some. Everyone who regularly posts here is really good.

Most Helpful Critic: Ted(ninja_monkey) was always there tearing up my pieces in the beginning, so I'd say he has been a major help. I have only recieved one crit from Carmel in my entire life, but it was the most thorough criticism I've ever recieved, ever. Dylan, Zach and some others as well. Everyone loves a crit from Spike_8kbpspsbskps

What Do You Do Especially, to Find Inspiration: Nothing. If you look for ideas, they will hide.

Your Most Recent Work and the Reason Behind It: I believe it was "the nicest volcano in the world" and it's about a volcano that refuses kill you until you come to terms with your life and the fact that you are dying and be at peace with it. It's about death, basically. Or it's a neat little story, depends on how you look at it.

Tips for Newer Writers: Exist.

What’s your goal in writing: I guess one day being published would be pretty cool, but if nothing else comes of it than me just writing a bunch of things and enjoying myself(which I have already done), I would be pretty happy with that.

Final Comments or Thoughts: I thank you guys immensely. I really don't deserve to be winning this in the same month as Nick, I really do not. I want to thank every single one of you who read the crap I post and thank you for watching me come into this community and, over the last year and a half or so, become a completely different person than when I got here. Thank you all for that.

Picture: Just look at my profile if it's really important to you.

-------------------

And confrabulations also to Nick (Ngd1313). You both deserve this beyond belief!

Quote:

Favourite Artists: elliott smith, modest mouse, the mountain goats, sigur ros, the weakerthans, tom waits, death cab for cutie, my bloody valentine,* cap'n jazz, american football, kickball, etc.

Most Inspirational Writer: see above/below.

Favourite poet/poem (published writer): so a while back i knew this girl and we were really close. she used to ask me to tell her something beautiful from time to time and i'd always reply with some ee cummings verse, my favorite poem to quote was 'somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond'. after things fell apart for stupid reasons i won't explain, i couldn't read it for a long time, but it's my favorite poem and probably always will be. i also love bukowski and have a new favorite buk poem every week. this week it's 'the laughing heart'. i've been enjoying a lot of william carlos williams lately. there are lots really.

If you could be any writer ever, who would you be: i think dr. seuss probably had a lot of fun being himself.

If you could be any flavour, which would you be: vanilla-hazelnut.

Why Do You Write: it's better than not.

Favourite word(s): autumnal, bandoleer, nothing.

Favourite Writer(s) on UG: i'll start with the big ones for me: less than that, stellar legs, jiminizzle, rushmore, and pixiesfanyo. i know it's not hip to pay too much lip service to the other guys on here, but i wouldn't be half the writer i am without reading those guys and being inspired to try to be better than i am.

i'll also mention culex-knight and circular parade as guys who i know are still around, but don't post much. i really, really enjoy when they do post and love reading them. and freshtunes, laces out danny, and arthur curry are three guys i guess were never really part of the (quoteunquote) clique as long as i've been here, but never failed to impress. there are others that i love to read as well. they probably know who they are.

Most Helpful Critic: carmel, steve (1&2), kyle, dan, jimmy, cory (culex), and more recently saadia are all people who would read/have read my stuff even when it wasn't worth reading and i owe them all the world for that. i never would've stuck with it without them.

also bleed away and digupherbones (and i'm sure a couple others) are people who i don't think i've ever really been able to get my writing to click with for one reason or another. i always really appreciate and do take to heart what they have to say. i know it's easier to just keep the stuff you don't like* ignored, but i appreciate their perspectives as much as those that would praise me.

What Do You Do Especially, to Find Inspiration: i drink milk for strong bones, eat clementine oranges, and breathe deep any time i'm in the throws of the seasons.

Your Most Recent Work and the Reason Behind It: the count. i've had a slight fascination with dancing lately, i tried my best to filter that through the usual lost-love/melancholia tripe i always write about. what i do isn't rocket science.

Tips for Newer Writers: casual alcoholism.

What’s your goal in writing: what i write is the first indicator of where i am at any time. what parts of me i show here are pieces i do my best to hide usually. to that extent, when i write it's not unlike therapy. when i had a nervous breakdown over the summer it showed in my writing, and as i've gotten better that's reflected too, i think. basically my only real goal is to indulge the little parts i'm not supposed to show when i have to be a real person.

Final Comments or Thoughts: first i'll say congrats to ganoosh, he had a great month and i'm more than happy to share this with him. secondly i want to thank everyone who's ever read my garbage, whether you voted for me or not, like my stuff or not, i appreciate you reading at all. thanks so much.

Picture:

Yay!
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
24WildRovers
The Wild Hippy Rover

Great Work Keep on Writing

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
If You Wish to Give C4C Click on the Smlileys
:
24WildRovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
rushmore
bblblubluewhale

aaron, you're 16? damn.

you both are two of my favorite writers on here. i'm glad this went to both of you.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
halo43
Intoxicated At All Times

Congratulations, guys you both deserve it!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
ZanasCross
C(k)=Epsilon(ijk)A(i)B(j)

Well-done, both of you.
ZanasCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot

glad to see some fun. and american football love

good job guys. been a pleasure.

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
jiminizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
hippieboy444

shit, you guys are phenomenal.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #8
vintage x metal
Brown-Thighed Girl

love you guys. sick taste in music, both of you. thanks for the nod.
really though, congrats and much love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to alaskan_ninja
vintage x metal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
SubwayToVenus

congratulations, both of you
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

Two great writers.
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
cubs
x

yes! congratulations to both of you

it's cool, your styles are so different, yet both cite cummings as influence. niceee. + thanks for the mention.