Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
butterfingers30

First Song- Clean Drop C guitar [GP5] C4C

So I made this last night at around 1am half asleep. I really wouldn't call it a song, it's just an idea I had. I have never made a song before, and I have little to no knowledge of theory or anything technical. So if you can please just give it a quick listen and tell me things I can improve on. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Drop C Clean.gp5 (16.5 KB, 296 views)
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo

Last edited by butterfingers30 : 09-27-2010 at 01:30 PM.
butterfingers30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
champayne
Sexual Harassment Panda

Really enjoyed this. Has a very pleasant feel too it that really brightened my mood. I'm not kidding, and I'm not going easy on you just because it's your first song. I really find that hard to believe. There are also some parts in it that are a bit unusual, and I would normally interpret this as a newbie's mistake, but everything seems so... intentional. I also would like to note that if some things were tweaked a bit in the rhythm guitar it would make a nice piano part. Not much to say about this song, it's short and sweet, and I like it. For some reason, I can imagine this being on a Christmas special for some sort of classic cartoon. C4C? If you want to, check out "The Nightman Awakens" in my sig.

Some of My Recent Songs

champayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
butterfingers30

Wow thanks a lot for the input I really appreciate it, I didn't think it would have gone over that well. I wasn't really sure about the rhythm (especially in the beginning), it was the last thing I wrote. How I started making this song is I was messing around with the opening chords of My Curse by Killswitch Engage and somehow ended up with that. Haha and thanks for the Christmas idea I got a little laugh out of it. Thanks again. I'll be sure to listen to your song(s) by tomorrow morning because I'm on my phone right now and don't have access to a computer.
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
butterfingers30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
sargentlemon

Wow man this sounds really good
If you just put Guitar 1 on Solo on Line 2 it sounds like Jurassic Park >.<
But yeah anyway good work!
sargentlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
crizzack

it did sound pretty catchy, I think that if you work on it some more, add more too it. maybe a bass line, turn it into a full song it might come out pretty good.
crizzack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: