Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-20-2010, 05:51 AM   #81
tobysaurus
UG Newbie

Well this show is rather fantastic, really enjoying it so far

One thing that's bothered me though, does anyone know the timeframe between him getting shot and waking up in the hospital? I've always assumed it was, at the most, 2-3 months maybe but if that's the case then it really bothers me that his wife started whoring herself out to someone else so quickly, least of all his friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
tobysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #82
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S

I'm guessing it was around a month. And the other cop told his wife that he was dead.
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #83
Kensai
49ers

Great show, watched 2 episodes so far, will watch the third tonight.

A question though and a possible spoiler alert.

Does anyone know who the woman the cop shot near the end of the first episode was? The half woman he tracked down and shot. I thought it was his wife but that was obviously wrong.
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #84
MB343
Easily Trolled

Location: The area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat
Quote:
Does anyone know who the woman the cop shot near the end of the first episode was? The half woman he tracked down and shot. I thought it was his wife but that was obviously wrong.

I don't think it was anyone significant, he probably felt sorry for her and just wanted to put her out of her misery.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #85
Bearded_Seth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobysaurus
Well this show is rather fantastic, really enjoying it so far

One thing that's bothered me though, does anyone know the timeframe between him getting shot and waking up in the hospital? I've always assumed it was, at the most, 2-3 months maybe but if that's the case then it really bothers me that his wife started whoring herself out to someone else so quickly, least of all his friend

That was my only problem with the series so far, but not that his wife was screwing another fella but that he had survived at all without IV for that long.

Quote:
Great show, watched 2 episodes so far, will watch the third tonight.

A question though and a possible spoiler alert.

Spoilers yo.

I assume it was just because of two reasons he tracked her down. Firstly, it was his first zombie he saw (the morgue doors in the hospital don't really count for that I don't think.) and that she was in such a terrible state - mutilated and horridly dehydrated.

Last edited by Bearded_Seth : 11-20-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Bearded_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #86
DimebagLivesOn
S A D B O Y S

Well, your metabolism is slowed significantly while in a coma, and it's uncertain who long he was in it.
DimebagLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #87
TheBurningFish
has a ****ing GODIN

Location: Lying on my back, thinking "Where in shitting crikey is my nose?"
I'm not the only person watching this? Cool.

I'll watch the latest ep today, then, since it's taped on the thingamaboober.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies.
Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
TheBurningFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #88
Kensai
49ers

Spoiler alerts still

Still, feel pretty weird. He seemed to tear up when he was going to shoot her, and he said something didn't he?

As for the timeframe I think it must've been 1 month or so, considering the beard he grew and the flowers withering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurningFish

Was just about to recommend you the show in TGT. Not surprised you already knew about it
Old 11-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #89
bartdevil_metal
Uses Jackson and Line6.

Quote:
Spoiler alerts still

Still, feel pretty weird. He seemed to tear up when he was going to shoot her, and he said something didn't he?

As for the timeframe I think it must've been 1 month or so, considering the beard he grew and the flowers withering.

He says something like "I'm sorry that this happened to you". I think it was just the first one he saw, and the way it had it's bottom half missing etc. made him pity it. It was a mercy killing after all. If it had been someone he knew (especially someone as meaningful as his wife, although we know it wasn't her) I think he would have made more of a fuss. Like the black guy when he had his wife in the scope.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #90
TheBurningFish
has a ****ing GODIN

Quote:
Was just about to recommend you the show in TGT. Not surprised you already knew about it

I'm always on the look out for more zombie-ness. I thought Fox's job of zombies would be hilariously bad, but it's actually turning out to be a decent show.

Willies.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #91
krook205

New episode tomorrow
krook205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #92
krook205

Quote:
Spoiler alerts still

At first I guessed he thought it was his wife. He probably just felt sorry for whoever the person was, the zombie looked like it was in a "oh god please kill me" state
krook205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #93
Kensai
49ers

Still seemed weird, maybe we'll find out in a later episode. Maybe it was just some plot device though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurningFish

Watch it on UQ together tonight?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #94
Masshuu

If you're on about the zombie he shot in the first episode after he went back to the park, then its just because he felt sorry for it. The same thing happens in the comic but no reference is made back to it at any point, just out of sympathy.

I'd like the tv series more if I hadn't read the comics methinks, I keep comparing scenes from comic and programme, and it sort of annoys me that they made an entire episode (the second one) with pretty much nothing from the comic in there at all. Having said that, I am enjoying it.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #95
TheBurningFish
has a ****ing GODIN

Plan and a half, good sir.

Willies.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #96
Bearded_Seth
Banned

Well, at least I'm not the only person who syncs up TV shows with their friend and watches stuff with them. We normally go on Teamspeak aswell so it's like we're watching in the same room Oh lawdy, the internet saves so much effort.
Bearded_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #97
wizards?
Pimpin' Ain't Parise

Location: That mythical place that all those Replacements and Hold Steady songs are about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masshuu
If you're on about the zombie he shot in the first episode after he went back to the park, then its just because he felt sorry for it. The same thing happens in the comic but no reference is made back to it at any point, just out of sympathy.

I'd like the tv series more if I hadn't read the comics methinks, I keep comparing scenes from comic and programme, and it sort of annoys me that they made an entire episode (the second one) with pretty much nothing from the comic in there at all. Having said that, I am enjoying it.

Usually when I've read something and see the subsequent movie, I'm always comparing things, but with this I just sort of gave up after the first episode. I realize that there are going to be changes, and I feel that that's necessary because of all the people who read the graphic novels will know exactly what's going to happen. They wanted to make it interesting for them as well, instead of being able to say, "Oh, they get trapped here and this guy dies." I think they want to have a little bit of surprise in it for everyone, not just the people who haven't had the chance to read the graphic novels.

I'm actually pretty happy about that as well, seeing as I read them years ago and don't remember absolutely everything that happened anymore, so I'm on edge the entire episode anyway.
wizards? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #98
vultures?OMG
it's just gravy

I think the second episode has definitely been the best so far. The whole chopping scene had me in stitches.

"Not enough guts... Give me the axe." And "He was an organ donor."

Does the Glenn character remind anyone else of the kid in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? (Short round was his name I think) Probably my favourite character.
vultures?OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #99
wizards?
Pimpin' Ain't Parise

Location: That mythical place that all those Replacements and Hold Steady songs are about
^Glen's always been my favorite character. And yes, he is basically the short round in Walking Dead, but I like where his character goes. In the comics at least, they really develop him and his relationships with some of the other characters. (Not giving anything away)

That and I laughed my ass off with the, "He's an organ donor" joke.
wizards? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #100
Masshuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards?
Usually when I've read something and see the subsequent movie, I'm always comparing things, but with this I just sort of gave up after the first episode. I realize that there are going to be changes, and I feel that that's necessary because of all the people who read the graphic novels will know exactly what's going to happen. They wanted to make it interesting for them as well, instead of being able to say, "Oh, they get trapped here and this guy dies." I think they want to have a little bit of surprise in it for everyone, not just the people who haven't had the chance to read the graphic novels.

I'm actually pretty happy about that as well, seeing as I read them years ago and don't remember absolutely everything that happened anymore, so I'm on edge the entire episode anyway.

I can understand that, everyone seems happy with it so it's obviously working. Just I'd prefer if they changed the plot in a way that I expected something, and then something happened in its place, rather than it just being completely new stuff.

Rate This Thread: