Password
Search:

Old 11-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Mister Holloway

Take The Pain

Take The Pain
Mister Holloway

When you tell me that you love me,
I can't stand this feeling of being apart.
But I know that one day,
you'll only break my heart.

So I'm telling you now, goodbye, girl, goodbye.
Wanna get out of here before I watch this thing die.
I can't stand to have my heart broken again,
I don't think I, I don't think I, I don't think I,
could take the pain.

Something tells me that this isn't right,
and that we could last forever.
But I can't take a chance on that,
and keep my heart on this tether.

could take the pain.

I'm sorry for any pain this may give you,
I wouldn't want to make your soft eyes cry.
Please don't take it so personally,
eventually everything dies.

could take the pain.

could take the pain.
Mister Holloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
anowilisgvyona

Pretty well written piece as far as rhyme, rhythm, and how it all ties together. The structure is good for the most part.

I'm about to make a few points below to be constructive...and I certainly hope that none of it offends you. That is by no means my intention. I just want to run a few of my thoughts by you on what I notice as a reader of your work.

For some reason, I've never been too impressed with 4 line, abab/abcb stanzas...I think they are kind of cookie-cutter and require little thought and emotion. That's a personal opinion and not a flaw in your writing, however.

I thought your imagery was a little plain. You're lyrics didn't "paint the picture"....they were just words..They didn't stimulate my imagination...I don't know if follow me, if you get the point i'm trying to get across. I guess i'm trying to say to add some personality and vividness to your vocabulary.

One more point I want to make. This is exactly the kind of song that I get sick of hearing from mainstream writers. The material and the meaning in the lyrics, to me, seem cliche and almost fake. I hope that doesn't offend you. If wrote these lyrics from something you have felt or seen and if they are real to YOU.....that's a different case. But this sound too much like "everything else" for me to really be amazed by this piece. It's not unique.

Like I said, I did not mean for that to be harsh. I wanted to provide some constructive citicism from my thoughts as a reader.

If you get some time, would you mind giving your thoughts on one of mine? Links are in the signature below. Thanks!!
anowilisgvyona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Mister Holloway

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts on my lyrics, I appreciate it.

I understand what you mean about the imagery being a little plain, however, this is completely intentional. Due to the nature of the song, I figured that it deserved an almost apathetic approach to it, and clearly this seems to have worked, to some degree.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say it's cliche, because I honestly can't think of any songs like this which are by mainstream musicians. It's not a love-song, it's a sort of not-love song, if that makes sense.

Perhaps I'm getting a little defensive over my work, which is quite possible, but I don't see how that part of your critique really applies.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and voice your opinion - much appreciated!
Mister Holloway is offline   Reply With Quote