Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #1
rockstar256
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Wayne Static of Static X Dead :(

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/st...tic-dead-at-48/

Passed away at 48, cant believe. My childhood hero...
rockstar256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
 
Linkerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portugal
May he rest in peace.
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into an Elitist shitfest.


But it probably will.

I didn't like Static X much even when I did like nu-metal as a kid but 48 is too young for anyone.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Shadow914
Registered User
 
Shadow914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
RIP Wayne Static \m/ \m/ you are sorely missed
Shadow914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Ironic Maiden
Prurient
 
Ironic Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Okay
Ironic Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
Psycho Pigeon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into an Elitist shitfest.


But it probably will.

I didn't like Static X much even when I did like nu-metal as a kid but 48 is too young for anyone.


1) it doesn't matter if you like static x or not, no one asked or cares.
2) the fact you use terms like 'elitist shitfest' and use that attitude means you're trying to start an argument, if you really didn't want 'elitism' you'd not say anything at all, but you're an elitist.
Psycho Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #7
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pigeon
1) it doesn't matter if you like static x or not, no one asked or cares.
2) the fact you use terms like 'elitist shitfest' and use that attitude means you're trying to start an argument, if you really didn't want 'elitism' you'd not say anything at all, but you're an elitist.


You're aware the only person trying to start an argument here is you, right?

All I meant is that I am aware of the ways many of the Metal forum regulars respond to threads such as this and I was hoping that it wouldn't degrade into a mud flinging contest. I know it doesn't matter whether I liked the band or not. Though I'm surprised you skimmed over the bit which reads "but 48 is far too young for anybody" as a mark of respect.

Thank you for proving to me that the metal forum can't do anything without trying to start petty arguments.

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 11-02-2014 at 02:07 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
The Virtuoso
L'…tranger
 
The Virtuoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BodÝ, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pigeon
1) it doesn't matter if you like static x or not, no one asked or cares.
2) the fact you use terms like 'elitist shitfest' and use that attitude means you're trying to start an argument, if you really didn't want 'elitism' you'd not say anything at all, but you're an elitist.



1. Your argument is invalid.
2. You're an idiot.
3. I agree with Chem. 48 is too young.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
Drop -D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar256
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/st...tic-dead-at-48/

Passed away at 48, cant believe. My childhood hero...


"may have been a drug overdose"

had it coming then
Drop -D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
ctfod
Your move, creep
 
ctfod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Are they going to build a special coffin to fit his ridiculous hair?
ctfod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #11
deadsmileyface
in luv with an apparition
 
deadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: into the setting sun ~~~ and love is a vampire ~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop -D
"may have been a drug overdose"

had it coming then

**** you

idgaf about Wayne but ur a shitty person okay? okay.
deadsmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
guitgrinder
Look! Over there!!!---->
 
guitgrinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I like the first Static X album quite a bit... but to be honest, I'm surprised anyone would ever cite Wayne Static as his "childhood hero." :/

Sadly, with all the bad news surrounding Wayne the last couple years it's not surprising he's passed, less so if it's drug related. Let see how Tony Campos weighs in, huh? Last words about Wayne from Tony was "**** him."
guitgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #13
Ironic Maiden
Prurient
 
Ironic Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
**** you

idgaf about Wayne but ur a shitty person okay? okay.

lol
Ironic Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #14
Drop -D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
**** you

idgaf about Wayne but ur a shitty person okay? okay.


cry harder
Drop -D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #15
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
 
The Wildchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indonesia
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Now his body is....COOOOOOOOOOLLLLDDDDDDD *que shitty vampire theme and subsequent gayness*
Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #17
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Pigeon
1) it doesn't matter if you like static x or not, no one asked or cares.

It's relevant, so stfu.

Quote:
2) the fact you use terms like 'elitist shitfest' and use that attitude means you're trying to start an argument, if you really didn't want 'elitism' you'd not say anything at all, but you're an elitist.

Are you fucking serious?

OT:
I didn't ever like Static X, but 48 is too short of a time to live.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #18
SexyBeast810
Shut up and thrash
 
SexyBeast810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The city of Townsville
I never particularly liked Static-X's music, but still, 48 is too young to die.
SexyBeast810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #19
Drop -D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBeast810
I never particularly liked Static-X's music, but still, 48 is too young to die.


Well, when you continue to use hard drugs as you age, you tend to run the risk of dying.
Drop -D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #20
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop -D
Well, when you continue to use hard drugs as you age, you tend to run the risk of dying.


He had been sober for some time prior to death.

Try again.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.