Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #5521
helltothee
Idiot

I hadn't heard of Sabazius. I just looked on their facebook page and a bloke called Steve plays in both, and both bands are from the same area, so I'd assume so.
I got a Sea Bastard track in a Metal Hammer CD, Aqua Vitae it was. It's great. It got me listening to their EP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryingNemo
I saw Satan one day
He looked kinda gay
The bible hates gays
So Satan I shall slay
Amen.
helltothee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #5522
william87nm
Banned

Are you tired of going office daily? Work at home with Google! I get paid over $87 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Here is what I've been doing Read More
william87nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #5523
Rising

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for something that has a political edge to it. Songs about scumbag politicians, religious fundamentalism, environmental destruction, warfare in general, etc...

Between Death/thrash/speed, I would be much obliged if y'all can point me in the right direction here.

Last edited by Rising : 12-18-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #5524
Hoodoo Man
LEG XX VV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising
Songs about scumbag politicians, religious fundamentalism, environmental destruction, warfare in general, etc...

These might be a bit obvious:

Master - Master
Carnivore - Carnivore ~ Retaliation
D.R.I.- Dealing With It
Birth A.D. - Stillbirth of a Nation
Fearless Iranians from Hell - discography
Hoodoo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #5525
Kronos2720

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for something that has a political edge to it. Songs about scumbag politicians, religious fundamentalism, environmental destruction, warfare in general, etc...

Between Death/thrash/speed, I would be much obliged if y'all can point me in the right direction here.

Megadeath's last few albums have been taking a political slant.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #5526
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos2720
Megadeath's last few albums have been taking a political slant.

Yeaah, buuuut... I can't stand Dave's voice nowadays.

>_>
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #5527
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

Looking for:
Sludge Metal bands along the lines of Mastodon, Kylesa, Black Tusk
Some good Metalcore bands. I'm finally deciding to try and get into it. I've heard of names like August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, and Parkway Drive, and I'm planning on checking them out; but are there any really great Metalcore bands I should look for?
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #5528
Kronos2720

Quote:

>_>

Meh he sounds the same to me,just some of it has been like listening to right wing conspiracy radio

Do you want just all out war type stuff? I tend to dislike music if it gets too political-you're here to entertain me,not brainwash me.

Winds of Plague seem to be on the edge of it,Vraid is another all out war band (WWII a lot)

Tell me that and I'll dig about in my pile.

Last edited by Kronos2720 : 12-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Kronos2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #5529
Rising

Quote:
Meh he sounds the same to me,just some of it has been like listening to right wing conspiracy radio

Do you want just all out war type stuff? I tend to dislike music if it gets too political-you're here to entertain me,not brainwash me.

Winds of Plague seem to be on the edge of it,Vraid is another all out war band (WWII a lot)

Tell me that and I'll dig about in my pile.

Hmmm... I guess something that deals more w/ contemporary warfare? For instance, I've been waiting for somebody to write a song/entire concept album on the predator drones they have flying around over the border of Pakistan/Afghanistan.

To be honest, I'd be a little surprised if nobody's gotten around to that yet.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #5530
Kronos2720

Quote:
Hmmm... I guess something that deals more w/ contemporary warfare? For instance, I've been waiting for somebody to write a song/entire concept album on the predator drones they have flying around over the border of Pakistan/Afghanistan.

To be honest, I'd be a little surprised if nobody's gotten around to that yet.

Yea,there's been a few songs on the ongoing war we have rolling now,though not a lot of good stuff (odd since Vietnam produced a whole generation of music,not all of it about the war but a damn lot of the 60's stuff was in response to it)

Really interesting thought,I need to look that up if I find something I'll let you know.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #5531
Steve08

Quote:

>_>
Then ignore it, the notion that vocals must be "good" for music to be enjoyable is completely subjective (because, really, what is "good"? It's individually determined based on preconceived notions held by the listener, rather than being based in any objective reason) and doesn't actually hold any relevance when judging the quality (or lack thereof) of a piece of music.

That said, check out Watchtower - Control and Resistance, Nuclear Assault - Game Over (sort of political), and Terrorizer - World Downfall.

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me

Last edited by Steve08 : 12-19-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #5532
Metal_Head1
MÍTÍR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodoo Man

Master - Master
Carnivore - Carnivore ~ Retaliation
D.R.I.- Dealing With It
Birth A.D. - Stillbirth of a Nation
Fearless Iranians from Hell - discography

Conversation could have ended there.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #5533
Rising

Quote:
Yea,there's been a few songs on the ongoing war we have rolling now,though not a lot of good stuff (odd since Vietnam produced a whole generation of music,not all of it about the war but a damn lot of the 60's stuff was in response to it)

Really interesting thought,I need to look that up if I find something I'll let you know.

lol.

Actually, forget the drones! What about the weaponization of space? I mean, this is a HUGE and completely mind blowing development that brings in its' train a pretty wild and disturbing set of implications.

This unprecedented idea that in the future we will live on a planet that is completely surrounded by this outer layer of highly sophisticated weapons.

It's truly amazing to me that our culture is still churning out band after band after band still stuck writing songs about outdated weapons and wars that have happened almost 80 years ago---I'm looking at you, here; Hail of Bullets (still awesome, none the less)

I want to thank you guys for your help so far. Master is the ****ing shit, although I had to spend quite some time sifting through youtube listings of Metallica's "MoP" to find the good stuff, lol.

Also, Fearless Iranians from Hell and I are a new found love <3 Will check out the rest later on!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #5534
Hoodoo Man
LEG XX VV

Glad to have been of help.

I'll second Steve08's recommendations of Nuclear Assault and Terrorizer, although I haven't heard Watchtower.
Hoodoo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #5535
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashUnleashed
Looking for:
Sludge Metal bands along the lines of Mastodon, Kylesa, Black Tusk
Some good Metalcore bands. I'm finally deciding to try and get into it. I've heard of names like August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, and Parkway Drive, and I'm planning on checking them out; but are there any really great Metalcore bands I should look for?

This might not be the best place to go looking for metalcore, but Trivium, Across the Sun, and Times of Grace may be worth checking out if you're in to that sort of thing.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #5536
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
Looking for:
Sludge Metal bands along the lines of Mastodon,

Baroness

The Spirit shall look out through Matter's gaze
And Matter shall reveal the Spirit's face.
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #5537
Steve08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodoo Man
although I haven't heard Watchtower.
I'd definitely recommend checking out the album that I mentioned, it's the definition of prog thrash; really technical and forward-thinking, and yet it still has balls unlike so many other "prog metal" bands, and some of the most unique, challenging lead guitar work in all of metal music as well.
Quote:
@bold: There is nothing of any particular artistic value to be found within that subgenre, it is basically oriented around using the same archetypal riff forms and drum beats over and over again, except reset into harder or softer aesthetic circumstance. You're kinda chasing ghosts here.

For really aggressive hardcore music with some influence from metal bands, though, check out Converge, Botch, Deadguy, Coalesce, Rorschach and Starkweather.

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me

Last edited by Steve08 : 12-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #5538
reaffer

Hello everybody , i want some stuff like this masterpiece ! some raw melodic black lml !
reaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #5539
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Quote:

Converge - Jane Doe
Arkangel - Dead Man Walking
Gaza - I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die; No Absolutes in Human Suffering
Fuck the Facts - Stigmata High Five; Die Miserable
Acme - To Reduce the Choir to One Soloist
Starkweather - Croatoan; This Sheltering Night
Burst - Origo; Lazarus Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #5540
jazar94
Chainsaw Vasectomy

To add to that list, check out Erra, Structures, and War of Ages. With emphasis on War of Ages, one of the best acts metalcore has to offer. [QUOTE]
jazar94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: