Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Rock & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Which one?
Led Zeppelin 4 23.53%
Led Zeppelin II 2 11.76%
Led Zeppelin III 0 0%
Led Zeppelin IV 5 29.41%
Houses of the Holy 3 17.65%
Physical Graffiti 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2015, 03:05 AM   #1
Hal-Sephira

Which Led Zeppelin album is your favorite?

Forget their last three terrible albums "Presence" 'In Through the Door" and "Coda".

Beside that, my favorite Led Zeppelin album is mostly IV. The reason why I like that album better because it had every kind music the members played and it took them to the new level. "Stairway To Heaven" is memorable and helped them to gain popularity for good. My favorite song of the album is mostly "Black Dog" because the guitar parts is part of the reason why I like it the most and, of course, it's listenable. The rest of the album is just amazing to listen.

Anyway, that's all I can say about the album.

Other than that, which Zeppelin album do you like the most?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:45 AM   #2
slipknot5678
UG Addict

all I have is the mothership greatest hits cd and I don't remember much beyond that lol.
UG's #1 hottest, SAFE LINK!!!
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
Rickholly74

The first album is sparse and raw and just fun to listen to. It sounds like what it is; a live in the studio production. Yes, there were a few guitar overdubs to add an extra guitar in parts but outside of that it was an album Jimmy Page says was done using only 36 total hours of studio time and the whole thing took less than two weeks and that included mixing. Plant sang live while the band played. Page said when he went to remix the album in the 1990's he was surprised by how much Robert's live vocal leaked into all of the other instrument microphones but it's part of the overall ambiance of this album. Jimmy and their manager Peter Grant paid for the whole album so they were able to go to record companies with the tape in hand ready for release. This gave them immense freedom to pick and choose who they wanted to sign with. They may have been the first major band to have ever done this. It's a great performance and excellent song choices (Though they didn't write many of the songs on the first album they did create unique arrangements of those songs).
Today you are lucky if your favorite band puts out an album every two to three years because they spend thousands of hours in the studio using unlimited tracks, tweaking, overdubbing, re-recording making sure every note is perfect (something that often knocks out any real emotion or punch out a recording). In October 1968 Led Zeppelin went to Olympic Studios, set up and played live while recording it all on an 8 track recorder. Most bands these days can't record one song in 36 hours let alone an entire album.
Just a further note: The first album was released in January of 1969. They released their 2nd album 10 months later (Oct 1969) during a time that also included full tours of the both the US and UK.

Last edited by Rickholly74 : 02-24-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Rickholly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
abronzo

Out of those, probably Led Zeppelin 1...... But i cant believe you left out Presence. Presence is easily the most underrated Led Zeppelin album.... LZ4 is so overrated and Physical Graffiti is amazing by itself but i think people like LZ4 because of stairway.... which makes me sick
abronzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
channellsguitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by abronzo
LZ4 is so overrated and Physical Graffiti is amazing by itself but i think people like LZ4 because of stairway.... which makes me sick

Led Zeppelin 4 overrated?? You're right on the front of Stairway to Heaven but it is the best Zeppelin for me and many others. But you've also got one of Page's best riffs on 'Black Dog' and unbelievable drums from Bonham on 'Rock n Roll', as well as Going to California!!!

Led Zeppelin 1 is probably my second fav to be fair. Communication Breakdown
channellsguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
Hal-Sephira

Quote:
Originally Posted by abronzo
Out of those, probably Led Zeppelin 1...... But i cant believe you left out Presence. Presence is easily the most underrated Led Zeppelin album.... LZ4 is so overrated and Physical Graffiti is amazing by itself but i think people like LZ4 because of stairway.... which makes me sick

You are so wrong about Led Zeppelin 4. And you thought Presence was good? Oh god, you have crappy taste in music I can tell.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #7
The Judist
The problem is choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal-Sephira
Forget their last three terrible albums "Presence" 'In Through the Door" and "Coda".
Define terrible.
Cos ITTOD has some great songs on it.
"In the evening..." BAH DAH DAH BAH DAH DAHHHH
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
The Judist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
monwobobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal-Sephira

Beside that, my favorite Led Zeppelin album is mostly IV. The reason why I like that album better because it had every kind music the members played and it took them to the new level. "Stairway To Heaven" is memorable and helped them to gain popularity for good. My favorite song of the album is mostly "Black Dog" because the guitar parts is part of the reason why I like it the most and, of course, it's listenable. The rest of the album is just amazing to listen.

Anyway, that's all I can say about the album.

Other than that, which Zeppelin album do you like the most?

while Coda is just a mish mash of leftover tracks it does have some good music on it. to say that last 2 studio albums are terrible is just plain dumb.

PRESENSE gets my vote so that should say something. achilles last stand is an awesome song as is tea for one and candy store rock. In Through The Out Door while not great is still a solid album and certainly In The Evening and All Of My Love are solid tracks.

what's the point of doing this poll when you dis those albums. they may someones fav.
monwobobbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #9
ZeppelinSkynyrd

Led Zeppelin 2 without a doubt.
ZeppelinSkynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: