Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Rock & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-23-2016, 12:39 AM   #1
Baltic Ave.
If it makes you less sad

Going to see Modest Mouse soon....

As the title suggests, I'm going to see Modest Mouse together with Brand New (one of my very favorite bands) in June.

I've always been told I'd like Modest Mouse, but I've never really gotten around to seriously listening to them. I'm kind of in a spot now where I think I could use some new music and I'm wondering which Modest Mouse albums to start with?

To be completely fair, I am vaguely familiar with (and actually own) the moon and antarctica because one of me exes loved that album. So I know a few songs off of that one. I'm going to start listening to that, but where is another good part of their discography to hit up? Anything you guys think is especially important to pay attention to?
Baltic Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:59 AM   #2
Rue :)
Cool Kid

I really like 'Good News For People Who Love Bad News' (I think Bukowski has to be my favourite song on the album), but I have a bit of a soft spot for 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank' because that was the first one of their albums that I actually listened to as a whole (and owned). I think all of their stuff is pretty good, although I am still undecided on a couple of the songs on their newest album (particularly 'Ansel' and 'Pistol') but maybe I just haven't listened to them enough.
Enjoy the concert! I am a bit jealous
Rue :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
squidlips

Good News For People Who Love Bad News is awesome.
The Moon and Antarctica is pretty good.
This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About isn't bad either.
We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank is another favourite.

I haven't seen them live yet, but if they ever come back to Australia I'd really like to catch them. You lucky duck you.

Brand New are awesome as well, I really like 'Jesus Christ'.
squidlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:34 PM   #4
Rue :)
Cool Kid

They need to come to Australia again! Problem is, I'm from Tassie and most bands just bypass Tasmania all together on their tours
Rue :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
extrachill

I'm going to one of those shows, too, except in July.

Listen to "Trailer Trash", "Edit The Sad Parts", "Little Motel", "Heart Cooks Brain", "Dramamine".

As for albums, start with to either The Lonesome Crowded West or The Moon And Antarctica. Modest Mouse kicks ass

extrachill.com
extrachill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: