Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #2701
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

My English essays are graded on a rubric but as long as you did it right you get points (the rubric is more of a symbolic grade to show how well you would do on the AP exam).

My history teacher is a good teacher but he grades things a bit weirdly. The essay was about the 'true cause of the Mexican-American War'. To get one hundred percent he said we had to have the 'correct thesis' and I went for an evolving thesis approach discussing all of the major causes in chronological order. What's annoying is I hinted at his 'correct thesis' all throughout the essay and spent a paragraph properly discussing it but since I didn't explicitly say that was the main cause, I didn't get a 100%. His 'correct thesis' ignores all of the underlying issues that mine included though. /rant

Last edited by slipknot5678 : 12-07-2012 at 12:39 AM.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #2702
bradulator
through being cool

I got a 99 on my first book review for one of my classes because of "perfect combination of analysis and critique" which is cool. Would've been a 100 if I cited things correctly. I got a 100 on an 8 page paper in that class as well as like a 97 on another long ass paper. Today I wrote the last book review for that class and I hadn't even read the book. I managed to get to 1000 words somehow. He grades based on analysis, organization, and logical arguments/criticisms. In other words I am a god of sorts at writing papers which makes me confident about being a freelance writer in the future.

In my Spanish class today though we went over some Spanish painters for our final and one of them was Dali and my teacher told the class that he was still alive.

bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #2703
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
I got a 99 on my first book review for one of my classes because of "perfect combination of analysis and critique" which is cool. Would've been a 100 if I cited things correctly. I got a 100 on an 8 page paper in that class as well as like a 97 on another long ass paper.

did you put those on the fridge? o:
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #2704
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
did you put those on the fridge? o:

I joked about doing so. But I probably will keep these papers forever. I like the feeling after you finish a good paper. I only like writing papers about things that I care about though.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #2705
bradulator
through being cool

Picasso and Dali are cool. Goya creeps me out.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #2706
bradulator
through being cool

Oh and she didn't even mention Un Chien Andalou. If I was the teacher I would have mentioned it and then brought up the Pixies.

She also said he has a thick handlebar mustache. I was living a really bad comedy this morning.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #2707
█▐▌█▐▌

i don't like paintings, the goofy fabric kind. they are ridiculous false windows for poofs. i can respect cave paintings i guess.

i don't like the pixies.

i like un chien andalou. i also like l'age d'or. because i'm supposed to like them and i don't have any discernment. as if there's any difference between liking and supposed-to-like-ing. identity is a delusion.

on a subjectively related note, i had a dream that there was a supposed bob dylan song that blink 182 covered. it was on a concept album from around the another side period, and, both musically and lyrically, it was very much inscrutable and arcane, while also being crude in the league of anal cunt. the album was possibly a hoax, nonexistent.

some amusing paraphrases from the dream:

"some said the album was 'songs of negro something-or-other,' others said it was space themed, others said it was beyond such commonplaces."

"no single person could invent something as good as the blues"

Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ : 12-07-2012 at 02:36 AM.
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #2708
Hereiwas
"Alex"

I like liking things.

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Hereiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #2709
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by █▐▌█▐▌
on a subjectively related note, i had a dream that there was a supposed bob dylan song that blink 182 covered. it was on a concept album from around the another side period, and, both musically and lyrically, it was very much inscrutable and arcane, while also being crude in the league of anal cunt. the album was possibly a hoax, nonexistent.

some amusing paraphrases from the dream:

"some said the album was 'songs of negro something-or-other,' others said it was space themed, others said it was beyond such commonplaces."

"no single person could invent something as good as the blues"

Lel. Bob Dylan dreams are the best dreams.

Last night I dreamt that Hamilton Morris was sitting across the aisle from me on the bus. It was just he and I as the sun was going down. I could hear his inner monologue, which was in the exact style of his voiceovers on that drug adventure show he does. o_o
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #2710
Jearl
yr bird.

Quote:
i don't like paintings, the goofy fabric kind. they are ridiculous false windows for poofs. i can respect cave paintings i guess.

show

last.fm
Jearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #2711
Hereiwas
"Alex"

Is that Margritte?

I really hope so, because he is pretty uch the only artist i can recognise. If it isn't i know even less about art than i thought i did.

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Hereiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #2712
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

I had a dream about starting a fuzz-folk band with Jay Reatard once but I know nobody cares about other people's dreams so I won't tell that story.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #2713
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot

no one wants to hear what you dreamt about unless you dreamt about them

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
jiminizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #2714
█▐▌█▐▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
I had a dream about starting a fuzz-folk band with Jay Reatard once but I know nobody cares about other people's dreams so I won't tell that story.

**** you, i care about other people's dreams, apparently due does too at least when they are about bob dylan, i'm sure others to too. **** you.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #2715
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
**** you, i care about other people's dreams, apparently due does too at least when they are about bob dylan, i'm sure others to too. **** you.

The dream was that I saw someone squatting in an old house in my town who turned out to be Jay, and I said I wouldn't turn him in if he started a band with me. This was about two years ago and it's one of maybe five or six dreams that I vividly remember in my life.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #2716
█▐▌█▐▌

People talk about fuzz folk but I never know exactly what they're talking about.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #2717
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

due, I have the second half of my song basically written, I just need to 'spice it up' since it's a bunch of cheesy major scale melodies and generic chords.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #2718
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
People talk about fuzz folk but I never know exactly what they're talking about.

Neither do I, but I distinctly remember saying "fuzz-folk." To bad the dream ended before we played any shows.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #2719
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I always post about dreams but I'll go ahead and do it again.

I had a dream a few years ago that was my whole life (starting from waking up the next morning- a false awakening scenario). The dream was twenty years long (I died in my thirties) yet it was physically only one night. It's hard to explain. I don't remember too many details but at the end when I died it was the best way to die, like the ending of a book. And then when I closed my eyes to die I woke up and was fourteen again. It was an incredibly strange feeling.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #2720
█▐▌█▐▌

woah that's heavy.

Rate This Thread: