Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #4581
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I think I'll just go with William Letcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereiwas
does this mean you're going to release some music?

Yeah, but don't count on it soon (I'm hoping sometime during or before June). I'm going to have two or three new songs plus re-release (that actually sound good) of a couple older songs.

My only qualm is that I really do not want to sound upper-class. Does William give off more of a 'rich twat' vibe or a 'noble rich person who understands the plight of the poor' vibe? I basically am a rich twat but I wasn't always and I am deeply ashamed of it. This seriously weighs on my consious constantly (you can tell I have no real problems ).
slipknot5678 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #4582
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

William Letcher sounds so much better.

btw I was reading about British immigration and I don't think it's as complicated as you make it sound. You pretty much just need a good job and residence there for 5 years from what I read (or you can squeeze citizenship out of a girl there of course).
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #4583
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I'm sure we both have a piece of the puzzle each.

From my understanding they've just put more limitations on who can get a job (including the 20,000 person quota for non-EU workers, unless it's a job they are in shortage of, in that case there is no quota if I remember correctly) and our time studying won't count towards the five years (but it would count if you are there for ten years).

Edit: But as much as I hate to say it, we are both white English speaking Americans so we are at an advantage compared to every other non-EU or non- Englsih speaking Commonwealth citizens.

Last edited by slipknot5678 : 03-10-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #4584
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

You're just going with what you wanted from the start? After all that work we did coming up with good names?
uhh_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #4585
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
I'm sure we both have a piece of the puzzle each.

From my understanding they've just put more limitations on who can get a job (including the 20,000 person quota for non-EU workers, unless it's a job they are in shortage of, in that case there is no quota if I remember correctly) and our time studying won't count towards the five years (but it would count if you are there for ten years).

Edit: But as much as I hate to say it, we are both white English speaking Americans so we are at an advantage compared to every other non-EU or non- Englsih speaking Commonwealth citizens.

Yeah I was reading (on 4chan <_<) that if you want to immigrate to Scandinavia the best thing you can do is go to college there and study either engineering or medical stuff, so that quota limit thing might be right.

Just looked it up and there's a limit of 20700 non-EU people that can enter the UK in a year (which for some reason is April to April), but if you have an annual salary above 150,000 the limit doesn't apply. So I gotta get those Queens faces.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #4586
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Will E. Letcher was a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
Yeah I was reading (on 4chan <_<) that if you want to immigrate to Scandinavia the best thing you can do is go to college there and study either engineering or medical stuff, so that quota limit thing might be right.

Just looked it up and there's a limit of 20700 non-EU people that can enter the UK in a year (which for some reason is April to April), but if you have an annual salary above 150,000 the limit doesn't apply. So I gotta get those Queens faces.

I do not recall anything like that for Sweden. It's still not easy to simply get a job as a foreigner there but from what I've read (and from what Kensai has told me) if you speak Swedish it should be relatively easy (although I think you're right that engineering or medical feilds are the most likely to get you in). I'm confident I could learn the answer after three-five years of studying.

150,000 is a lot of money. Hopefully Britain will just stop voting for Conservatives and things will relax a bit. >_>

Last edited by slipknot5678 : 03-10-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #4587
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Oh yeah 150,000 p/y obviously isn't happening. And yeah student visas don't count towards citizenship. I'm not too worried.

Flags, to what degree do you speak french?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #4588
Hereiwas
"Alex"

Shit, it would cost you guys 150,000 a YEAR to study in UK? We're all getting upset about 9,000

I know alot of universities are stressing that they are "international hubs", so the student route is probably a good way of arriving here. ( + I don't think the Conservative party will last much longer, or atleast it is going to have to change tack re: austerity so prices will hopefully go down again and immigration will open up.) Not being Romanian is also a massive boon at the minute, not sure why.

(I look forward to hearing you make some music, Will. I don't think yr name will be a drag.)

(Since David and Iggy are releasing new stuff, will we get something from Lou?)

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford

Last edited by Hereiwas : 03-11-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Hereiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #4589
█▐▌█▐▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
Flags, to what degree do you speak french?

Idk, I am currently enrolled in Elementary French II (and am probably one of the better students in the class ). Why?
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #4590
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereiwas
Shit, it would cost you guys 150,000 a YEAR to study in UK? We're all getting upset about 9,000

I know alot of universities are stressing that they are "international hubs", so the student route is probably a good way of arriving here. ( + I don't think the Conservative party will last much longer, or atleast it is going to have to change tack re: austerity so prices will hopefully go down again and immigration will open up.) Not being Romanian is also a massive boon at the minute, not sure why.

(I look forward to hearing you make some music, Will. I don't think yr name will be a drag.)

(Since David and Iggy are releasing new stuff, will we get something from Lou?)

lol man you're so lost. If you make 150,000 a year you're free to take up residence without regard to the cap on non-EU workers. 150,000 p/y for tuition It's 13,000

^Those french threads you made last week seemed pretty advanced so I was just curious.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #4591
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you

I'm thinking I may take some French in college, idk. I love Latin but it probably won't be particularly useful in the future in anything beyond learning other languages.

I'm dying.
-Is it blissful?
It's like a dream.
-I want to dream.

Blog I Write For
ManInTheBox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #4592
bradulator
through being cool

I took French in high school for two years. It was fun and the teacher was the mom of one of my most favorite people ever.

Now that i'm taking Spanish I get hella confused particularly when it comes to doing the numbers. It takes me forever to remember the super easy spanish numbers cuz i've been used to French.

I've been toying with the idea of minoring in Spanish though because I would like to go to the South Americas someday.

Last edited by bradulator : 03-11-2013 at 10:35 PM.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #4593
█▐▌█▐▌

i am thinking of majoring in french cuz it's the only class where i actually like doing the homework and shit.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #4594
bradulator
through being cool

You should do it and be a French teacher.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #4595
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you

Lol, I don't even know numbers in Latin. It's such a non-conversation based language (well, as it's taught now) that numbers, conversational phrases, common animals, all that kind of stuff isn't really taught as forcefully.

I'm dying.
-Is it blissful?
It's like a dream.
-I want to dream.

Blog I Write For
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #4596
bradulator
through being cool

I would never want to learn latin honestly.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #4597
█▐▌█▐▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
You should do it and be a French teacher.

maybe i will be a regular lousy sub
and call myself a substitute french teacher
like peggy hill w/ her spanish
except french so better
Old 03-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #4598
█▐▌█▐▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
I am also enrolled in Elementary French II. I am not the best student in class, but I am in class w/ freshman who already took French in high school, so no fair.

to what extent do you speak russian? just curious.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #4599
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
I would never want to learn latin honestly.

It's actually pretty fun a lot of the time, though a good bit of that is because we have a really awesome teacher (probably my favorite teacher of all time) who consistently makes jokes and is fascinated by urban English and talks to us about The Walking Dead every Monday. The language itself is fun too, plus you get all the cool Roman history stuff with it.

I'm dying.
-Is it blissful?
It's like a dream.
-I want to dream.

Blog I Write For
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #4600
Jearl
yr bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by █▐▌█▐▌
i am thinking of majoring in french cuz it's the only class where i actually like doing the homework and shit.

plus, you'd get to take awesome french literature classes.
there are a lot of books by french writers that I can't read in french and I feel like I'm missing out on something.

like all translated texts, I guess.
I just have a bunch of french ones.

last.fm
Jearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: