Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
bnull24
Y.R.O.

Amp problem

I own a Carvin Legacy 2x12 combo, and it has a switch that allows you to select 50W (2 power tubes) or 100W (4 power tubes). The 100W, 4 tube setting works fine. Oddly enough, though, the 50W, 2 tube setting does not. A loud static that drastically reduces the volume of my playing, or sometimes eliminates it entirely, just comes and goes. I was hoping people with experience modifying amps and working on amps would have an idea as to the cause and maybe even a solution to this problem. Could this be caused by something as simple as a broken solder joint? I haven't opened it up yet. I don't understand is why it is only on the mode that I would assume uses mostly the same circuitry as the one that works, only less. My local amp repair shop charges $40 + time to even look at it.

Last edited by bnull24 : 01-18-2011 at 03:04 AM.
bnull24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
salgala2000
GB&C's Noob of the Year

So your amp has power tubes in total? Or is it 2 for one channel and 4 for the other?
Pedal building thread

UG's Bokononist!
salgala2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: