Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
SeEsAw12
The Commissioner

Alternative Instrumental(no name) GP5/MIDI

I'm not really done with although I did add an ending for criticism's sake.

I'd love some feedback/ways on how to fix the song/anything.

I started it yesterday and want to finish it ASAP and get it to recording. Thanks for listening!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 blah blah blah blah.gp5 (48.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: mid blah blah blah blah.mid (35.0 KB, 24 views)
  3. Line 6 Spider II 120 - (Don't judge me!!)
  4. Jay Turser Custom Series Acoustic

Give some of the music a listen and tell me what ya think!
SeEsAw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
RealityShatter

Loved the song

Now u did write it's instrumental but u should srsly consider putting vocals in it.
Right now it's lovely and soothing, maybe a tad repetitive but not boring, overall well composed but imo it would sound 10x better some with vocals.

The intro part is kinda 2 long, u might wanna cut that down unless ofc there is some singing ontop of that.

After that it starts to get interesting, it's all basic, nothing fancy but it just sounds so well together.

Also i loved that little melody that G1 and G2 play from bar 33 to 43.

To keep it short, i wouldn't change much, just the vocal thingy and cutting the piano intro down. Also, it could use a real ending, but it ain't bad as it is. 8/10 but it would be a 9 probably if u did some minor adjustments.

''try buying a better subwoofer and listen to it again''

My GP5 work:
Heavy diamond truck - heavy slap / korn style
Nu-metalish thingy
RealityShatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
SeEsAw12
The Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityShatter
Loved the song

Now u did write it's instrumental but u should srsly consider putting vocals in it.
Right now it's lovely and soothing, maybe a tad repetitive but not boring, overall well composed but imo it would sound 10x better some with vocals.

The intro part is kinda 2 long, u might wanna cut that down unless ofc there is some singing ontop of that.

After that it starts to get interesting, it's all basic, nothing fancy but it just sounds so well together.

Also i loved that little melody that G1 and G2 play from bar 33 to 43.

To keep it short, i wouldn't change much, just the vocal thingy and cutting the piano intro down. Also, it could use a real ending, but it ain't bad as it is. 8/10 but it would be a 9 probably if u did some minor adjustments.

Thanks, man! But, yeah, The only reason the intro is so long is because I was planning on adding vocals to that little part.

And in the end where the music stops and goes back I was going to add more lyrics and then go back into the song but i'm still working on that. Hopefully the repetitiveness is forgotten once vocals go over it.

Thanks again! I appreciate the feedback
  3. Line 6 Spider II 120 - (Don't judge me!!)
  4. Jay Turser Custom Series Acoustic

Give some of the music a listen and tell me what ya think!
SeEsAw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
herby190
slaps basses and faces.

My apologies for not critting this the first time you asked me to; I was going to, but ended up getting side-tracked.

I liked this; it was nice to listen to, although it could use some changes.

I think it can make a piece more interesting to have powerful section changes. For example, at measure 65, following up on the snare roll, when the drums come in with the crash cymbal, would be a good time for G2 to go distorted or overdriven, and for G1 to come in with a powerchord part to fill in the space (you could just copy and paste what G2 does from 81-84).

Also, that drum beat that starts at 65 gets pretty repetitive, and it feels like it's holding it back; after awhile, switch to something more energetic. I'm thinking eighth notes on loose-hi hats, and a lot of fills.
herby190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: