Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
dylan08
UGS 2ND ONLY TWIN(Dunc09)

got a Winchester 32 special

not my picture though, found it on Google, but it is the same gun.
also got a .22 that's almost a hundred years old,
and a mossberg bolt action 410

Last edited by dylan08 : 02-28-2011 at 01:59 PM.
dylan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #22
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie_777
How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean weapons and how often do you need too?

Does it depend on the weapon that you're using as I'm joining the army and wondering how much time i'm gonna be spending cleaning the guns?

Depends on the weapon, it's firing system, and the ammunition used. The likelihood that you're going to be frequently cleaning a weapon in any military is very high. Militaries buy from the "lowest bidder" and, at any rate, generally don't use very clean firing weapons. You will more than likely clean it after every time you shoot it.

Its not a big pain to clean a weapon, as long as you keep up on it and don't let it get too bad before cleaning. It also depends on how thorough you want to get with it.

For any weapon that you are likely to own, cleaning isn't a very big problem.

For some, like me, it's a bit therapeutic.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
blake1221
‭‭

You're going to breakdown and clean your gun so much you'll be able to do it in your sleep. You're going to have to know every inch of it so if it jams in battle, you can find exactly what went wrong.

I only know for shotguns and pistols, but I've never had too much trouble with breaking a gun down. Cleaning can be done as needed, some people will do it once or twice during the season. Others after every use.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
Sizzleby
UG Newbie

I'll actually be pleasantly surprised if this thread doesn't turn into a shitstorm of pro-gun/anti-gun arguments.
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
Sizzleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #25
metalblaster
UG Newbie

I just got my PAL yesterday. That's ''gun license'' for you Americans. I'm stoked, I really wanted a .308 or something from the Remington 700 line, but they're so damn expensive and bloody hard to find used in Canada. So I'm debating to save up alot and get one brand new, or save up just abit and get a 12 gauge and shoot slugs and sabot slugs to make some trees explode.

I might be going for my restricted next sunday, that's ''gun license'' for your Americans, except for us it means owning pistols.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #26
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
I just got my PAL yesterday. That's ''gun license'' for you Americans. I'm stoked, I really wanted a .308 or something from the Remington 700 line, but they're so damn expensive and bloody hard to find used in Canada. So I'm debating to save up alot and get one brand new, or save up just abit and get a 12 gauge and shoot slugs and sabot slugs to make some trees explode.

I might be going for my restricted next sunday, that's ''gun license'' for your Americans, except for us it means owning pistols.

Buy in America, drive back to Canada? Is that an option where you live?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #27
metalblaster
UG Newbie

Quote:
How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean weapons and how often do you need too?

Does it depend on the weapon that you're using as I'm joining the army and wondering how much time i'm gonna be spending cleaning the guns?

Depends, some weapons last forever because of their engineering and some don't because of improper care. Look at AK-47's, engineering, design and concept are great, but if you don't care of it, it will still shoot just fine, however will your shot be accurate? These are things that come into play. I would never buy a used AK from some random person, only from someone I know has taken proper care of it and not put it in sand and dropped 100 times while trying to escape some air raid.

My buddy uses the C7s and C6s, those things have some real tough age on them. And they've gone through alot of shit and abuse, but they are constantly cleaned and taken care of. He says worst case for him and his gun; they'll just oil the shit out of it and she'll be brand new.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #28
Silver-spear94
Banned

i have a 9" hunting knife, does that count? ^_^

i'm alright with nunchaku, i can throw shuriken pretty well.

few airguns in the house, other than that, no firearms.
Silver-spear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
Bikewer

Well... I have rather extensive experience with a wide variety of firearms and other weapons as well. Been interested since childhood.
I was in the military as a medic from '64-'67, so I got to handle/fire most all the small arms issued at the time. (we medics always "supported" the guys doing the shooting, and they'd always ask if you wanted to shoot the machine-gun or whatever.)
As well, I started my own collection at that time.
At one time or another, I imagine I've owned at least 50 different handguns, from rimfire and black-powder replicas up to a variety of centerfire revolvers and auto pistols.
Perhaps a dozen different long arms as well.
I was also an active reloader, and over a 10-15 year period averaged at least a couple of thousand rounds a week through various weapons.
I've been in police work for 40+ years, so I'm familiar with essentially all police-oriented firearms.
Currently carry a Glock M23 (.40 S&W) and have a typical .223 "AR" rifle in the patrol car.
In addition, I've read extensively on the history, development, function, and design of firearms.
So I know a bit...

But that's not all.... I've been interested in "primitive" weapons and also martial-arts weaponry for many years as well. I can use a sling, an atlatl....I've made my own archery equipment, I throw knives occasionally....
And again have a rather extensive knowledge of these things from reading on the subject for many years.
Bikewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #30
metalblaster
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
Buy in America, drive back to Canada? Is that an option where you live?

Yeah absolutely, but the weapons I buy and bring over have to be legal in my country. That means no automatics AT ALL (getting a prohibited license here is pretty much impossible if you're a regular joe blo), no extended mags and stuff like that. Some weapons are illegal even if you modify them to be legal. Some weapons are in a gray zone, like the sks.

I think I will buy my stuff in the states, it's cheaper and easier to find, plus I live right near Cornwall which is beside Massena. The real bitch is when you have to claim it at the border and you get fees and taxes added on. I'm not sure how much the difference really is with the taxes and stuff though.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
rgrockr
cdesign proponentist

I'm happy to see the master gun-control debaters have respected this thread's right to exist.

OT: I think I'm sexually attracted to Chicago Typewriters. I shot one once, despite being an SMG that shoots .45 ACP rounds, the weight of the gun was enough to dampen the kickback. So it was pretty damn accurate. And it was very comfortable to hold.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #32
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
Yeah absolutely, but the weapons I buy and bring over have to be legal in my country. That means no automatics AT ALL (getting a prohibited license here is pretty much impossible if you're a regular joe blo), no extended mags and stuff like that. Some weapons are illegal even if you modify them to be legal. Some weapons are in a gray zone, like the sks.

I think I will buy my stuff in the states, it's cheaper and easier to find, plus I live right near Cornwall which is beside Massena. The real bitch is when you have to claim it at the border and you get fees and taxes added on. I'm not sure how much the difference really is with the taxes and stuff though.

Extended mags are gay, and so are automatic weapons for someone who doesn't need one professionally.

Why not just not claim it? I've never been searched when border hopping. Yeah yeah it's "illegal", but that's not the be-all, end-all of whether or not to do something.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #33
metalblaster
UG Newbie

Quote:
Extended mags are gay, and so are automatic weapons for someone who doesn't need one professionally.

Why not just not claim it? I've never been searched when border hopping. Yeah yeah it's "illegal", but that's not the be-all, end-all of whether or not to do something.

Actually they're not really gay if you enjoy using automatic weapons. And let's be honest, who doesn't want to try an automatic.

Well I could do that, it's just really risky, if I get caught not claiming a firearm, that's actually big trouble. I've never been searched, but I know my has been searched a few times. The fact that I'm going through Cornwall is enough to scare me away. That is one HUGE hotspot of cross-border activity. I remember reading somewhere that 90% of contraband cigarettes in Canada come through Cornwall.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #34
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
Actually they're not really gay if you enjoy using automatic weapons. And let's be honest, who doesn't want to try an automatic.

Well I could do that, it's just really risky, if I get caught not claiming a firearm, that's actually big trouble. I've never been searched, but I know my has been searched a few times. The fact that I'm going through Cornwall is enough to scare me away. That is one HUGE hotspot of cross-border activity. I remember reading somewhere that 90% of contraband cigarettes in Canada come through Cornwall.

Well I guess it's cool if you're this guy...

Old 02-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #35
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:

The M4/16 gets easier the more you do it. It just takes getting used to it. It can be down to a half hour to get it armory clean if you know what you're doing.

SAW's and M240B's take ALL. ****ING. DAY.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #36
metalblaster
UG Newbie

Quote:
Well I guess it's cool if you're this guy...

ABSO****INGLUTELY

Hey, tell ya what, you want a valid excuse? I'm preparing for the apocalypse. How's that.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #37
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:
Extended mags are gay.

Yeah, you really are a Ranger.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #38
Dangertux
Penguin Inside

For the guy joining the army. The above post about the m4 /16 is correct. Truth of the matter it all depends on what your unit armorer will accept as clean they are accountable for all the stuff so if you do a shoddy job cleaning it, if can come back on them. I was in the army for 6 years and spent 3 as an armorer if I knew I didn't have an inspection coming up or that i was turning weapons in for refitting I would let people slide. If I had t been looked at in a while I was a huge dick about it. I was also always a dick with 249s and 240s. One they are stupid expensive and from an armorers standpoint much more difficult to fix if poorly maintained.

In any case you will be more then trained how to maintain your weapon and be given plenty of time to do it. Usually when going to a range in the military you will spend the following week cleaning your weapon lol.

Also keep in mind your armorer is a person I was usually more then happy to take in a crap weapon and bring it to standard myself for a bottle of makers mark lol.

On a side note I personally own a glock 23 and Springfield armory xd .40. Probably going to sell the glock in a effort to raise money for a new amp since I am very pleased with the xd.

Last edited by Dangertux : 02-28-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Dangertux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #39
I am wet
Registered User of Water

I love guns, I've got a few. I also like knives, I have a few of those too.

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I am wet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #40
psychedelic14
███

Quote:

It's not just "extended mags" that are illegal: anything more than 5 rounds for a centerfire rifle is illegal, and 10 rounds for pistols
psychedelic14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: