Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #41
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!

I've wanted to get a gun for a long while now, but it'll be a ways off before I'll have the disposable income to blow on such a hobby.

I'd love to get a real, original SVD (which would cost like... the GDP of a small country...) or an old SKS. I just have a thing for Russian guns in general - your Mosins and your SVT-40s and whatnot. Maybe an old Makarov.
Flying Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #42
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie

My father has a whole cabinet of various rifles and shotguns, some of them pretty old too (.22 probably from late 40's or 50's, and a double barrel shotgun that's probably even older.)

I usually go hunting with the Remington 870 on Labour Day Weekend with him and my brother for ducks and geese, and sometimes during the winter for partridge. Other than that, I just shoot random things with one of the .22s we have when I bored at the cabin, and sometimes proper target shooting with a Remington 700 .30-06. Haven't been hunting for real big game like caribou in a while, and probably won't be able to for another few years since there's hardly any snow and I'm moving to a city in July. I'd really like to go out again sometime though.

I've also been making it a habit to go to the United States at least once a year since 2008 to shoot off some pistols and automatics (damn Canada gun restrictions ). So far I've been to one outdoor range and two indoor (one of which being the famous Gun Store in Las Vegas). I've shot the following:
- M16
- AK-47
- Browning M1919A4
- Uzi
- Sterling
- MP5
- MP40
- Krinkov
- M249 SAW
- M9 Pistol
- M1911 Pistol
- USP Compact .45

That's probably about it. I'm actually looking into buying a 9mm handgun next year, as I will be eighteen (the minimum age for a PAL in Canada) and able to buy a handgun if I register with a local Rod and Gun Club, along with the police. I figured I'd get a 9mm just because the cops told my father (a Federal Prosector) that they'd give him some of their surplus 9mm ammo if he wanted for his handgun, so I figure I might as well do the same. Any suggestions on a decent 9mm? The barrel has to be at least 4.1" to be in line with Canadian regulations.

Last edited by Pat_s1t : 02-28-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #43
IdkWhatImDoing
Banned

I love shooting shotguns.
IdkWhatImDoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #44
Phoenix Reborn
Neighborhood Pyromaniac

I come from a very big 'gun' family. I joined my dad and his buddies out on the range and shot a gun for the first time when I was 8. Yeah, yeah some of you may say 'Oh no! That's far too young!' I beg to differ. A gun is a weapon, and yes, like any weapon they can be extremely dangerous. But gun's don't kill...people abusing guns do. Now that I ended that little rant, haha, I guess I'll start with the guns I have.

Savage 30.06 Rifle -Bolt Action-: Not a company that many wuld recognize, but it's a very nice gun. Unfortunatly my accuracy with it's probably gone to heck lately since i haven't shot it since I moved (over a year ago, haha). The scope I have on this is something else to. It actually adjusts for bullet trajectory based on how far the scope's sighted for as you adjust it. Thanks to this rifle I've learned that one shot is all you ever should need to bring a deer down. People that use semi-autos for hunting not only frusterate me...but scare the hell outta me. I literally duck fro cover the opening 10 minutes during hunting season, all those .22 rounds flying overhead...somebody could get hurt, lol.

Remington 20 Gauge Break-Action yeah...It's a single shot, yeah it's only a 20 gauge. But man is it fun to go trap shooting with. Lotta memories with that gun.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #45
YOTE HUNTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan08
got a Winchester 32 special

not my picture though, found it on Google, but it is the same gun.
also got a .22 that's almost a hundred years old,
and a mossberg bolt action 410
I HAVE THOSE SAME GUNS

Last edited by YOTE HUNTER : 02-28-2011 at 08:59 PM.
YOTE HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #46
vicarious46
Registered Masshole

I'm working on getting my F.I.D. card, just have to get an interview with an officer down at the police department. My dad should be getting his Class A as well, so i'm pumped! Probably shooting just for recreational purposes, I love shooting really releaves a lot of stress.

I wanna get Sig .45 (1911 would be ideal) but not sure because the ammo is pretty expensive. so i'll probably get a 9mm.
Shooting a .45 is just way too much fun though...

Although at a local gun shop they have .223 ar-15LR for like ~500 and i want it.

C4C
Hammerhead
Anglerfish

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
vicarious46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #47
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

i have a 1936 parker 20 gauge side-by-side and 12, 20, and 28 gauge ruger red labels all with 28" barrels
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
IronMaiden76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #48
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t

-

That's probably about it. I'm actually looking into buying a 9mm handgun next year, as I will be eighteen (the minimum age for a PAL in Canada) and able to buy a handgun if I register with a local Rod and Gun Club, along with the police. I figured I'd get a 9mm just because the cops told my father (a Federal Prosector) that they'd give him some of their surplus 9mm ammo if he wanted for his handgun, so I figure I might as well do the same. Any suggestions on a decent 9mm? The barrel has to be at least 4.1" to be in line with Canadian regulations.

I recommend the CZ P-01, which is my personal pistol choice. Look into the requirements it had to meet to become the pistol for the Czech National Police. Higher than any other servic pistol in the world. Much higher requirements than what the US Army had do it's M9
Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #49
Controlpanel
qɐuuǝp

Nice, weapons thread...thought I was just about the only one interested in that sort of thing...

Anyway-I have guns dating from 1929-2008.

Everything, Long rifles, Sidearms, Shotguns (personal Fav) and blackpowder.

Plus an assortment of fighting knives and throwing weapons, as well as a full sized crossbow.

Very proud to be able to competently handle any threat from 1-800 yards away.

(For those of you who like having fun, take your 12 Ga. and go shoot a #10 can of tomato paste/sauce. Its FUNNN (dont where white)
Controlpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #50
championguitar
Federal Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bartender
I'm a pacifist and I disapprove of this thread.

no one cares about your thoughts here

anyway im 16 so i don't own a gun and my parents are really anti-gun so i havn't shot any but i've been interested in them for several years and im taking a shooting class this summer. i hope that once i move out on my own i can get a handgun and maybe a shotgun

Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
championguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #51
epiless
Why you mad bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
My father has a whole cabinet of various rifles and shotguns, some of them pretty old too (.22 probably from late 40's or 50's, and a double barrel shotgun that's probably even older.)

I usually go hunting with the Remington 870 on Labour Day Weekend with him and my brother for ducks and geese, and sometimes during the winter for partridge. Other than that, I just shoot random things with one of the .22s we have when I bored at the cabin, and sometimes proper target shooting with a Remington 700 .30-06. Haven't been hunting for real big game like caribou in a while, and probably won't be able to for another few years since there's hardly any snow and I'm moving to a city in July. I'd really like to go out again sometime though.

I've also been making it a habit to go to the United States at least once a year since 2008 to shoot off some pistols and automatics (damn Canada gun restrictions ). So far I've been to one outdoor range and two indoor (one of which being the famous Gun Store in Las Vegas). I've shot the following:
- M16
- AK-47
- Browning M1919A4
- Uzi
- Sterling
- MP5
- MP40
- Krinkov
- M249 SAW
- M9 Pistol
- M1911 Pistol
- USP Compact .45

Checkout the Taurus PT 92. It is a clone of a 92fs or M9. Shoots a 9mm and is made in the same factory that the 92fs' were made in and with the same specs. Only difference is the safety is on the grip not on the slide. I actually plan on getting one.

I own a really nice 870 that is over 30 years old that my dad gave me 5 years ago. I hunt for waterfowl and pheasents.

I used to own a remington 742 semi auto in .308 but sold it since I dont use it anymore.

I have shot a 30-30 leveraction from the 70's, a knock off ak47 (hated that thing), several pistols (including a .44 mag) a shitload of .22's and a 7mm rifle.

Do you BF3?

Do you Minecraft?

Last edited by epiless : 02-28-2011 at 11:12 PM.
epiless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #52
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiless
Checkout the Taurus PT 92. It is a clone of a 92fs or M9. Shoots a 9mm and is made in the same factory that the 92fs' were made in and with the same specs. Only difference is the safety is on the grip not on the slide. I actually plan on getting one.

I own a really nice 870 that is over 30 years old that my dad gave me 5 years ago. I hunt for waterfowl and pheasents.

I used to own a remington 742 semi auto in .308 but sold it since I dont use it anymore.

I have shot a 30-30 leveraction from the 70's, a knock off ak47 (hated that thing), several pistols (including a .44 mag) a shitload of .22's and a 7mm rifle.

I think you may be a bit confused. The M9 has a decocker, not a safety.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #53
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought

EDIT: Damnit, we corrected him at the same time.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #54
epiless
Why you mad bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought

Are there any differences between the 92fs and M9? I have handled the 92fs not the m9

Do you BF3?

Do you Minecraft?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #55
ghostnineone
UG's Favorite Vegetable

ive shot a few guns, mostly hunting rifles, a .308 savage sniper rifle, .22 pistols and rifles, .12 and .20 gauge shotguns. .38 and 357 revolvers, an m4 and ar15, and SKS

im currently trying to work on getting a shotgun for my birthday, i would love a remington 870 tactical but they arent made in lefty and its a bit long for me, i looked at a mossberg 930 the other day that was awesome and it has an ambi safety which is really nice. i have a few more years until i can get my pistol permit but im already planning ahead for that
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #56
JustRooster
Organ Donor

I'd like to get my hands on a cheap SKS once I get out of my apartment. I hate driving 30 minutes to a range.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #57
ghostnineone
UG's Favorite Vegetable

Quote:
Are there any differences between the 92fs and M9? I have handled the 92fs not the m9

i think a few parts of it are polymer and i think the sights are different, i think the m9 has a checkered backstrap too. i cant really remember as ive only handled the m9 and dont remember it that well even though it was only last year
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #58
epiless
Why you mad bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnineone
i think a few parts of it are polymer and i think the sights are different, i think the m9 has a checkered backstrap too. i cant really remember as ive only handled the m9 and dont remember it that well even though it was only last year

Im looking at a picture of the M9 and it looks damn near identical.

Do you BF3?

Do you Minecraft?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #59
ghostnineone
UG's Favorite Vegetable

Quote:
Im looking at a picture of the M9 and it looks damn near identical.

the m9 is just a milspec 92fs, i know there are differences but i dont know if they have a dramatic effect on the gun at all though
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #60
epiless
Why you mad bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnineone
the m9 is just a milspec 92fs, i know there are differences but i dont know if they have a dramatic effect on the gun at all though

I guess they are supposed to replace the m9 this or next year

Do you BF3?

Do you Minecraft?

Rate This Thread: