User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #41
trueamerican
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd93
Do you have enough drinks to share with the rest of the class?

awwwwww yeeah finished a hndale tonite and sme mOAR OOPSSSSSS CPAS LCK and brnady and vodka n shirt
trueamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #42
Final
i'manevenworsemess.

I refuse to believe that anybody really types like that when they're drunk.

On a topic discussed before, I used to write entirely in notebooks, but switched to notepads on my computer for the majority of what I wrote, I still scribble down a line here or there on a piece of paper though.
Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #43
trueamerican
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final
I refuse to believe that anybody really types like that when they're drunk.

On a topic discussed before, I used to write entirely in notebooks, but switched to notepads on my computer for the majority of what I wrote, I still scribble down a line here or there on a piece of paper though.

Thnaks for thnking im fakin...
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 AM   #44
blake1221
‭‭

I always write on the computer, but jot notes and lines on whatever's near me (paper-wise).

My handwriting goes to complete shit when I try to write out a full piece on paper.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 AM   #45
trueamerican
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I always write on the computer, but jot notes and lines on whatever's near me (paper-wise).

My handwriting goes to complete shit when I try to write out a full piece on paper.

When I was drunk I had some awesome lines and a melody in my head (or at least I thought they were awesome at the time -____-) but I just thought, "I'll remember them!" But I didn't
Old 03-26-2011, 05:06 AM   #46
blake1221
‭‭

Listen boy.

You will NEVER remember the line or the melody. Always make a note on your phone or something.
For a melody, either hum it non stop, or make a voice memo on your phone.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #47
trueamerican
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221

Listen boy.

You will NEVER remember the line or the melody. Always make a note on your phone or something.
For a melody, either hum it non stop, or make a voice memo on your phone.

Believe me; I know. But drunk me is unaware of any of most of my limitations. And I'm especially bad at remembering melodies, so I've been putting photo booth on my MacBook Pro to good use. It's not great quality, but it doesn't need to be. I write the lyrics, and record the song immediately thereafter.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #48
clichealias

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueamerican
You wree uis n rhban? for what?

I've been to five rehabs actually. And mostly for opiates and benzos. But I also love alcohol and amphetamines. I guess I'm what you'd call a "garbage head".
clichealias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #49
clichealias

So last night this guy confronted me for trying to sleep with his girlfriend. I wanted to tell him that I'd slept with her before and that means from now on it doesn't matter if she's got a boyfriend or not. Because that's the way it works.

Instead I just told him I must have been wasted and forgot.
He wound up trying to give me this speech on how I needed to be making 40,000 dollars a year and own a house and car. And how he was 20 years old and already has these things.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #50
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clichealias
So last night this guy confronted me for trying to sleep with his girlfriend. I wanted to tell him that I'd slept with her before and that means from now on it doesn't matter if she's got a boyfriend or not. Because that's the way it works.

Instead I just told him I must have been wasted and forgot.
He wound up trying to give me this speech on how I needed to be making 40,000 dollars a year and own a house and car. And how he was 20 years old and already has these things.
So, do you think you need those things in order to be happy and be in a good relationship?

By the way, don't post the stuff I put a line through again, please. It is one of the reasons why the thread was closed in the past and why we created a new one.
AngryGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #51
clichealias

I'm confused. Why is there a line through the stuff that I posted? What is wrong with it? And why was it closed?

And do I think that you need those things? No, not at all. I don't believe in "good" or "bad". So the concept of being in a relationship that is rated on that scale is impossible for me to consider.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #52
halo43
Intoxicated At All Times

The scratched out bit is an extraneous life update, which is explicitly mentioned as a no-no in the OP.

Edit: Here

Quote:
-no whining

... Happy now?"

"Not quite. So what constitutes as spam? It's hard to tell what it really is sometimes."

"Well, anything that is unrelated to the topic at hand, anything that has been said before and received no response, anything that is inconsequential or could cause people to become annoyed. In other words, unless you have something to say that's a worthwhile conversation starter or encouraging, don't post it."

Last edited by halo43 : 03-26-2011 at 03:55 PM.
halo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #53
clichealias

Strange. Seems like a ridiculous amount of rules with little to no purpose. I've been a member on this forum for years and have never seen or heard anything like that.

What isn't spam in a thread that's dubbed, "community thread"? It's a bullshit thread. A thread where people come to bullshit. That's what it's always been. Is that a worthwhile conversation starter, or is this going to be crossed out because it's not encouraging enough?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #54
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

It's just that people were posting too much stuff about either their sex life or life as an alcoholic. I don't want to hear about these things any more. Not because it depresses me or because I think it's revolting, like I'm some sort of snob. It's just it gives me, personally, the wrong impression as to what and who these people really are. If I'm honest - and I know you and others probably don't give a shit - but I don't trust half of the stories that I read here.

I know the community thread is about building a community, but I just can't see how these posts can help anybody, even the person posting it themselves. If people post it enough, it makes me believe that they are actually as shallow as their tales proclaim.

I used to just ignore it, hoping that it would act as sort of strange therapy for someone--you know, getting shit off your chest. Or that it would, even just once, create a good conversation for everyone. But it's reached a stage where it seems more like spam, like people are using the community thread as a way in which to post random updates on their 'tragic life', instead of using facebook, twitter, or even the UG blogs.

This isn't a place where folks can spill their worst days constantly over and over again. I'm not saying you've done that at all, mate. You've only been back a few weeks. I just don't want it to start happening again, where people are posting endless sob-stories; maybe hoping for someone to answer and praise them or to give them advice, maybe to boost their post count, maybe because they're board and have nothing else to do.

Either way, I don't think it's good for the community.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #55
clichealias

Well, I suppose that's a pretty solid reason then.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #56
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

Are you being sarcastic?

I really like you, see, and love the way you write. I don't want this thread and our viewpoint on the forum to push people away from S&L. I want it to be an awesome place again. I really do.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #57
clichealias

No I'm not being sarcastic at all. I wouldn't be sarcastic toward you unless it was in response to something sarcastic or offensive you said.

And thank you. I love the way you write too. I understand where you are coming from. I just get drunk and say things that I shouldn't say sometimes.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #58
AngryGoldfish
do I "urk" you?

Thank you dearly!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #59
trueamerican
Banned

That was super cute. Now kiss him
Old 03-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #60