Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
guitarlove9

Acoustic guitar ideas...

Hi all. First post here and just a quick question I'm sure you guys and gals get often. I am looking for a intermediate type acoustic. I have a yamaha FG700gs and have been playing for about a year now. Looking to step up a level now and wondering everyone's thoughts. I was looking at the 100 and 200 series taylors. Really liked the 214ce but at 1000$ cad. it was just out of my price range. Looking at between 600-900ish. Solid top is a must, lam back and sides is okay too. Cutaways are welcome and so are electronics. So, what do ya think? Thanks. E
guitarlove9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
pia98jf

I highly recommend Guild acoustics.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
tuxs

Pity Guild doesn't make them anymore, fender does and they have never been the same since. The rest of the post is spam.

Guitarlover.... what about one of those beautiful Seagulls you Canadians make so well.

Or perhaps a Japanese made Takamine. Or here's a thought. You could shout me a first class ticket to Canada. I will pick up Patti, Step if he behaves and Cranky if hes in a good mood and we will see that you get real good one . Cheers
tuxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
stepchildusmc

umm...uhh... Tuxs.... one small flaw.... i can't go to Canada any longer. they don't want me(actually, they'd LOVE to see me one more time). I got a really stern warning a few years ago in Vancouver..which in vancouver is difficult unto itself. not long ago, there might have been an incident in Montreal... heard a rumor that a coupla marines stowed away in the trunk of a car to get back across the border.. but you never heard that from me( friggin' neck is still sore).
so, yes... i can behave... i just choose not to.
9, if i were you, i'd scour kijiji and find a used 214ce.or, better yet.... save a bit more and wait for the 2014 models to come out. Rumor has it that Taylor will be coming out with the larger bodied GS style in the ever popular 200 series guitars. that'll be the 216ce. that one would be a keeper.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

if you like taylors, the 100 series taylors sound good - i don't find them in any way inferior to the 200 series. you might also consider seagull guitars, which are nicely made, sound good and are made in canada.

btw, the fender-made guilds are about the nicest made guitars in their price range. i'd definitely check 'em out if possible. some good values, nice finishes, and the ones i've played sounded good, too.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: