Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Drums
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
likeacat

Annoying drum throne problem

It is a Pearl drum seat that is two part. The seat is attached to a 10 inch stem and that part goes inside of a base stem with legs.

The problem is I can't adjust the height because the wingnut doesn't seem to screw into anything that would actually hold it in place. There are no key holes in the metal. You can tighten it as much as you can and then just slight pressure on the seat will make it sink all the way back down.

I've looked and there is nothing in the seat stem part, it's just a hollow metal pole. In the base stem there is a plastic grommet of some sort fitted inside of the whole thing. I can't seem to move it around at all, but it does have a strange cut out in one place... the cut out kind of goes up and then to the right a ways. Like some sort of locking mechanism. Problem is there is nothing that I can see that would correspond with that.

The wingnut goes on the outside of the base stem and inside the screw hole it just looks like it hits against metal (not the plastic). Also the cutout on the plastic piece is no where near wide enough for the wingnut to ever fit through it.

Am I missing pieces here, or am I not doing something obvious? How can I fix this seat? Does anyone know Peal drum thrones? I can take some pics if that would help figure it out.
likeacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:43 AM   #2
CherylTate

if the primary locking mechanism is loose, and where the actual seat attaches to the post is also loose, the whole thing will slowly shimmy down without you doing anything. when it isnt locked properly, your body weight pushes it down. because the post is basically a screw, youre really sitting on an unlocked inclined plane. so before you play, make sure every screw and wingnut is tight, then you should stop having that problem.
Online journalism programs

Last edited by CherylTate : 12-21-2015 at 01:46 AM.
CherylTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #3
likeacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylTate
if the primary locking mechanism is loose, and where the actual seat attaches to the post is also loose, the whole thing will slowly shimmy down without you doing anything. when it isnt locked properly, your body weight pushes it down. because the post is basically a screw, youre really sitting on an unlocked inclined plane. so before you play, make sure every screw and wingnut is tight, then you should stop having that problem.
Online journalism programs

Yes, actually I found the issue. It was kind of obvious. There was a another gripping mechanism on the stem that had came loose and was pushed all the way up to the seat, not serving it's purpose of holding the stem.
likeacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
riandamimi

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. Iíd prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you donít mind. Naturally Iíll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing. Agen Poker
riandamimi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: