User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #61
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie37
My mom's been able to lucid dream on command since high school, and she said that she's literally felt herself get picked up off the bed and thrown back down into it and that she's woken up screaming "Jesus save me!".

But, she says in those dreams, pre-nightmare, that she knew that was a possibility in the dream, but she didn't do anything about it.

She says she doesn't recommend lucid dreaming.

I'm just scared because I sometimes feel like I can't control my imagination, and that that would carry over into my dreams...

I don't mean to be rude, but I say that is bullshit. Lucid dreaming isn't dangerous and it isn't scary. People hear stories like this and freak out, but I haven't experienced anything to indicate that there is any truth in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed Bratton
Hey guys, I read the other lucid dreaming thread the other night and was all excited to try. I just had my last uni exam today, long story short I am currently on my 44th hour of being awake. There have been several times when I have realized I am dreaming then get excited and wake up. The looking at your hands trick sounds good. I think I am rambling as I am pretty wired but the point of this was to ask the experts if there is any pros/cons of trying to lucid dream in my current state. I probably wont be going to bed for like four more hours either.

I don't think anything would be too different from when you are normally rested.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
chaos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #62
hootie37
get dat bootie37

Location: The little dot that does not show up on the map of Alabama
Yeah, chaos, but she has way more experience with it. Maybe it just comes with time, or something. I know it seems like I'm all "My mom's never wrongololol." But I'm just sayin'.

But also as well, me, my mom, and my stepsister have all experienced things like that, so I think it's kind of unrelated to lucidity...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #63
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulGuy514
Thanks man. Btw, I'm gonna start a dream journal tonight, going to try to lucid dream eventually, since I kind of have it naturally.

Some other quick questions:

Are there any senses you can't feel in a lucid dream? I would think smell, touch, and taste, but I'm not the knowledgeable one.

How detailed are the dreams? Like could I just imagine I'm riding a flying elephant through a rainbow colored landscape and see every detail like I would normally?

Will it work if I use a fan to sleep at night? I sleep horribly without the noise it produces.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that feeling I get is when I am about to fall into a lucid dream after I wake up once.

You can feel every sense, and they are often more intense than in real life. It is incredibly detailed. I have trouble seeing at distance in real life, and wear glasses for driving and whatnot, but in lucid dreams I can see at distance more sharply than with my glasses.
No reason why a fan would change anything.
I get that feeling a lot when I'm in a really relaxed state. It's often referred to simply as 'vibrations' and can come in varying intensities.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #64
Drekkenbrein

There is one way I can get Lucid Dreams pretty much every time,
which is waking up in the morning, doing my morning routine and then going back to bed.
I always have the coolest dreams then, and I don't suddenly wake up.
It's like whatever I'm thinking about turns into a dream. It's almost a smooth transition.

This is this WILD thing, eh?
I found out about it without using any guides haha.
It always happened when I felt sick in the morning and told my mum I needed some more sleep.

When I do "DILD", this excitement thing often happens, but with WILD it doesn't somehow.
strange stuff..
505088K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #65
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Yeah, chaos, but she has way more experience with it. Maybe it just comes with time, or something. I know it seems like I'm all "My mom's never wrongololol." But I'm just sayin'.

But also as well, me, my mom, and my stepsister have all experienced things like that, so I think it's kind of unrelated to lucidity...

Perhaps so. It's the first time I've ever heard of anything of the sort related to lucid dreaming
I don't see any reason why someone would not want to attempt lucidity, but it's all a matter of personal opinion.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #66
hootie37
get dat bootie37

Location: The little dot that does not show up on the map of Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos13
Perhaps so. It's the first time I've ever heard of anything of the sort related to lucid dreaming
I don't see any reason why someone would not want to attempt lucidity, but it's all a matter of personal opinion.

Yeah, dreaming is weird. I had a dream last night about playing Mafia.

And I didn't ****ing lose in my dreams...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #67
chaos13
Toothbrush

The first few days of that game it was all I dreamed about.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #68
mrretard
Banned

i'm pretty sure i sleep paralysis a lot. in my dreams i can't move and i want to wake up but i can't because i am asleep. i want to move and wake up but i can't. it sucks. my roommate says i am screaming help me and/or mumbling stuff. i hate it because it so unpleasant. i hate it so much
mrretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #69
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr******
i'm pretty sure i sleep paralysis a lot. in my dreams i can't move and i want to wake up but i can't because i am asleep. i want to move and wake up but i can't. it sucks. my roommate says i am screaming help me and/or mumbling stuff. i hate it because it so unpleasant. i hate it so much

You should be able to learn to control your dreams so you can move in them. SP generally doesn't affect your dreams as well, so it should be something you can fix with practice.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #70
mrretard
Banned

I hope so. I have lucid dreamed in the same dream as sp. this was in one dream. i was SPing and wanted to wake up and move but i couldn’t. Then i realized i was dreaming and it stopped for a bit. Then it came back. All in one dream.

But anyway i will use the tips on the first page and maybe the SP will stop.
mrretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #71
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection

I'm gonna go back and reread the first couple posts. I wanna learn to lucid dream baaaad. I'll be updating with my attempts as they go

I've already tried WILDing with little success (read: none). Granted, I just did it without any previous preparation.

QUICKEDIT: I do, however, remember many times where I did actually figure out I was dreaming. But as soon as that happened I woke up. I read that's normal, but is that considered being lucid? Semi-lucid? Not lucid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckfush
^ Your avatar has never been so uncomfortably suitable for your post content.

Last edited by DiminishedFifth : 04-20-2011 at 11:47 PM.
DiminishedFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #72
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiminishedFifth
I'm gonna go back and reread the first couple posts. I wanna learn to lucid dream baaaad. I'll be updating with my attempts as they go

I've already tried WILDing with little success (read: none). Granted, I just did it without any previous preparation.

QUICKEDIT: I do, however, remember many times where I did actually figure out I was dreaming. But as soon as that happened I woke up. I read that's normal, but is that considered being lucid? Semi-lucid? Not lucid?

That is indeed lucidity.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #73
guitarocker100
Not a Registered User

Is it considered being lucid when you are aware you are dreaming, but you can't control the dream at all? Like basically watching a movie. I have had this probably 3 times in my life. It wasn't all that amazing and clear, felt just like a regular dream, so I'm hoping thats not what a real lucid dream is like. I'm assuming it's not but I'm just making sure.

-If metal is heavy, how would one move it?
guitarocker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #74
chaos13
Toothbrush

That's a good question.
Technically it is a lucid dream, but that is not what a true lucid dream is like. Trust me, you'll know when you have one. It is amazing.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #75
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarocker100
Is it considered being lucid when you are aware you are dreaming, but you can't control the dream at all? Like basically watching a movie. I have had this probably 3 times in my life. It wasn't all that amazing and clear, felt just like a regular dream, so I'm hoping thats not what a real lucid dream is like. I'm assuming it's not but I'm just making sure.

This was actually what I was referring to, chaos13 But you've answered both, so I assume we're safe! Though for me it felt like a wave of relief/knowledge swept over me...

One more really quick question (for now): last night when I was trying to WILD, I noticed some different things before I fell asleep, at least two. (For further information, I was laying down in my bed, not moving, no lights or sounds, did the relaxation step and I was thinking in my head "1, I am dreaming. 2, I am dreaming, etc." like it said in the technique) The first thing was that I seemed to sink into the bed. I felt like I was almost... melting into it. I think it was just me getting uber relaxed, but y'all are the experienced ones about this stuff! The second was that I started getting really warm and began having a harder time moving, beginning at my feet and working up. Would these be the early stages of SP, or am I just over analyzing?

Of course, after I noticed these things I fell asleep pretty quickly, but I was trying to stay as conscious as possible while I fell asleep. I only bring this up because I noticed them for the first time last night... haha

Just a disclaimer... I will be asking a lot of questions... I get this way when I'm learning to do new things

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckfush
^ Your avatar has never been so uncomfortably suitable for your post content.

Last edited by DiminishedFifth : 04-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.
DiminishedFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #76
ChristGrind
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiminishedFifth
This was actually what I was referring to, chaos13 But you've answered both, so I assume we're safe! Though for me it felt like a wave of relief/knowledge swept over me...

One more really quick question (for now): last night when I was trying to WILD, I noticed some different things before I fell asleep, at least two. (For further information, I was laying down in my bed, not moving, no lights or sounds, did the relaxation step and I was thinking in my head "1, I am dreaming. 2, I am dreaming, etc." like it said in the technique) The first thing was that I seemed to sink into the bed. I felt like I was almost... melting into it. I think it was just me getting uber relaxed, but y'all are the experienced ones about this stuff! The second was that I started getting really warm and began having a harder time moving, beginning at my feet and working up. Would these be the early stages of SP, or am I just over analyzing?

Of course, after I noticed these things I fell asleep pretty quickly, but I was trying to stay as conscious as possible while I fell asleep. I only bring this up because I noticed them for the first time last night... haha

Just a disclaimer... I will be asking a lot of questions... I get this way when I'm learning to do new things

For the first part, it sounds like you were doing it right then The sinking into the bed feeling tells you that you're doing it right, and just keep going. The second part sounds like you were slowly entering the paralysis stage. It is a slow process, it's not like one second you're moving, then the next second you can't feel any part of your body

To me, it sounds like you were doing it perfectly fine, then fell asleep before going any further. That's the hard part.. Sometimes you're too tired and overly relaxed, other times you're just wide awake.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
ChristGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #77
ChristGrind
:)

Sorry for the double post, but this may seem a bit interesting. I have had a sleeping problem for a while now. If i'm stressed out, i wake up around 7-8 times throughout the night. Yesterday, a doctor gave me some pills that will help me fall asleep easier, and fall into a deeper sleep. I took my first one last night, then thought *will this have an effect on my dreams.. or my ability to lucid dream?*. The funny thing is, i don't remember falling asleep, but i remember my whole dream. As soon as i woke up, i wrote it in my dream journal. I'm so happy

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
ChristGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:28 AM   #78
joshjhasarrived
Motor City's Next Madman

Location: On an utterly insignificant blue-green planet orbiting a small unregarded yellow sun far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy at a distance of roughly 98 million miles.
Inception.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #79
Baby Joel
Sorry for ruining UG :(

Woah.
So last night, I kind of gave it a serious go. The results weren't anything serious, I wasn't actually lucid or anything but:
I've never been able to remember my dreams. I can remember maybe a total of three in the past 17 years. :/
But last night, I tried waking up, falling asleep, waking up, falling asleep, etc etc.
So I fell asleep at 1, woke up at 6, had the absolute most vivid dream ever. Then I walked around a bit, fell asleep at 7, woke up at 9, had another vivid, dream, then fell asleep shortly thereafter, and I woke up at 10:30. Had another dream, though not quite so vivid.

Feels good man.
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #80
WhiskeyFace
:^)

Quote:

It's called a nightmare ...

Lucid dreaming prevents them
WhiskeyFace is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: