Password
Search:

Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #81
ChristGrind
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
Woah.
So last night, I kind of gave it a serious go. The results weren't anything serious, I wasn't actually lucid or anything but:
I've never been able to remember my dreams. I can remember maybe a total of three in the past 17 years. :/
But last night, I tried waking up, falling asleep, waking up, falling asleep, etc etc.
So I fell asleep at 1, woke up at 6, had the absolute most vivid dream ever. Then I walked around a bit, fell asleep at 7, woke up at 9, had another vivid, dream, then fell asleep shortly thereafter, and I woke up at 10:30. Had another dream, though not quite so vivid.

Feels good man.

That sounds awesome!
You know, the past two lucid dreams i've had, i woke up, and went back to sleep. If i wake up and fall asleep again, i remember my dreams so easily. Keep it up, and your dream recall will be very, very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
It's called a nightmare ...

Lucid dreaming prevents them

That's true. I was being chased by Ed Gein in one of my dreams, and i was so scared.. i could feel the pain of being stabbed, and i could feel the fear. I said "**** this, this is a dream", and somehow became lucid, and the dark side of the dream just disappeared. Everything was sunny, shiny and crystal clear.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..

Last edited by ChristGrind : 04-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.
ChristGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #82
WhiskeyFace
NSFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristGrind
I said "**** this, this is a dream",

Don't know why I found that so funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #83
chaos13
Toothbrush

I seem to have come across a miracle soundtrack for vivid dreams. I created a playlist with Tool as I fall asleep, and then a repeat of the lucid dreaming isochronic tone from the isotones link under references. I can remember 4 dreams from last night, all in great detail.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
chaos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #84
ozzyismetal
UG's thingamajig

Does anyone have any negative side-effects from Isochronic tones? I'm thinking of checking them out.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
also UG's musical theatre nerd
show
ozzyismetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #85
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyismetal
Does anyone have any negative side-effects from Isochronic tones? I'm thinking of checking them out.

I never have, and I haven't heard of anyone else that has either. Just remember that it doesn't have to be really loud. Keep the volume at a level where you can hear the pulsing, but not so loud that it gives you a headache.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #86
SlayingDragons
UG's.

Upon keeping a journal of my dreams, I had two last night that I remember. One happened in a town that I recognize from a dream years ago, and had completely forgotten about, and have never been to in real life. But I recognized the town clear as anything. 0.o

The other happened at my old house, which is where the false awakening in my first lucid dream happened. Huh.
SlayingDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #87
Vendetta V
The Creep

ahh almost got a lucid dream today... just couldnt get a reality check.. ... then fell asleep again and forgot i was even seeing a dream lol...

lately all this tension on my head makes me to dream less lucidly

I'm The Creep!

I'm a mixing engineer, hit me up

Please support my music and purchase my NEW ALBUM
My WEBSITE

My YOUTUBE REVIEWS

And Call Me V
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #88
ninnipinni93
hates weirdos

I had a really weird dream session last night. I knew that i was dreaming but i still couldn't control my dreams, it was really annoying, i was like watching myself in third person but i couldn't control what i did in the dream. Anybody know what's up with this?
ninnipinni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #89
chaos13
Toothbrush

@ninnipinni93
Sometimes you can have lucidity but not control over your dreams. Dream control is something that can be practiced, you just have to work at it every time you have a lucid dream. Try some mantras as you fall asleep like: I will control my dream. It may seem stupid, but they really work.

@Vendetta V
Stress and exhaustion make lucid dreaming tough sometime. Just do your best to get as much sleep as you can every night.

@SlayingDragons
I have a bunch of dream locations that I go back to a lot as well. It's really interesting. Sometimes it will be identical to the last time I was there, and other times it will be a slightly different scenario, with different buildings and whatnot.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #90
Baby Joel
silently leaving the room

Alright so, I'm going to try isochronic tones, and I'm going to plan on waking up several times as well. Wish me luck!
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #91
chaos13
Toothbrush

Tip: If you use earbuds to listen to your music while you sleep, it's a good way to remember as you wake up through the night. I'll wake up for a few seconds and realize there is something hanging from my head, and I'll be reminded of lucid dreaming.

Good luck
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #92
GuitarViking
Bånned

Finally, a thread for this!

I've been trying out a new method of achieving lucidity that I read about on some Lucid Dreaming forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
They key to lucid dreaming is setting your goal in the simplest way possible, like in another thread, just by telling yourself "I lucid dream". That is perfect. Now all you have to do is trust your mind to do the work for you. Don't try to have a lucid dream. Just sleep! It's the same part of the brain that can wake you up at an exact time without an alarm, you don't try to. You just expect it to and trust it to. If you are going to do this it is very important NOT TO TRY, EVEN A LITTLE. When I thought about it, I now know that about 90% of my lucid dreams happen because I did this unknowingly. After I kind of gave up on lucid dreaming long time ago they started flooding in for some reason. After I had a lot I trusted my mind to just have them like a regular thing. If you believe your a master lucid dreamer you are. If you don't, your not. Simple as that. You don't even need to do that reality check bullcrap. I never EVER reality check. I don't take supplements or listen/watch anything. I'm not a natural, I started like most people here struggling, barely even remembering any dreams. I started from scratch. You can all do the same exact thing.

Basically, according to this guy one can program one's brain like a computer, and simply telling yourself to lucid dream will eventually lead you to do so.
I find it interesting, does anyone have any experiences with this? Gonna try it for some weeks from now.

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!

Last edited by GuitarViking : 04-21-2011 at 06:31 PM.
GuitarViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #93
ChristGrind
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos13
Tip: If you use earbuds to listen to your music while you sleep, it's a good way to remember as you wake up through the night. I'll wake up for a few seconds and realize there is something hanging from my head, and I'll be reminded of lucid dreaming.
That has worked for me before, but with a sleeping patch thing. I put it over my eyes, and when i was dreaming i realised it wasn't there anymore.... instant lucidity
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarViking

I've been trying out a new method of achieving lucidity that I read about on some Lucid Dreaming forum.

Basically, according to this guy one can program one's brain like a computer, and simply telling yourself to lucid dream will eventually lead you to do so.
I find it interesting, does anyone have any experiences with this? Gonna try it for some weeks from now.
He's right in a way, but also wrong. If you try too hard to lucid dream, it will never happen. If you don't try at all, it MIGHT happen, but nowhere near as much as it would with constant practice and dream recall improvement. Dream recall has helped me with lucid dreaming more than i can imagine. Sure, there have been times where i've pretty much stopped trying to lucid dream, and ended up having one.. but, i've had 99% of my lucid dreams when i'm writing in my dream journal, waking myself up, going to bed at a reasonable time, thinking about becoming lucid, reality checks..
I guess it's different for each person. Find out what works for you, and stick with it.

On another note, i've changed my dream journal style. Since i write in it when i just wake up, the writing is very messy, and all over the place. I can't help but laugh when i look at it, it looks like i was drunk when i wrote it. Starting from yesterday, i write my dream in the journal, but also type it into my Microsoft Word Dream Journal. It comes in very handy.. sometimes i misplace my journal, but i can always just open the word document

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..

Last edited by ChristGrind : 04-21-2011 at 06:42 PM.
ChristGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #94
chaos13
Toothbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarViking

It's basically an oversimplified version of MILD. It seems probable, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It runs similar to the ideas of a user named BillyBob on Dreamviews. In all his tutorials he makes everything extremely simple. I think I'm going to have to try this.
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #95
12345abcd3

I usually have pretty vivid dreams and my memory of them is great, I can remember really tons of stuff from the dream I had last night, for example, a whole really weird plot with people I know and problems and resolutions and weird stuff.

I also usually get to the point where I kind of realise that it's a dream. For example, there will be a problem but I won't stress about it because I realise it's not real. However, I've never managed to control my dreams even when I realise to an extent that it is a dream, the dream just continues as usual.

So what I'm really asking is how do I go from being aware that I'm dreaming to being able to control my dreams?

This is fact not fiction, for the first time in years.
12345abcd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #96
guitarocker100
Not a Registered User

How often is it best to do reality checks? Some people say every time you walk through a door and some people say only before you go to bed and when you wake up. What do you think?

And also are you actually awake when you are paralyzed? Like say if a friend walked my room in reality would I see them and hear them along with the hallucinations?

-If metal is heavy, how would one move it?

Last edited by guitarocker100 : 04-21-2011 at 11:17 PM.
guitarocker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #97
Snowman388
Worldly Redneck

I've tried to do this in the past, but all the threads I made died. Hopefully this stays alive.

I will necrobump it to death

Great job on the OPs, Christgrind and Chaos13.
Snowman388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #98
SlayingDragons
UG's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarocker100
How often is it best to do reality checks? Some people say every time you walk through a door and some people say only before you go to bed and when you wake up. What do you think?

Hmm, that's actually a good question. I think I'm going to get into the habit of doing reality checks every time I walk through or past a door or tree.

I heard that seeing whether or not you can put your finger through your hand is a good test, so I think that's the one I'll do.
SlayingDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #99
unet
rah - sick

I tried it last night...no luck. *le sigh*

I got the isochronic tones on my ipod, thought about lucid dreaming all evening, convinced myself that it was going to happen. No dice.
I fell asleep, woke up,. Don't even remember my dream.

The last lucid dream i had that i remember, I was flying and i could control it. It was exhilarating.
I could maneuver like nothing i'd ever imagined. Such an incredible feeling!

Oh oh oh !
I just remember I dreamed that I looked in the mirror in my bathroom and got freaked out because my moustache was really really long!

I dont remember the rest of it...and i didnt have a paper nearby

Last edited by unet : 04-21-2011 at 11:26 PM.
unet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #100
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

I had a dream last night I was runing through a misty forest. Wasn't lucid, but it was awesome.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: