Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
jenguind

telecaster wide range pickup combination help

So I'm building a new telecaster and am going for a jazzy bluesy sound. To achieve this I'm making it a thinline (add some sustain and warmth) and adding a wide range humbucker in the neck position (to give a fatter tone without entering the Gibson territory). My problem is, what pickup should I put in the bridge position? I'm not too keen on having a HH telecaster and would prefer a single coil personally. Also this bridge pickup is not likely to be used exclusively, but more in combination with the wide range in the in the neck. So really, what bridge pickup do you think compliments a wide range pickup nicely?

Also, a little off topic, I also need a neck for this tele, can anyone reccomend a maker? I'm looking for once peice maple, soft V, much like the neck on my baja telecaster if possible.

A: 600
jenguind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Anchr
Took an arrow in the knee

Can't really help you on the pup part but have a look at Warmoth for a neck
Anchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: