Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #21
willT08
Banned

One of the best bass tones I've heard, man

Really liking your stuff, just downloading your album now.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #22
abaricad

there's a ton of russian circles in this. sounds amazing, definitely downloading.
abaricad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #23
Zordon

Props to your band. This is awesome.
Zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #24
eatfresh1736
Step-Child of Bodom

really awesome. Mokujin is really well put together.
C4C on my band please?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #25
xdikkx

Very much enjoying this. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #26
Dædalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGSband
wow, sounds awesome! will definitely download your EP.

Thank you for checking us out and for the support! We really appreciate it, and I personally checked out your bands entire EP. Very cool stuff, the best of luck to your band, maybe one day we can play together

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
One of the best bass tones I've heard, man

Really liking your stuff, just downloading your album now.

You have no idea how happy it makes me for someone to notice my tone! I put a lot of work into my tone in order to make the best of what I have, and I always appreciate it when someone notices the tone regardless if the comments are good or bad. I just hope people can notice the nuances. So thank you for that. I also have our friend Doug to thank for that, he did a great job with mixing and mastering. And thanks for giving us a listen and downloading the music, glad you are enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaricad
there's a ton of russian circles in this. sounds amazing, definitely downloading.

If we could be 1/2 of what Russian Circles is we would be happy, they are an absolutely amazing team of musicians. Thanks for the huge complement, and the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordon
Props to your band. This is awesome.

So happy you dig the tunes, thanks for checking us out

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfresh1736
really awesome. Mokujin is really well put together.
C4C on my band please?

Glad you are enthused by our music, and we appreciate the complement on the arrangement of Mokujin! And I have no idea what C4C means lol. Please elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdikkx
Very much enjoying this. Thanks for sharing!

No, thank YOU for giving it a listen and checking the music out! We are so thrilled by all the support we have been getting, and the amount of people who have been enjoying the music. Thanks again!
--------------------------------------

P.S. I apologize if anything is slightly off, I typed all the quotations out by hand.
Dædalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #27
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dædalus
And I have no idea what C4C means lol. Please elaborate.

C4C means "Critique For Critique". He basically wants you to return a comment on his music.

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #28
Ultima2876

Cool man, love it. I'll prepare the UK for you guys ;P
Ultima2876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
Dædalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hriday_hazarika
C4C means "Critique For Critique". He basically wants you to return a comment on his music.
Ahhhhh makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima2876
Cool man, love it. I'll prepare the UK for you guys ;P
Thanks for the support! Really happy to hear you like the tunes and that we're reaching people in the UK. And if you could spread the word about us over there that would be greatly appreciated

As for the C4C. eatfresh1736 I think you guys have some good ideas but the songs aren't very strong. Maybe some better quality recordings would help the sound. I really dig the intro to "What You've Sown".

I'd also like to take this time to let anyone who is interested know that we have been working on our next release. Recording, mixing, and mastering have all been completed. Right now its just a matter of deciding on titles and cover art. The next release will be another EP which will be uploaded to http://www.damascusnj.bandcamp.com on October 1st.

Until then here is a sample of what to expect
Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #30
Trabo
UG Fanatic

Ahh man beautiful stuff. Mokujin sounds like an inter-galactic space cruise. Truely trascendental. Hey if you get the chance would mind critiquing my band? www.myspace.com/endoftransmissionmusic

C4C status.
Trabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #31
Dædalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabo
Ahh man beautiful stuff. Mokujin sounds like an inter-galactic space cruise. Truely trascendental. Hey if you get the chance would mind critiquing my band? www.myspace.com/endoftransmissionmusic

Thank you so much! I love that Mokujin analogy lol. Glad you enjoy the music. And about the critique, I'm currently at work and can't visit myspace (damn firewall). I'll get back to you with it later.

I'd also like to announce the release of our newest EP! We released it yesterday on our bandcamp page http://damascusnj.bandcamp.com and as usual it is available for free download and stream (to get the free download enter 0.00 in the price box). Any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #32
LaidBack
Call me Mike

I've known these guys for years. Great bunch of fellows. Top notch musicians.

Hey Ed.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
FrauVfromPoB
A Reasonably Talented Guy

Sooo... The first song on your new EP really blueballed me for a bit. It took at least 20 seconds longer to kick in hard than the first song from the other one. I couldn't handle it. But when it came in, it came hard I can assure you I have downed your EP's load.

On a less fellatio-related note, I love how prominent the bass is in the mix, and how not-prominent the drums are. Most rock/metal albums have the drums way too far forward. But the drums take a backseat to the song as a whole, and I love that. Honestly, the first song on this EP is more memorable than the whole last album. And the whole last album was sick. So you're on the right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Lightfoot
I opened the door and went round and round and I banged my head and then my arm fell off.
FrauVfromPoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #34
Redstar5wp
i like cats

this is awesome! like getting a new Russian Circles album! I love it!
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Redstar5wp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #35
Boav

Cool stuff! Really great tone on what I listened to. Gave you a like on FB.

Would you mind repaying the favour and giving us a listen and a like on Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/HoiPolloi.Band

Cheers. We appreciate it
Boav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #36
Dædalus

Hey Trabo, so I finally listened to your tracks. You guys have a lot of cool riffs and ideas. I would say just work on refining your sound and style, and work more on song structure. I was really digging the little jam thing in the middle of "My Revelation" at about 2:44. Other than that you guys have a lot of potential, just keep at it and good luck to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBack
I've known these guys for years. Great bunch of fellows. Top notch musicians.

Hey Ed.
Hey Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrauVfromPoB
Sooo... The first song on your new EP really blueballed me for a bit. It took at least 20 seconds longer to kick in hard than the first song from the other one. I couldn't handle it. But when it came in, it came hard I can assure you I have downed your EP's load.

On a less fellatio-related note, I love how prominent the bass is in the mix, and how not-prominent the drums are. Most rock/metal albums have the drums way too far forward. But the drums take a backseat to the song as a whole, and I love that. Honestly, the first song on this EP is more memorable than the whole last album. And the whole last album was sick. So you're on the right track.
Haha again with some wonderful word painting. Thanks for taking the time to check it out, glad you've stuck around for the ride! We definitely put a lot more into the second EP, and I think we were much more focused as well. Stoked you dig it, thanks for the tremendous support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar5wp
this is awesome! like getting a new Russian Circles album! I love it!
Wow, thanks! One can only hope to be as cool as Russian Circles lol. Glad you liked it so much, thanks for giving us your time and attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boav
Cool stuff! Really great tone on what I listened to. Gave you a like on FB.

Would you mind repaying the favour and giving us a listen and a like on Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/HoiPolloi.Band

Cheers. We appreciate it
Sweet, thank you so much! The place we recorded was great and the guy who did the work for the EP is really good at what he does. And you guys have a cool sound, the best of luck to you fellas! Sliver and Anything(Again) are sweet. Just wish the recordings on facebook were better!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #37
Dædalus

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to bump the thread and also post some updates for anyone who is interested.

So right now the band is working on writing new songs. We have 4-6 ideas floating around being worked with, and are going to be working on writing more. We are planning on releasing our first full length sometime at the end of this year, or the beginning of next year so be on the lookout for that! Thanks again to everyone who has checked out our tunes, and thanks for the awesome support and kind words!

If you haven't checked out our music, well then what are you waiting for?!?! Haha, it's all available on our bandcamp page for free http://damascusnj.bandcamp.com

If you download our music we would appreciate it if you would head over to our facebook page and like us, because we like you

Many thanks,
Edwin
Old 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #38
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dædalus
We are planning on releasing our first full length sometime at the end of this year, or the beginning of next year so be on the lookout for that!

This is gonna be so awesome.

I'm totally gonna buy it when it comes out. Will there be a physical release too?

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #39
damage_inc07

Awesome tunes mann, liked.
damage_inc07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #40
Dædalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hriday_hazarika
This is gonna be so awesome.

I'm totally gonna buy it when it comes out. Will there be a physical release too?
That would be awesome, we will greatly appreciate it! As of right now we are not planning a physical release, but release time is far from now so that could change! We'd love to put out a physical CD, but money is always a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_inc07
Awesome tunes mann, liked.
Thanks for the support, and glad you enjoy the music!

Rate This Thread: