Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore & Punk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
george8392
d[o_O]b
 
george8392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in MI
Green Lower Definition

This band is really really great.

They have catchy riffs and lyrics and I really wanna see them live as well.

Everything from vocals to guitar is solid and well put together...anyone agree?
__________________
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.

Last edited by george8392 : 11-18-2009 at 10:10 AM.
george8392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
psyguitarist
Monkey Balls
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I'm going to have to disagree..Vocals at least on the myspace would completely turn me off... Not soo much because of the screams but the non screams sound lame.
psyguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
george8392
d[o_O]b
 
george8392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyguitarist
I'm going to have to disagree..Vocals at least on the myspace would completely turn me off... Not soo much because of the screams but the non screams sound lame.


I'll give ya that one, it's more of a preference thing lol.
__________________
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
george8392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
psyguitarist
Monkey Balls
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Yeah it truly is! I'm a fan of old school Black Flag amongst other non modern mainstream bands.
psyguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
andrew12398
nom nom nom
 
andrew12398's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DeKalb, IL
I like some of their songs. Others like the last song on their new album (I can't remember the name and I'm in school so iTunes is unavailable) are barely tolerable
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god



www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
andrew12398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
george8392
d[o_O]b
 
george8392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyguitarist
Yeah it truly is! I'm a fan of old school Black Flag amongst other non modern mainstream bands.


Lol, Black Flag is the shit. 'nuff said my manz.
__________________
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
george8392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
catalyst329
Registered User
 
catalyst329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
To Satellite is such a good song
catalyst329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #8
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Gonna have to bump this. This band is great. I remember seeing them for the first time back in 2007 opening for Atreyu and they were pretty good. Then they came out with this newer album and it really is a great album. They're still kinda a local gem here in San Diego.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
Axendancy
.
 
Axendancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Are people really complaining about the vocals? Dude can sing.
Axendancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #10
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
 
GodofCheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SPACE LOL
I actually love this band. I've been listening to The Greatest of All Lost Arts nonstop for like three months now and it isn't getting old. Pretty excited that they're writing a new one.

On a related note, are there any bands that sound similar to this one? Bands that are kind of on the line between post-hardcore and metalcore with somewhat intricate guitar parts? I've been looking for something similar for ages now and I keep getting Emarosa and Pierce the Veil recommended...
__________________
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
GodofCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
They're definitely a unique band. I don't really know of another band that's like them. Maybe Hopesfall?
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #12
ginger5138
Has no soul...
 
ginger5138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Is this the band with the black guitarist???That have that one song The Weatherman?
__________________
last.fm
ginger5138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger5138
Is this the band with the black guitarist???That have that one song The Weatherman?

yeah. My personal favorite is The Choreographer.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
 
GodofCheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SPACE LOL
That's actually my favorite too, closely followed by Miami Nights. In fact there's not a bad song on the album; the only three I skip occasionally are The Ocean the Beast, The Ventriloquist, and Versus Versace because they're kinda meh. And I don't like anything Johnny Craig's in but for some reason I really like his guest vocals in Pueblo Cicada.
__________________
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
GodofCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
tancanada
crapcore
 
tancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofCheesecake
I actually love this band. I've been listening to The Greatest of All Lost Arts nonstop for like three months now and it isn't getting old. Pretty excited that they're writing a new one.

On a related note, are there any bands that sound similar to this one? Bands that are kind of on the line between post-hardcore and metalcore with somewhat intricate guitar parts? I've been looking for something similar for ages now and I keep getting Emarosa and Pierce the Veil recommended...


Emarosa is good though!
__________________
love is love // return to dust
tancanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #16
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
 
GodofCheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SPACE LOL
=/
__________________
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
GodofCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
loxer
Registered User
 
loxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Can't wait for the new stuff.
__________________




██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

loxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #18
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
How long is this gonna take? I really can't wait to hear what they've done on the new album.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #19
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Bump.

My band will probably be recording our EP with the same guy who produced their last album.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
splamron
UG's Walter White
 
splamron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cloud Mountain, Sydney
Bump, the last post in this thread was last year! (hurr durr)

Really like this band, does anyone know of any similar bands?
__________________
Call me Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
splamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.