User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #21
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.

I play league all the time.

Add me if you'd like. Just make sure you tell me you're from UG. I use Vent, Skype, and Mumble for voice chat in games.

IGN: captivate
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
captivate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #22
Smeghead64
I wanna be a boat

I play on the eu servers quite a bit. Summoner name is Smeghead64.
The community is shit but its good fun with pre-made friendly people.
Smeghead64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
beefcake122
no fun.

I need to take a shower in a bit but I'm going to be on for the next five or six hours, if anyone wants to play. My summoner name is wizardturds.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
Eklips
UG's only Romanian

Been playing since beta. I main Alistar atm.
US Servers, add me: My Apocalypse
Got a channel on Team Speak 3 for playing.
Eklips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #25
Scopic
Code Red: Banana Bread

Kassadin ftw!

I have two accounts:

Embrocate

Ilikeitupdabutt (my friend is dumb)

NA server.

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."

Last edited by Scopic : 05-17-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Scopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #26
Ahteh
no

As an avid HoN player, it's a good game, but it suffers from the same horrid playerbase as other games of the same genre (LoL, Dota). Just play with friends though and it's fine.

Oh, and it's never been free, unless you count the beta (Which lasted for a good while).
Ahteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #27
mhylands
Lost In Silence

Only had to deal with one "brazillian" so far, haha. Most of the people I've met have been pretty cool. A lot of the people who aren't "cool" usually just don't even bother with chat anyways, so that's perfectly fine as well haha.

~Sacred Slumber
mhylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 AM   #28
rebekahgfx
the guitar nerd

Those of you playing, make sure to join the group. That way we all know who's who in one centralized location. =)

Also...you say Kassadin FTW...

Olaf > Kassadin.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

each pray'r accepted,
and each wish resigned.

Alexander Pope.
rebekahgfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 AM   #29
mhylands
Lost In Silence

KAT > THAN ALL!

jk :P

~Sacred Slumber
mhylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #30
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser

Hi I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer soon before I get home and waste my time:

This game is completly based around "Arena" style play? No pve right?

I know this game has a leveling system ... am I going to be stuck leveling for months before I can play end game pvp?

Gear - how is armor distributed..do I have to play every day and grind just to get an end game set?

I need something to hold me over till d3 so I'm hoping this does it for me
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
guitar nubsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #31
beefcake122
no fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar nubsauce
Hi I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer soon before I get home and waste my time:

This game is completly based around "Arena" style play? No pve right?

I know this game has a leveling system ... am I going to be stuck leveling for months before I can play end game pvp?

Gear - how is armor distributed..do I have to play every day and grind just to get an end game set?

I need something to hold me over till d3 so I'm hoping this does it for me

Levels/characters aren't permanent. At the start of each game (teams are 5v5 or 3v3) you pick from a bunch of premade champions and everyone starts at level 1; max level is 25, and none of the gear you bought or anything remains once the game is over. From my experience games last anywhere from twenty minutes to over an hour. There's kind of pve but it's pretty much pvp. Each team has a base (bottom left/top right) on a corner of the map, with three pathways (lanes) going between the bases; one stays on the left/top edge of the map (top), one stays on the bottom/right side of the map (bot), and the other goes diagonally through the middle (mid). You have two towers in each lane, one close to the middle of the lane and the other midway between the first tower and your base. The towers have a ton of hit points and do a lot of damage, so at lower levels it's best to stay away from them. The goal is to take out the towers (push) in at least one of the enemy team's lanes and then destroy their base, which has additional towers in it etc. Every 30? seconds or so (I'm not a nerd) your base will spawn creeps in each lane. The creeps are fairly weak mobs that push in whichever lane they spawn in. Killing enemy creeps is your main source of income.

/wall of text

Champions can be ranged or melee, and are all either tank, support, fighter, assassin, or mage. Each champion has four abilities, some passive and some active. The fourth ability is an ultimate, and is acquired at level 6. Every time you level up you gain one skill point to put into one of your skills. The item shop is in your base; at lower levels you buy cheaper items obviously, but as you gain more gold there are recipes that require certain items to build, and are much more powerful. I'm not a pro or anything but I think that's a decent summary of the game. Don't worry about sucking at first, it took me months to get good at DotA, although I just suck at games in general.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #32
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake122
Levels/characters aren't permanent. At the start of each game (teams are 5v5 or 3v3) you pick from a bunch of premade champions and everyone starts at level 1; max level is 25, and none of the gear you bought or anything remains once the game is over. From my experience games last anywhere from twenty minutes to over an hour. There's kind of pve but it's pretty much pvp. Each team has a base (bottom left/top right) on a corner of the map, with three pathways (lanes) going between the bases; one stays on the left/top edge of the map (top), one stays on the bottom/right side of the map (bot), and the other goes diagonally through the middle (mid). You have two towers in each lane, one close to the middle of the lane and the other midway between the first tower and your base. The towers have a ton of hit points and do a lot of damage, so at lower levels it's best to stay away from them. The goal is to take out the towers (push) in at least one of the enemy team's lanes and then destroy their base, which has additional towers in it etc. Every 30? seconds or so (I'm not a nerd) your base will spawn creeps in each lane. The creeps are fairly weak mobs that push in whichever lane they spawn in. Killing enemy creeps is your main source of income.

/wall of text

Champions can be ranged or melee, and are all either tank, support, fighter, assassin, or mage. Each champion has four abilities, some passive and some active. The fourth ability is an ultimate, and is acquired at level 6. Every time you level up you gain one skill point to put into one of your skills. The item shop is in your base; at lower levels you buy cheaper items obviously, but as you gain more gold there are recipes that require certain items to build, and are much more powerful. I'm not a pro or anything but I think that's a decent summary of the game. Don't worry about sucking at first, it took me months to get good at DotA, although I just suck at games in general.

Thanks man I'm guna start tonight

more questions though!

What do you do when you're not in a "fight" or "game"? Is there like a city or something for your summoner to walk around in or is it just a chat window till you start a game?

What is a "bruiser" and "carrier"?

I still don't quiet understand the leveling system - you're saying leveling is just purely game based? I ask because I see people saying "I was level 19 after 200 wins" or something of that nature.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #33
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

When I did play, I played a Sivir a lot.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #34
beefcake122
no fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar nubsauce
Thanks man I'm guna start tonight

more questions though!

What do you do when you're not in a "fight" or "game"? Is there like a city or something for your summoner to walk around in or is it just a chat window till you start a game?

What is a "bruiser" and "carrier"?

I still don't quiet understand the leveling system - you're saying leveling is just purely game based? I ask because I see people saying "I was level 19 after 200 wins" or something of that nature.

Oh yeah sorry, so used to dota...you have a summoner, which is really nothing more than an account inside your account, and your summoner has levels. There's something about runes that can buff your skills/attributes, and you gain runes as your summoner levels up, but I haven't really looked at any of that yet. The summoner level/runes are permanent, the level of the champion you play during a game is not. The entire game is spent in combat basically, so yeah. I love role playing and sadly there's none of that, but it's still really fun. Lots of teamwork and strategy, you can't win without them. When you're not in a game you're basically just at a menu where you can view your stats, visit the shop to permanently unlock champions/skins/etc.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #35
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake122
Oh yeah sorry, so used to dota...you have a summoner, which is really nothing more than an account inside your account, and your summoner has levels. There's something about runes that can buff your skills/attributes, and you gain runes as your summoner levels up, but I haven't really looked at any of that yet. The summoner level/runes are permanent, the level of the champion you play during a game is not. The entire game is spent in combat basically, so yeah. I love role playing and sadly there's none of that, but it's still really fun. Lots of teamwork and strategy, you can't win without them. When you're not in a game you're basically just at a menu where you can view your stats, visit the shop to permanently unlock champions/skins/etc.

Sounds like its the game for me. While I'm an RPG fan, one of the reasons I'm looking at this game is because I simply don't have the time for the RPG aspect. I had to quit WoW because to be succesful the game required a minimum # of play hours per week.

Can't wait to start tonight, I'ma join this group when I do.

1930 3v3 rating on WoW so I should pick this game up fairly quickly I hope!
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #36
Flagon
UG Bewbie

I'm down. Summoner name is Locomurillo.

I'm peruvian and I play garen, so be warned. *insert trollface here*
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: forgefather92
MAL
Flagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #37
Nielsyboy
UG Newbie

I don't know the game yet, but I'm interested in playing with y'all.
I'm going to dowload it and then I'll expect you peeps to show me around and be patient with me
Nielsyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #38
Daftendire
Resident Victim

Tried this game before and was highly disappointed.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #39
rebekahgfx
the guitar nerd

Alright Nielsyboy, just join the group and let us know.

For those of us on the team, remember to add UG to autojoin on your in-game IRC. If you need help with this let me know.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

each pray'r accepted,
and each wish resigned.

Alexander Pope.
rebekahgfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM   #40
rjdusa
UG's Interrobang Advocate

Going to give this a download. Looking at the images on the site reminds me of playing warcraft 3 for some reason.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: