Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
pennyroyalT

Pot ACID BATH. most underrated metal band

Have any of you heard of Acid Bath, they were from around New Orleans and never got big because there explict lyrics, after the release of there 2nd album the bassist was killed in a car accident and i know of only a handful of people who have heard of this band.
IMO there one of the most underrated bands of all time. They combine psychedelic, metal, grunge and use great time signatures that change offen during the songs. There first album is more hardcore dealing with issues such as heroin addiction and insanity. There second album may be my favorite album of all time.. Paegan Terrorism Tactics.
Listen to songs like Pagan love song, Graveflower, and Venus blue, there all amazing songs.
If u like smoking a fatty and listening to some seriously trippy music you should check them out.
Also there my favorite band to listen to while on Acid.
Check them out and give them the credit they never got.
pennyroyalT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
battery777

acid bath is awesome

"You could call Led Zeppelin emo" Well...I guess you could call Fall Out Boy a steaming pile of cat shit
battery777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
MetalMilitia212
Band

Yuck, I don't like them. Not that underground either, a good number of people know about them considering their genre.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
Nightstrider

They're a great band. Quite depressing though.

Agents of Oblivion (Dax Riggs band after Acid Bath), are quite good too.
Nightstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
pennyroyalT

I dont think there music is depressing. Its more geered towards an acid trip. Realizing "simple cruelties". If u have tripped before you realize death goes hand and hand with life and there music demonstrates that. Its really weird but i like that. Its different, and its not all screaming ****, Dax has a great voice and ive asked everyone i smoke with if they have heard of the band and no one has except me and my close friends. The lyrics are very graphic but also true, feeling lost and faithless, Diab Soule is one of my favorite songs by them,, "But the skyscrapers look like gravestones yeah from out here". I live in a suburb of boston and to think about how people treat each other and how people are killing each other over nothing makes these lyrics mean something to me. Its hard to explain why i love the band, but they are underrated and kick ass.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #6
Second Rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia212
Yuck, I don't like them. Not that underground either, a good number of people know about them considering their genre.

I agree with the bold section there. I don't know about Acid Bath's popularity in the U.S. as a whole. But i know down here in Mississippi and Louisiana.... everyone and their grandmother knows this band. They're pretty good, but their music tends to bog down a bit and can become tedious to listen to.
Second Rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:47 AM   #7
guitgrinder
Look! Over there!!!---->

I LOVE Acid Bath! My desription of them to someone who's never heard 'em has always been: If Alice In Chains was a death metal abnd and an Undead Jim Morrisson for a frontman, that's Acid Bath.

PTT is also one of my favorite records, especially that one song where he sings "Mother's cool reptilian womb... ain't so cold tonight. My fingers trace the exit wounds, by graveyard light. There's bonedust in my throat and everything is dead, but it's alright... take it easy... you bleed so... easy..."

Their music is sort of depressing though. I've also never tripped out heavy to 'em, just smoked a lot of pot, but they are an awesome band.

Also, for those who don't know, their guitarist Sammy Duet went on to form Goatwhore. So if you like them and have never heard AB you should check 'em out for sure.
guitgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #8
Cannibalkyle16

is the name reffering to acid as in lsd or acid as in...."AAHHH IT BURNS MY SKIN!"

Anyway...had an album of these guys but never really gave it a listen until this thread re-ignited my interest...im quite glad it did. Always thought of them as a secondrate nu-metal band until i realised there not nu-metal at all...i really shouldn't of assumed without giving a fair listen
Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #9
Slayer_Guy
Isn't a slayer fan...

I have their discography on my PC but I haven't actually given them a listen yet....
Old 12-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
Syd Barrett
Banned

Acid Bath win.
Syd Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #11
Hybrid_Xer0
Banned

Ahh, they were okay I remember.
They had this one incredibly awesome song that i couldn't stop listening to though, rest of songs were average
It was called "What colour is death" or something along the lines
Hybrid_Xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #12
kiennM
WYLD STALLYNS TOTALLYRULE

Great band, Dax is one hell of a singer. I recommend checking out his cover of "yesterday" on youtube. Some ****** is singing along in the video but you can still hear him pretty well.
kiennM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #13
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Graveflower is such a great song

love this band
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
Anomie

GREAT BAND!!! Scream of the Butterfly is an awesome song that makes you listen over and over while it never gets old. Great lyrics also.

They do have a hint of Alice In Chains meets Sabbath meets Floyd meets Tool (all my fav bands btw hmm), but def. worth giving a listen. Alot better than most the crap they call hard rock these days.

Fender Celtic Showmaster (Dimazrio PU)
Epiphone SG Goth
Fender MIM Strat (Noiseless PU)
Crate Powerblock
Epiphone Triggerman Cab
Digitech RP200, Death Metal, Dunlop Wah

"The lyrics to Gardenia..."
Anomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #15
pennyroyalT

The name comes from both LSD and the "acid bath killer" who killed people and disolved them in bath tubs of corrosive acid. I would say they were deffinatly more connected to LSD than towards death in general. Im glad some of you finnaly gave them a listen cause there music is really influential to me as a guitarist. I love alice in chains and i would say that the undead jim morrison comparison to Dax Riggs is dead on. They were a kick ass band and i read that "venus Blue" would have been a perfect single for the radio if you got past the dark lyrics. I would assume that people from mississippi and Lousiana would have heard of the band but im from Boston and there music never got that far so i think people from all over the country should hear some of there music.
Also i love what they did in the studio with the trippy effects and overdubs. For instance while on LSD i noticed repeated themes in PTT. for instance the begining of Diab soule' is part of a speech by Hitler. In the next song 13 fingers the lyrics are "I heard the ghost of hitler on the radio. Very cool **** imo.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:01 AM   #16
Pneumatic Asn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibalkyle16
is the name reffering to acid as in lsd or acid as in...."AAHHH IT BURNS MY SKIN!"

Anyway...had an album of these guys but never really gave it a listen until this thread re-ignited my interest...im quite glad it did. Always thought of them as a secondrate nu-metal band until i realised there not nu-metal at all...i really shouldn't of assumed without giving a fair listen

An acid bath = 2 drops of lsd on the tounge and 2 drops in each eye.

That is an acid bath

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot ACID BATH ROCKS
Pneumatic Asn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 AM   #17
kirkisking
I'm always drunk

I don't see how they are the most underrated metal band. They're probably the most well known sludge act. Graet band overall, When The Kite String Pops is definitely an essential listen.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Pagan Angel
Caffeine Junkie

Dax is probably my favourite singer of all time...

His other bands kick ass too, but I think Acid Bath is the greatest.
Pagan Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #19
powerhead
justadude

every once in a while an Acid Bath conversation surfaces, and every time I agree that these guys kicked ass. One of my favourites when it comes to the stoner/sludgey side of things
powerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
Cannibalkyle16

thanks alot guys for finaly clearing that up for me....
anyone here had an "Acid bath" before? (2 drops of lsd on the tounge and 2 drops in each eye according to Pneumatic Asn). all i know is ever since i've done acid my musical progress has sped up like i would of never belived....

Rate This Thread: