Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #16441
ctfod
Your move, creep

Just got back from seeing Jerry Sadowitz.

Fucking Christ it was incredible

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
ctfod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #16442
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys

any of you guys have any problems with CMDistro before? I haven't, but I ordered a shirt on November 22 IIRC and I still haven't gotten it yet. I can't really complain to them, since they dont give out a purchase number or even send an email saying thanks for buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
A creamy guinness from a proper shitty old man bar will save your life, but a bad one from a nightclub will destroy your arsehole.

lfm
Helloween4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #16443
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer

I did order a shirt and CDs from there a long time ago... Um, I did get everything, but it probably took a while, too. It might've been a couple of months even, but I honestly can't remember. I do remember that I had to register for the site, perhaps there's something in your profile about the order?
Originally Posted by jkielq91
'Thrax isnt my term, I have seen it written in all sorts of places.
'pologies.

Sanitarium91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #16444
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium91
I did order a shirt and CDs from there a long time ago... Um, I did get everything, but it probably took a while, too. It might've been a couple of months even, but I honestly can't remember. I do remember that I had to register for the site, perhaps there's something in your profile about the order?

Hmm. If it took a few months then that would make sense. There is a "Purchases" tab but when I bought my Immortal shirt from them a few years back I checked under the purchases tab and it wasn't there, minutes after I bought it.

though, it must just be super slow shipping.

Quote:
A creamy guinness from a proper shitty old man bar will save your life, but a bad one from a nightclub will destroy your arsehole.

lfm
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #16445
Reds3031
Cui dono?

is it just me or has this board died in terms of activity and # of posts?

i didn't come on for a good 2 or 3 years and now it seems like nobody wants to talk about black metal and there are far fewer threads being made. the album of the month series is gone, and metal radio is gone too. many of the old trolls, elitists and attention hos are gone as well.

maybe metal is for kids and everyone else is just growing up? do you see a lot of people 'grow out' of metal? i feel like my tastes have just changed... i used to be really into the classic bands and thrash, folk metal, traditional metal... now most of what i listen to is black metal or post metal. it seems less 'obvious' in a way to me. more artistic...

your opinions please
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #16446
Stranglehold

It's complete shit. Nobody talks about anything because there are very few actual metal fans who buy new stuff, or go to gigs. It's gone to the dogs completely.

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #16447
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Well Virtuoso made a metal radio last week and I'm thinking of putting one up here soon.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #16448
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer

I still get psyched on the same ol metal albums from time to time, but I listen to such a variety of music these days that metal is just a part of it. I rarely run into new metal that gets me really hyped, but I've got to admit that I'm not really looking for it anymore either. I don't want to say I've grown out of it; I prefer to think that I've just expanded into something rather than out of something, and it's just not the musical priority for me anymore. But you know, talking about the same albums and bands is only fun for so long.
Originally Posted by jkielq91
'Thrax isnt my term, I have seen it written in all sorts of places.
'pologies.

Sanitarium91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #16449
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

I think the problem is just a lack of stuff to talk about, and too many people buggering off.
Like I'm still getting metal albums, but a lot of it people don't care about, or it's not significant enough to warrant conversation. I still check here regularly, but there's nowt doing.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #16450
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihiSlateR
I think the problem is just a lack of stuff to talk about, and too many people buggering off.
Like I'm still getting metal albums, but a lot of it people don't care about, or it's not significant enough to warrant conversation. I still check here regularly, but there's nowt doing.

something along these lines for me as well. a lot of the ideas that people tried have run their course as well, - the various humour threads, captions, radio, and so on. Most of the regulars that used to give this forum most of its blood have gone onto different things too, I'm sure that didn't help.

I"d hardly say metal is "music for kids" though; at least for myself, I enjoy it probably more now than when I first started listening, just for different reasons.
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #16451
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...

Average internet metal fans can only last so long. Then you have people like me, Strangles, Emenius, Kepulix etc who actually have a distinct and developed passion for Metal art but also have real lives so we can't spend all day keeping this forum alive with actual conversation.

Around here the users with the more interesting things to say are the ones who post less. I kinda wish we had a smaller more concentrated area to chat amongst ourselves without the rest of UG, but ah well....

Really if you look at my post history I make a continuous effort to point out that a lot of these kids who rage for metal, and ONLY metal, will grow out if quickly and move onto something else. Listening to only metal is disgusting.

Some of my favorite conversations here can really be summed up with

Me: "**** this riff man!"
Kepulix: "Its ****ing doomed..."
Strangles: "it goes perfect with Guinness and steak and science"
Me: "It sounds like being hit by a club made out of hell. Made. Out. Of. Hell."
Kepulix: "Reminds me of ____"
Me/Strangles: "Ohmygodyes"

Anyways...
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural
It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #16452
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys

that sums up a lot of threads, actually.

Quote:

lfm
Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #16453
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Well on my end I think the problem is there just isn't much interesting to post about. Last significant thing I thought post-worthy was the early Jag Panzer rereleases and that thread got about three replies.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #16454
technicolour
Lupercal

Quote:
It's complete shit. Nobody talks about anything because there are very few actual metal fans who buy new stuff, or go to gigs. It's gone to the dogs completely.

Unfortunately I'm in a pretty terrible location for gigs. There is no local metal scene, although I play in the local hardcore one (which is mediocre at best). And any touring bands either play the other side of the border or 4 hours away in Toronto. Not that I haven;t gone the distance before for stuff I really bands I really wanted to see.

I do still buy a fair amount, which is mostly thanks to this site. I'm eternally in debt to the amount of bands I've discovered through the regs here, but at the same time I've been pretty parasitic because I have no bands to offer back in turn, well except to people who haven't heard of "obscure" metal bands.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #16455
Stranglehold

These things usually go in waves though, so it may not be all bad. I'll throw up a few new threads at the weekend and see what happens. Obviously I appreciate that people have more important things to do than being on the internet, but we had a great community here once. Still, the embers remain and it may be simply due a spark...

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #16456
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands

It would be nice to see the forum make a resurgence; what made me stop posting so much was whenever any interesting conversation poked it's head up it quickly descended into pseudo-intellectual dick-waving, but that seems to have calmed down a bit.

In other news, I BOUGHT A TICKET TO SEE SAINT VITUS FUCK YES.
eazy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #16457
Metal_Head1
MÖTÖR

I'm in a similar situation as Techni, except that I live (sort of) near Houston.
Still don't see a lot of good shows though.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #16458
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands

Do any of you guys have experience with promoting metal shows? I've been toying with the idea of trying to put on some doom stuff in Glasgow but I've got no idea how much the going rate to book someone like Pagan Altar or Solstice would be.
eazy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #16459
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

I don't sorry, but I know a few people who do. I would think for a band like Solstice, it wouldn't cost the earth, but they'd be very picky about who they play with. I might be wrong, but that's impression I get.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #16460
Stranglehold

Just don't book them on the same night Calum

You'd have a serious bitching match on your hands....

Quote:

Rate This Thread: