Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #16521
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Not a fan of either. Jeselnik's timing is great, and his style suits roasting so damn well though.

On the topic of comics, Jim Norton:

Girl: I have a good idea, next time Otto's on, you can give him a bell, so that whenever George cusses, then he can just, use the bell.

Jim: That's a good idea, another idea that would be nice, is if you turn on a lawnmower, and put your face in it while it's on

Jim Norton really gets through to people.
Your gratitude shown in my death

She's dead...wrapped in plastic
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #16522
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Yeah, I have really particular taste in standup. Haven't been watching anything memorable recently. Bill Burr's stuff is great, but he's kind of...calmer (?) now than he used to be.

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!

SLAYER! NOT PRAYER!
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #16523
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer

Well, I really don't have a particular taste I guess, since I for example really like Bill Hicks, and then someone like Dave Chappelle. Jim Jeffries has been one of my more recent faves though.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #16524
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal

As for the UK and its comics, I don't think I actually enjoy anyone doing stand up comedy over there. I know Nick might flip his shit because he's into Ross Noble for some strange reason.

I can appreciate that. I'm much the same with Americans. I guess a shared culture is pretty important when connecting with a comedian. Peter Kay is massive over here, apparently he's sold more DVD's than Avatar and Mamma Mia! combined. He also has a Guinness world record for most tickets sold for a tour, "his 'Tour That Doesn't Tour Tourů Now on Tour' show sold 1,140,798 tickets in 113 arena dates between February 2010 and November 2011, earning him a place in the new 2013 edition of the book."
But I imagine a fair bit of his material probably doesn't fully work on the south of the country, let alone other countries all together. Like a lot of the stuff he talks about is about life and growing up in Bolton basically. Which given my mam and dad are from there I can relate to quite well.

However I'm more than aware that for every great comedian, we have at least 10 disgraces to name comedian.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #16525
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands

I'm a big Josie Long fan but you don't tend to see her on the telly very much, especially since she's gone super political. Her last show was pretty much a touring advert for UK Uncut, not that I've got any problem with that.

eazy-c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #16526
Metal_Head1
MÍTÍR

Finally nearing release on this metal punk kinda stuff I recorded to use for a split EP with myself, here's the current mix:
https://soundcloud.com/venus-blue/s...orwulf2-13-2013

Last edited by Metal_Head1 : 02-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Metal_Head1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #16527
The Virtuoso
L'╔tranger

Any of you guys ever had O'Hara's stouts, Belhaven ales, or Fuller porters? The new topic is all things beer.

Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #16528
Stranglehold

Of course I've had it, it's brewed 90 minutes down the motorway from me! The O'Haras Leann Follßin stout is one of the best stouts I've ever tasted, and I've had plenty. Nice kick off it too at 6%. Ended up going on a beer 'tasting' day out before and got hooked on the stuff. Woke up on a bus home covered in drool, and subsequently went for more pints once I got home. The fear the next day in work was something incredible. I was convinced that I had roared abuse at people in the street, a scenario entirely fabricated by my liver.

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #16529
Steve08

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso
Any of you guys ever had O'Hara's stouts, Belhaven ales, or Fuller porters? The new topic is all things beer.

Damn, I've basically only drank American piss beer (that said, as far as booze goes I'm mostly a fan of wine, lol) but that looks pretty good... do European beers have more of a focus on individual quality rather than overwhelming quantity or something?

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #16530
Stranglehold

Nah, It's just that Europeans can actually hold their drink.

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #16531
rg_metal
The Clit Commander

what do you guys think about brewing your own beer? I know about these "moonshine" guys who do it illegally in the states... but I think they are doing it all wrong. I mean the lead content in the final product is enough to scare anyone away(well at least people who don't want lead poisoning).. if you were to make your own stuff... then there has to be some really strong steps to keep lead or other contaminants out.

Quote:
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
rg_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #16532
Metal_Head1
MÍTÍR

Brewing beer isn't illegal unless you exceed a certain amount, you can buy kits to do it.
My uncle has for years, and it still tastes just as much like piss
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #16533
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

I think brewing your beer would put me in a Drew Carey situation, where I'd end up flat broke and on the Price is Right 15 years later. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head1
Finally nearing release on this metal punk kinda stuff I recorded to use for a split EP with myself, here's the current mix:
https://soundcloud.com/venus-blue/sets/motorwulffeb12

The vocals are hilariously punk sounding, but they do calm down a bit. I would listen to this stuff high on cocaine barreling down the highway, so it's a definite like from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
Woke up on a bus home covered in drool

If that's the case, I've held my liquor in the cab, at my house, in my friend's basement, outside on a park bench near the post office, at a construction site, and on the sidewalk outside of the bar.

Actually, that last one was an old coworker. I couldn't make fun of him too much, because that was the night I passed out stone cold at a construction site. Great night, I think.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #16534
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Hey, I was wondering if you guys knew of a good site that sells more obscure Metal releases? When I say "obscure" I mean albums like 'A Velvet Creation', 'In The Nightside Eclipse', or stuff like that.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #16535
Stranglehold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_metal
what do you guys think about brewing your own beer? I know about these "moonshine" guys who do it illegally in the states... but I think they are doing it all wrong. I mean the lead content in the final product is enough to scare anyone away(well at least people who don't want lead poisoning).. if you were to make your own stuff... then there has to be some really strong steps to keep lead or other contaminants out.

Homebrewing takes a while to get right, plenty of Russians have gone blind from drinking methanol left over from the process...

Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #16536
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

My friend makes a damn good black ale and a solid English brown. You just need proper education, and really really clean equipment.

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!

SLAYER! NOT PRAYER!
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #16537
Metal_Head1
MÍTÍR

Quote:
The vocals are hilariously punk sounding, but they do calm down a bit. I would listen to this stuff high on cocaine barreling down the highway, so it's a definite like from me.

Always good to have a great tagline for the album!

EDIT:
Also, I just edited the post with the link, and those are probably the final versions.

Last edited by Metal_Head1 : 02-14-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Metal_Head1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #16538
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
Hey, I was wondering if you guys knew of a good site that sells more obscure Metal releases? When I say "obscure" I mean albums like 'A Velvet Creation', 'In The Nightside Eclipse', or stuff like that.

Hells Headbangers are always the first on my mind. I assume you live in the states, so try that one. Dark Descent and NWN! are both great sites to purchase from .

Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #16539
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Hells Headbangers are always the first on my mind. I assume you live in the states, so try that one. Dark Descent and NWN! are both great sites to purchase from .

Thanks, man! I'll be sure to check them out.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #16540
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso

Whilst I've never tried any of the ones you mention, I'm rather fond of ale.
Actually I did have a pint of Belhaven Best, my comment on Untappd was "Quite nice. Nothing outstanding, but nothing wrong either. Comes across like a posh Boddies" Boddies of course referring to Boddingtons for those not familiar.

However speaking of it, any of you with smart phones should get untappd and add me on it.
https://untappd.com/user/Annihislater

You basically rate, and comment on beer and you can add locations and pictures and stuff like that.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: