Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
uncle_sprinter

Making my SG more brutal?

Is it possible gentilmen? For one to take a brand new SG400 in warn brown into something that'll play some death metal? I was thinking about buying a wrap around tailpiece and machine heads in black (obviously that'll make it play it's self, the black and all). And I always liked the look of black hardware on a wood base. Then I could get a pretty pink Dimarzio X2N and add squiggles and pokadots with nail polish. No i'm kidding a black/black X2N would be just fine.

Then plugging up all the holes, neck p/u hole, neck volume, tones and the switch. Fill in most of the cavity also just to have some more wood in there. The fret access is awesome on these SG's and they play real good all set up proper. Feel's much different from what i'm use to but it was a gift from my brother so I wanna make it real cool.

Less is more :3 I could use some advice on how to do all this think y'all could spare me some of your knolwedge? Ide really appreciate it! Any suggestions would be great too. Where to actually get the parts and such. Budget's not too low sense christmas is coming up. But i'm not needing top quality just something nice.
Dimarzio Pickups
Marshall Valvestate

Feel me brah?
uncle_sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
wursty
Just some Windows IT Guy

I modded my SG Special a while ago and it sounds pretty beast, installed a killswitch, Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker set (SH-2 Jazz on neck and SH-4 on the bridge), Coil splitting tone knob and it sounds pretty beast, for the lower tunings I recommend getting the DR DDT drop tuning strings. I have my guitar in C or drop C most of the time and it can play Deththeme pretty good.

Heres the link to my guitar mod
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...8&postcount=603
Ibanez AEL20E
Epiphone G-310 Junior Mod
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe FR
B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock

Vinyl Collection
wursty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: