Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
silly6-string
keep rocking
 
silly6-string's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NY baby
What key is la grange?

I thing e but i could be wrong. Think i can use a minor pent scale to jam for it?
__________________
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA



My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
silly6-string is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
 
AlanHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canberra, Australia
Where do you feel it resolves to?
__________________
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
AlanHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
actaderock
UG's Paisa
 
actaderock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
it is in E minor
__________________

hooray for UG BLACK!!!! you are using it just like me


Check out my site!
actaderock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
 
AeolianWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
Where do you feel it resolves to?


this. i haven't heard the song in a while, but i'm pretty sure i remember it. and the version that's playing in my head isn't in E anything, i'll tell you that much.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister A.J.
Dude, AeolianWolf knows what he's talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elintasokas
Dude, AeolianWolf knows what he's talking about.
i smell a theme.
AeolianWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
 
AlanHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canberra, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeolianWolf
this. i haven't heard the song in a while, but i'm pretty sure i remember it. and the version that's playing in my head isn't in E anything, i'll tell you that much.


And there is a modulation in the guitar solo, also going off memory.
__________________
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
AlanHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
 
AeolianWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
And there is a modulation in the guitar solo, also going off memory.


is it to E?

EDIT: nvm. just checked a tab real quick. looks like it modulates to C minor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister A.J.
Dude, AeolianWolf knows what he's talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elintasokas
Dude, AeolianWolf knows what he's talking about.
i smell a theme.

Last edited by AeolianWolf : 06-08-2011 at 12:59 AM.
AeolianWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #7
steven seagull
not really a seagull
 
steven seagull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southport, UK
I'm also pretty sure it's not in E anything.
__________________
Actually called Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.


stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #8
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
 
AlanHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canberra, Australia
You know the most annoying thing about these threads is that the TS doesn't learn anything except what pattern to look up on the internet for the solo, and then they just come back next time they want to know the pattern.

I "could" tell TS what the key is, it would only take 10 or so secs to find out. But instead I think it's better for the TS to figure out themselves.
__________________
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
AlanHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 AM   #9
steven seagull
not really a seagull
 
steven seagull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southport, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
You know the most annoying thing about these threads is that the TS doesn't learn anything except what pattern to look up on the internet for the solo, and then they just come back next time they want to know the pattern.

I "could" tell TS what the key is, it would only take 10 or so secs to find out. But instead I think it's better for the TS to figure out themselves.

Exactly, I was just agreeing with the "not E anything" comment to hopefully nudge him in the right direction.
__________________
Actually called Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.


stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
Coagulation
***** im Bill Clinton
 
Coagulation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
You know the most annoying thing about these threads is that the TS doesn't learn anything except what pattern to look up on the internet for the solo, and then they just come back next time they want to know the pattern.

I "could" tell TS what the key is, it would only take 10 or so secs to find out. But instead I think it's better for the TS to figure out themselves.


I asked many questions like this when I was learning.
A little informational reinforcement of knowledge never hurt anyone.
Coagulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
GuitarMunky
I play guitar n stuff
 
GuitarMunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on your back
Quote:
Originally Posted by silly6-string
I thing e but i could be wrong. Think i can use a minor pent scale to jam for it?



yeah, minor pentatonic would be most appropriate. It starts off in A, but then changes key for the solo. (goes to C for the solo section)

Last edited by GuitarMunky : 06-08-2011 at 01:28 PM.
GuitarMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMunky
yeah, minor pentatonic would be most appropriate. It starts off in A, but then changes key for the solo. (might go up a whole step to B, but tbh I'm not sure)


I think it goes to C?
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
GuitarMunky
I play guitar n stuff
 
GuitarMunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on your back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
I think it goes to C?


It does.... just listened to it and edited post.
GuitarMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
wiggedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
It's in A, Then the first solo modulates to C minor Pentatonic, Second solo/outro is in A minor
wiggedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggedy
It's in A, Then the first solo modulates to C minor Pentatonic, Second solo/outro is in A minor

Don't do that.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.