Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
gre1g_a

Pot looking for someone to tab please

Hi , I'm looking for someone who is able to read music and tab it out. I want to play a song called 'Emotivo (Tango de SNB)' by 'Sergio Napolećo Belluco' also played on youtube by 'Raķssa Amaral'. The link to hear the song is
'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L78tbwNAUc'
and the original sheet music is here - 'http://www.myspace.com/sergionbelluco/photos/9665310#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A9665310%7D'

Any help or advice will be helpful, thanks in advance

Greig.

I uploaded the sheet music too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Emotivo.zip (87.6 KB, 42 views)
gre1g_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Autopoietic Boy

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/m...emotivo_tab.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emotivo (Tango de SNB)' by 'Sergio Napolećo Belluco'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tabbed by: Autopoietic Boy
Email: Jonah.Paszek@gmail.com

[The alignment is more than just a bit crummy for posting tabs on here, I can't get it to line up right, so I'm also submitting this on the site itself as well so you'll be able to read it properly, which would be better anyways because I can update it as I go along. If for some reason it doesn't get approved or if you want to start learning it before it does get approved, let me know and I could email you the tabs. I don't know your skill level, but if you're a beginner or not a beginner but not super advanced it'll take some time for you to learn the parts, and its better to work on segments until they're commited to mental and muscle memory before moving on anyways, so by the time you have this down I should have the next portion tabbed out for you. ]*

I provided the general chords above each chord change, but they're just that--general. Each time the notes in the melody change, essentially, the chord changes if you were to think of every note as part of a flowing chord change. For instance the first bar of four measures--thinking in terms of chord shapes or the flowing relationships between the more drawn out, longer "rhythm" or bottom notes to the more dynamic notes of the melody--could be thought of as this progression:

Em / / / Emadd9 / Em / / Amadd14 (Am7) / / / Am+M6 / Am / / D / / /D7 / D / / G / / / / / Gsus4 /

So if a rhythm guitar were to play duet over this piece, one could play a dynamic rhythm by playing those chords above, or one could, in a more traditional, simpler rhythm guitar accompinament, just play the general chords changing each measure pretty much instead of three times in a single measure.

I'll post this now, which takes you up to the key change from Em/G major to C#m/E Major in the middle of the third bar, and tab out the rest later.

Tuning: standard

Em Am7 D G

e|-3-----3--2-----0--------------------0-------------------------------------|
B|----0--0--------------8-----8--7------3-----3--1----3--0-----0--0--3-1-|
G|----0--0----------------5---5------------2--2--------------0--0----------|
D|-------------------------7---7------------0--0--------------0--0----------|
A|-----------------------0-----------0----------------------------------------|
E|-0-----------0--------------------------2-----------2-----3----------------|

B7 Em Am B

e|--------------0--2--3------3--2-3-4-5--5--5--5--5--7------------------------|
B|--0-----0--1------------0--0--------5--5--5--5--5--7-------------------------|
G|-----2---2--------------0--0--------5--5--5--5--5--8-------------------------|
D|-----1---1-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------9-------------------|
E|--2------------------0---------------5---------5-----7-------------2p0-3-2----|

Em Am B7 Em

e|--5p3---0-2p0-------------------------------0---------0---------------------|
B|------4----------0--3-1-0--------------0----0---------0---------------------|
G|---------------3-----------2---0-------------0---------0---------------------|
D|--------------------------------2--------1------------------------------------|
A|---------------------0----------1--------0---------2--------------------------|
E|--0--------0----------------------------------0---------0---------------------|

*Fair Warning: I haven't even listened to this song yet, and even though the timing is indicated in the sheet music and I think I'm playing it properly, I didn't PERFECTLY translate that into the tabs. Tabelature doesn't really have a system of time designation other than the crude attempt at spacing numbers a part at a relative distance to the note's duration. There's really no point in doing that though since you know the song and can pick up the timing by playing along with it. Tabs are like normative language, like I'm using now, and notation is like the metalanguages of formal logic or first order logic. There's a lot of math and memorization involved.

But I'd recommend, if you're interested in learning to read notation or if the ability to eventually sight read intrigues you, which I can't really do that well, but those that can do it perfectly...impressive, that you use the tabs to try and understand what is going on with the notation. I'm the type who likes to read books in reverse, watch movies out of sequence, learn calculus before learning algebra, and attempt books like Finnegan's Wake before Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man, and that's all like learning notation by association to tablature, which forces you to use your brain more in order to figure out rules and patterns that orthodox learning doesn't allow. You make more mistakes, it takes longer, and its counter-intuitive to anyone who just wants to learn something and get it over with. But if you're interested in discovering things on your own, which is more adventurous and requires a high degree of both curiosity and devotion instead of memorization and devotion, retrograde learning is an interesting process...for ANY domain.

Last edited by Autopoietic Boy : 06-15-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Autopoietic Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
Autopoietic Boy

I watched the youtube video and I've got it right, only I'm going to change the chord voicing for the second measure (Am+14) so that its lower on the neck, which makes sense. I just directly translated it to tabs so I wasn't thinking about convenience even though the perfect 5th isn't played, it's just easier and makes more sense. Also the structure is different because the notation was confusing. There wasn't a traditional repeat sign and I wasn't making sense of what the parenthetical sections with numbers were structurally indicating, but it makes sense now. I'll finish tabbing it out in the morning, I need to sleep. But I already submitted the tab under band/artist name - Unsigned, song title - Sergio Napolećo Belluco - Emotivo.

It's not an incredibly difficult song to play, but of course it's all relative to ability. If you're just beginning guitar this would be an intense undertaking and probably not something to start with until decent fingerpicking/hybrid picking methods and an organic, instinctive ability to transition complex, long stretched chord voicings is at least becoming natural to you. Otherwise, if you've got those fundamentals down, this would be a good song to challenge yourself with. And if you've been playing for years and years this shouldn't be difficult. It's a fun song to play--thanks for sharing it. I look forward to finishing the tabs tomorrow probably.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Autopoietic Boy

All finished, tabbed and submitted. I submitted it under "Misc Unsigned Bands: Sergio Napoleao Belluco - Emotivo" (for some reason I couldn't put artist). It should be up in a day or two.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Autopoietic Boy

Old 03-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
gre1g_a

Thank you for tabbing this out ,sounds good - great tab . i found another called "manhoso" on a website called "oldwhtman" there are a few more that i would like to learn but i think i'll be forced to learn how to transcribe.
gre1g_a is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: