Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Tarbosh
accly was dolan

Just a little atmospheric VGM piece [C4C]

I came up with this in maybe an hour. I felt like I got kind of lazy with it, actually, haha. Anyway, it's supposed to loop at 11. I'd say my main influence for this is Nobuo Uematsu's mysterious kind of pieces, but it really doesn't sound much like him. It's nothing major at all, and I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting it, but, whatever. here it is anyway.

Tell me what you think. C4C of course.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Deserted Ruin.gp5 (26.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: mid Deserted Ruin.mid (30.5 KB, 26 views)
Tarbosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
IheardUlikepie
hey

Just telling you:

This is wonderful
I can't crit it sorry. I don't know what to say lol, its sounds nice and it could be used in a game as soundtrack.. Oh yeah it reminds me of the days I used to play that game: Runescape.
IheardUlikepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
palomite

This is amazing
palomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

This is great, and very fitting for a movie or video game soundtrack.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
JCAshworth247

I like the key change into a darker, more mysterious theme at bar 27, but I didn't like bars 13-14 and 17-18 so much. They feel a little random to me but I can't come up with anything else to fill it, (the second chord of that 4 chord run sounds the most off) nothing big though. Actually it may not be the actual notes but the timbre of that part.

Anyway the intro is great, but in my opinion bars 23-24 sound not so good (especially the second bend)
Overall I like this feel and want to see it progress into a hectic, loud, thrilling adventure
(you already critiqued me)
JCAshworth247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Tarbosh
accly was dolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAshworth247
I like the key change into a darker, more mysterious theme at bar 27, but I didn't like bars 13-14 and 17-18 so much. They feel a little random to me but I can't come up with anything else to fill it, (the second chord of that 4 chord run sounds the most off) nothing big though. Actually it may not be the actual notes but the timbre of that part.

Anyway the intro is great, but in my opinion bars 23-24 sound not so good (especially the second bend)
Overall I like this feel and want to see it progress into a hectic, loud, thrilling adventure
(you already critiqued me)

I've actually edited this a bit since I posted it, changed a couple things around...I kept the thing at 17-18, the weird chords, I did that on purpose and actually really liked that effect. It's less for the sake of chords and more for the sake of the sound, if that makes any sense.

I don't plan to develop this any further and this was more of an experiment than anything. All I did in this new version was change a couple instruments and iron out the bass a bit.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Deserted Ruin.gp5 (27.3 KB, 15 views)
Tarbosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: