Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

For those of you who want your band reviewed, but are not br00tal metal!

I know, there are two other review threads here. However, the focus of both of those threads is metal bands. And while I will still review your band if you are metal and treat you with fairness, I will not prioritze you over other genres. I will review all rock/alternative/metal/hardcore/country & western bands. (I would review jazz, but I'm not an avid fan of that genre and could not give you a quality review.) So for those of you who are not t3h m3th4llz, yet would not like to wait behind bands that are for your band to be reviewed, please post your band/group here. I will base my reviews upon the following;

Creativity

Production

Sound Clarity

Talent of Group

I will not give you a high score if your guitarist is Steve Vai but the rest of your band is garbage. Well-rounded bands are generally more able to work together productively.

Thank you, and let me see your bands!!!
TMIMC_Staple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
dylan_r

Hey dude. I play in a rock band in Queensland, Australia called Why Wait. Not really sure what kind of bands I would compare our sound to...
Anyway, we just released a new song, Live While You Can. Would really appreciate if you could review the band for us. Here's a link to our BandPage on Facebook:

Why Wait

Thanks in advance, look forward to hearing your opinion.
dylan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Why Wait:

Location - Queensland, Australia

Style - Hard Rock

Song - "Live While you Can"

The Band "Why Wait" certainly has a good sound, if not an original one. The song opens up with a soft, melodic intro fueled by acoustic guitars, and a soft falsetto vocal delivery which is remeniscient of class acts such as Soundgarden and Alter Bridge. Indeed, the song has an overall tone and feel of a Soundgarden song, albeit without the croon of Chris Cornell. However, the vocalist does hold his own, and is in fact one of the high points in this track. His vocal delivery in this song is flawless, and the singer is obviously very talented. That is not to take away from the guitar work, which I wll discuss in the instrument paragraph below.
The instruments in this song are solid in terms of melody. However, the structure overall is a bit generic and can be repetitive at times, namely in the overdriven chorus. The drums serve the part well, although do nothing to stand out in their own right here. However, the drums do not detract and the instrumentalist is obviously capable. The bass is fairly inaudible, so I won't critique that.

Overall, the song is catchy, and very enjoyable. If you are a fan of Creed, Alter Bridge, Soundgarden, Velvet Revolver or Stone Temple Pilots, you will love this band.

8/10

Last edited by TMIMC_Staple : 06-28-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
Flyingninjabear

Hey, I'm from the band Days of Tomorrow, we're from the Sacramento, California area and I'd probably consider us like alternative rock.

We recorded this all at home so the production might not be the best.

http://www.reverbnation.com/daysoftomorrow

Last edited by Flyingninjabear : 06-28-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Flyingninjabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Days of Tomorrow:

Location - Sacramento, California

Style - Alternative/Indie

First off, let me say that this review may be biased because I love indie rock, and these young men play the style incredibly well. The instrumentalists are all very talented, and for that to be so clear through the questionable recording quality, is saying something. The band itself reminds me very heavily of Kings of Leon style music, with some Oasis-style melody. The singer is averagely talented, but uses his voice to it's full capacity (for example, the soft, whispered vocals in "Ode to Humanity" are chilling). The guitarists and drummer really are what set this band apart from the pack, in my opinion.
The guitars are fairly technical, but not to the point of it being robotic. The guitars seem to solo throughout the entire song, but they avoid being showy by being infectiously melodic. The drummer is immensly talented, putting thrash-style drum fills into light alternative rock, and, more impressively, doing it tastefully. The bassist, in short, makes me want to dance, so mission accomplished there.

The only thing this band is missing is a proper recording studio, and even that wouldn't stop me from buying this kind of music.

9.5/10
Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
Numerobofis

Bout time for a non metal review thread.

www.purevolume.com/holdthetitle

Thanks for checking it out.
Numerobofis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
LonelyHashBrown
Spanish Harlem Incident

this. is. great.

Dan Lynch
Indie-Folk-Rock
Syracuse, NY
Dan Lynch BANDCAMP
we just released this EP, thank you for running it through your ears. The band and I thank you.
LonelyHashBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
Jay3000

Jay3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
FourNightsGone

FourNightsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
Vhawas

Heya, i recorded it with my photocamera. But the sound isnt too bad.
So check out my band

http://www.myspace.com/legrement

Thanks in advance
Vhawas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyHashBrown
this. is. great.

Dan Lynch
Indie-Folk-Rock
Syracuse, NY
Dan Lynch BANDCAMP
we just released this EP, thank you for running it through your ears. The band and I thank you.

Dan Lynch

Style: Folk/Indie Rock

Let me say that this group/artist mixes indie and folk music very well. However, the songs themselves are relatively bland and don't show many hooks. The music itself is highly enjoyable, But is easily forgotten. The singer in Dan Lynch tries his hardest at harmony, and his raspy voice adds an interesting flavor to the music, keeping it from being entirely vanilla. Also, on a note, the interesting instrument choices are a high point (at some certain verses, I believe I can even hear a banjo). Overall, while the band itself is not exceptional, the music is also not bad, and should not be protrayed that way.

6.5/10

Last edited by TMIMC_Staple : 06-29-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerobofis
Bout time for a non metal review thread.

www.purevolume.com/holdthetitle

Thanks for checking it out.

Purevolume is not being nice to me. Any other site I can check it out at?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
thetoastinator
UG Addict

Ha, while we are a metal band, we arent "Br00tal" in the sense most people think. Thrashy, some hard rock influences in some songs, and definitely fast though. If you want, check us out.

Xstrophy
www.reverbnation.com/xstrophy

This is where you can listen to our "Raw and Real EP" which is just something we did in our basement while working on getting the full length recorded in Pittsburgh. Thanks!
Custom Strat Copy
Bugera 6260 Head
Peavey XXX Head
Krank Revolution Cab
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss NS-2

Like old school heavy metal? Check out Xstrophy!
thetoastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #14
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3000

Secondhand Habit

Style - Alternative Rock

This review is going to be fairly short. First of all, this band is VERY misleading. With song titles like "Badass", you would think that hard-driven, knuckledragging riffs would prevail here. But no, chilled-out rhythms, and very melodic vocals, Secondhand Habit is very remeniscient of Weezer. The band has some talent, with each member seeming equally talented. The band could improve by varying it's song structure a bit more, but overall, there are worse things you could listen to. If you enjoy mellow alt. rock, Secondhand Habit will definitely become an addiction of yours.

7.5/10
Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
PeachFUzzdrums

We are The FU'zz and we are from St Louis MO
You can listen to our entire album www.thefuzzstl.bandcamp.com
here's our facebook as well www.facebook.com/thefuzzstlband

Last edited by PeachFUzzdrums : 06-29-2011 at 06:33 PM.
PeachFUzzdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #16
cyco_bob56
UG's Spam and Eggs

Oh what the hell.

Here's mine. Just me and a guitar recorded through a cheap mike and straight to the computer. Very little mixing done.

http://soundcloud.com/adriancordero

"Feed your head, Feed Your Head, FEED YOUR HEAD!!"
cyco_bob56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
Numerobofis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIMC_Staple
Purevolume is not being nice to me. Any other site I can check it out at?

I've been having problems with it too. Try http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hold-...133496826726283
Numerobofis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
Team_Snorlax
UGs Official Snorlax

Bound In Blue

hey please check out my band Bound In Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Team_Snorlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #19
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourNightsGone

Four Nights Gone

Style - Hard Rock/Alternative Metal

The production on this album, sucks. Let's get that out of the way right up front. The instruments are so muddied together that I can hardly discern what's what at some points. However, the music itself is not bad at all. I will divide indiviudal paragraphs for instruments and the vocalist.

The instruments (from what I can tell) are fairly decent, and not overly complex. The guitarists have a very soulful, modern sound to them (a bit like Crossfade), and do the job of hard rock fairly well. However, the drummer tends to sound rushed and gets ahead of the band at points, although not to the point of being annoying at all. The overall music contained in this EP is creative enough for at least one or two spins in your stereo. Now, onto the vocalist...

This band NEEDS a new vocalist. I hate to sound so harsh, but the vocalist is just flat out NOT good at all. His pitch is at best, questionable, and at worst, he sounds like a man who just stubbed his toe. I wish there were something good to say about this vocalist, but there just... isn't.

Overall, the band is fairly bland, but good. Were it not for the singer, I would give them a higher rating. But.. Unfortunately, one can only wish.

5.5/10
Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #20
TMIMC_Staple
Registered Sex Offender

Legrement

Style - ???

I cannot review this band until the sound quality improves. I don't even know exactly if there is anything other than a drummer and what seems to be a very angry Luchadore. I will not score you, but words to the wise: Get a decent recording setup, otherwise nobody can tell what the hell you sound like. From what I CAN hear, it doesn't sound too bad.

???/10

Rate This Thread: