Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #1
touke

Bystander Of Being... technical death metal

This is much diferent from Under A Frail Aegis, but it still has that chunky sound here and there. Of course I wrote this before I wrote UAFA, so IDK. I was really listening to The Faceless and Suffocation back when I got the main idea of this. So, if you like those bands, why not take a listen?

Vocals are in the works by a guy on YouTube who is an amazing vocalist. You can hear his work on Imbecilic Carnage.

honest critique is awesome

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/...all/play1032854

Also it's C4C

Last edited by touke : 08-11-2011 at 04:12 AM.
touke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
johnjm22

I like it. It's sounds clean too. The drums are obviously mechanical sounding, but sometimes that can be a good thing in this genre.

From a production prospective, I think the guitars could be a bit a sharper sounding. Like they need some more treble, and perhaps a little more low-end on the kick. Other than that, good job! Should sound epic with some vocals.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1469545
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
touke

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I like it. It's sounds clean too. The drums are obviously mechanical sounding, but sometimes that can be a good thing in this genre.

From a production prospective, I think the guitars could be a bit a sharper sounding. Like they need some more treble, and perhaps a little more low-end on the kick. Other than that, good job! Should sound epic with some vocals.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1469545

thanks man. I'll give you a listen soon
touke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
The_Boogeyman

Alright, I'm going to criticize as I listen.
Bass intro is very nice. I hate reverb, but that's just a personal preference. haha. Guitars sound good, but maybe add some more treble to their EQ. Same problem with my sound, haha. I don't really notice anything I don't like except those higher notes need to be clearer. When the treble isn't there it really loses some of the punch. I know I'm not one to talk but, still. Alright, the leads about 1 minute in are very nice, but my point is still there. I like the transition with the track panned hard left, if that makes any sense. I'm loving your riffing. Really great sounding riffs. Ooo, very nice solo so far. I'm really liking it. That tone there is a bit better sounding for the high notes. Actually just about perfect. Very very nice. I like the chunky riff right after the solo as well.

That was a very enjoyable listen. And I like the silent pause at the end.

And thanks for the criticism earlier!
The_Boogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
LastBaron
Makin' it juicy since '09

Thanks for the critique!

crittin as i go
I find myslef headbanging, good sign. Nice groove to it, the double kick is a bit too much at times, maybe mix it down a bit? Liked that short lead in there, I like that youve slowed it down a bit before the solo, the solo was good i definitely liked it but i feel like it didnt quite hit me as it should have. The silence before the end riff is a nice touch, good work man!

0912 879 220
LastBaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: