Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Talk Box
la petite port

Guitar Fetish.com?

Would you consider Guitar Fetish a reputable company to order guitar parts from? I have never ordered from them before, but some of their descriptions seemed a little off to me (bad grammar etc.) I was looking into getting some parts for a strat build (pups, pickguard, tuners etc.) but started getting a bit suspicious after browsing the site a bit.
Talk Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
timbit2006
UG Monkey

Guitarfetish is good. The descriptions are terrible but the product is good.

Since you live in Vancouver, expect 1-2 weeks for shipping though. For some reason every time I've order from Guitarfetish, it took approximately week to arrive even using EMS Express.
I live in Kelowna by the way.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Talk Box
la petite port

That's good, thanks.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
StratPlayer15

I ordered tuners from the before. They held up fine, they werent brand name like Shaller, or Grover but they did what they were supposed to do. Ive heard mixed reviews on their pickups though. The professional series they have is little suspicious. $75 for a set of handwound strat pups, w/ formvar wire w/ vintage spec. super deal or super scam.. ?
StratPlayer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
zakkwyldefan79
Retired GB&C Mod

I really like the GFS pickups. I've tried a few of them: VEH (b), Crunchy Pat (b), Classic II (n), Fat PAT (b & n) and all of them were pretty good.
zakkwyldefan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
plexi123

I got their Jimi Hendrix set, 3 new pots, a new switch, and a new jack for my Squier Bullet. I'm about to order more from them. Great stuff, with the new electronics it sounds better than a MIM Fender Strat. I did have a problem with the pickup covers. They didn't fit the stock pickups or the replacements. And they didn't look like they were spaced right for any pickups. Also, the $25 Strat tremolo is basically the same thing as the stock one but with vintage style saddles so I sent it back. But I've heard good things about their more expensive (but still cheap) bridges.
plexi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
\m/slipknot\m/

i just ordered a bunch of stuff from them! tuners, bridges, and pups. all of it seems to be good quality for the price but i havnt wired the pups yet but if your interested ill definitely let you know how they sound once installed. i got to normal gold humbuckers and a lipstick humbucker (i dont care whether it sounds good or not this thing looks cool as hell imo)

Robbinscustomguitars.com

Robbins Custom Guitars FB Page
\m/slipknot\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
SGFish
Planned

They're a legit site, that's for sure. I've bought a lot of things from them. I've liked the normal humbucker and lipstick pickups I've got from them, but the Tru-Coil and Lil' Killer I don't care for. I liked the Lil' Killer when I was going for that sort of thing though, I'm just after a normal strat sound these days. Also, the bridge I got from them is solid and the pickguard is of standard quality. The neck is questionable, it will need some fretwork to be right.
Behringer Vintage Tube Overdrive, Heavy Distortion, and Vintage Tube Monster
Digitech RP500

Yeah, I have a colored sig.
SGFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
kiaba94

ive gotten pickups and tuners and stuff from them and its all good stuff. the tuners are great and i really like everything i ve gotten from them. i definately suggest getting stuff from them. its worth it.
kiaba94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #10
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

I have bought pickups, electronics, and hardware from them. You just have to use common sense. Their stuff isnt always really an upgrade, but their wilkinson stuff may be. I kept my strat bridge but got their brass block for it. Worked like a charm. But it need an american strat trem arm, so i got one with it, and it bent in a few uses. so i bought a legit fender one from guitar center and it works fine.

Their known for thei pickups, and they do have some great ones. I got the 60s repro single coils which are pretty much the jimi hendrix pickups without the wierd pole pieces, and a 59 paf. Awesome pickups and a versatile combination for blues and classic rock.

Last edited by W4RP1G : 08-13-2011 at 12:51 AM.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
samhell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Box
Would you consider Guitar Fetish a reputable company to order guitar parts from? I have never ordered from them before, but some of their descriptions seemed a little off to me (bad grammar etc.) I was looking into getting some parts for a strat build (pups, pickguard, tuners etc.) but started getting a bit suspicious after browsing the site a bit.

Yep. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and its always been good so far...
samhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
CJ Noble
WAHAHA~!

I've spent a good $300 on that site. They're good.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
mtshark
is the bees knees

They're a legitimate site. The descriptions are cheesy, but the product they sell is generally good. Their hardware and pickups aren't top of the line by any means, but for the price they're hard to beat. I've got a GFS Fat Pat and a '59 waiting to be put in a build of mine.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
cookdizzle
needs a band

I was thinking of buying hardware from them to make all the stuff on my SG black
cookdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #15
ProphecyMaster

Great pickups! Superb sounding stuff. I haven't played with/heard anything about their trems/parts/guitars.
ProphecyMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
SGRocker400
grenade inspector

about to order some stuff from them for my sg on a reccomendation from a great local repair tech. anyone have experience with their roller tune o matic?

SUNN O)))
White Paw Sound
SGRocker400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
Preacher403

If you mean one like this (http://www.guitarfetish.com/Roller-...Paul_p_661.html) then, yes. I've got one on a guitar and it's worked perfectly. No buzz or anything that I can tell. I'm planning on getting another one before too much longer.
Preacher403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #18
y2k11hmmm?
**** guitars are the ****

Guitar Fetish is awesome. Dream 180 (n) Mini Bucker (b) Pro Series Alnico II Bucker (n) Pro Series Alnico V (b) All great. Don't buy gold hardware though. The gold rubs right off.
edit: Rollers are good from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
y2k11hmmm? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #19
Preacher403

Actually, the gold tuners ("schaller" locking) and the gold roller bridge I bought from them are holding up great; after about a year it has no apparent wear at all. Way better than the stock gold roller bridge that came on my AF75TDG, which IS rubbing off a month or two after I bought it.

Of course, it is possible I just got lucky.
Preacher403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #20
eoinmorgan

I have never seen any comments on their hardened steel floyd...

IF ANYONE HAS USED A GFS FLOYD SPEAK UP, WE THE PEOPLE NEED A REVIEW!!!

Rate This Thread: