Password
Search:

Old 08-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #41
Jackal58
Pit Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
That's the idea.

Don't have children = don't live your own life?

Don't have children advocates annihilation of our species. What part of that do you fail fail to comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #42
JustRooster
Organ Donor

I heard Jackal was never a child. He was born 32.

Roostyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #43
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Don't have children advocates annihilation of our species. What part of that do you fail fail to comprehend.

Yeah, that's one intention with antinatalism. But it doesn't follow that you would want to kill those who are already alive. Only to prevent further life from beginning. IIRC in that video I posted the guy said why not let us be the last generation to die out.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #44
Jackal58
Pit Daddy

Quote:
Yeah, that's one intention with antinatalism. But it doesn't follow that you would want to kill those who are already alive. Only to prevent further life from beginning. IIRC in that video I posted the guy said why not let us be the last generation to die out.

I have no desire to kill anybody. I'm merely pointing out that if you adhere to this philosophy and you're still alive you're a hypocrite.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #45
fail

Quote:
I have no desire to kill anybody. I'm merely pointing out that if you adhere to this philosophy and you're still alive you're a hypocrite.

For the record I don't adhere to it. But I fail to see how it's hypocritical. It's not an advocation of suicide.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #46
Jackal58
Pit Daddy

Quote:
For the record I don't adhere to it. But I fail to see how it's hypocritical. It's not an advocation of suicide.

Yes it is.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #47
fail

Quote:
Yes it is.

Does not compute.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #48
palm mute
Reserved User

Assuming birth is automatically negative is stupid, not that we couldn't use a little restraint in adding another billion humans on this planet though. It'd be nice if we stopped breeding for awhile.
Quote:

I think technically it is calling for just not making any more humans, not ending those already here. It doesn't seem far off that though.

every night

Last edited by palm mute : 08-20-2011 at 12:06 AM.
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #49
stndrdprcdre
mysteriously un******

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23dannybhoy23
Bill Hicks basically believed this. Or claimed to.

No, Bill Hicks just hated everybody.
stndrdprcdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #50
TheWEBBY
UG's Kitty Killer

Lol @ humans always over-thinking.

The only thing every organism can do is make more of itself. It doesn't really matter that this exists though, we could use a hit on population growth. In the end we'll run out of resources or the sun will swallow us or Jesus will come from the sky killing on the non-believers. But hey! Hopefully I'll be dead and my future offspring will have to.... .

Thanks for making me feel like an asshole.

last.fm
TheWEBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #51
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Just because this guy is depressed because his life sucks doesn't everyone feels like that. I for one, actually like being alive. Guess I wouldn't make a philosopher. ****ing ******

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #52
Mazzakazza
UG Fanatic

I agree with not having children.

I don't trust what humanity has become, and what I think it will become in the future, therefore I wish to put a dead end to my reproduction - that doesn't mean that I'm a hypocrite for enjoying the life that was instilled in me by my parents who obviously didn't hold the same views when they had me.

There's no point in suicide, it isn't about quickly getting off the face of the planet, but I'm a fairly convinced advocate of the 'Let the Earth fall silent behind you' movement.

Do you like Electronic music?
Try some of mine
Mazzakazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #53
Ninja Vampirate
up the hoods

I agree to the extent that if no-one was born, there wouldn't be any stupid cunts left to think this sort of inane bullshit up.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #54
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin

Quote:
Yes it is.

I agree with Jackal. The only reason you'd have for advocating such a philosophy is if you believed that human life was a bad thing given that the purpose of not creating any more human life is to bring on human extinction. If you believe human life is a bad thing and you're still alive then you're a hypocrite.
spitonastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #55
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

I agree.

Quote:
If you adhere to this philosophy kill yourself. Or else live with the hypocrisy.

I agree. Unfortunately rationally believing you should die does not make it much easier to do so.

Quote:
Don't have children = don't live your own life?

Because the idea is sort of that non-existence is preferable to existence if we're talking about minimising suffering, so you should include yourself in that. You would be better off for not existing, so why not bring that on a little sooner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Just because this guy is depressed because his life sucks doesn't everyone feels like that. I for one, actually like being alive. Guess I wouldn't make a philosopher. ****ing ******

Regardless of how many pleasures you get in life though, there will always be struggles or displeasures. Pleasures don't cancel out displeasures, they just pile on top.
Life is sort of just a constant struggle to live, so why not not live and cut the struggle out? You won't notice not having been born as... well you'll never have existed.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #56
Mistress_Ibanez

I agree that having children is an entirely selfish act. I don't know if I agree with this though, as you have to let other people be stupid and selfish, it's up to them to choose how to live their life.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #57
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
I agree that having children is an entirely selfish act. I don't know if I agree with this though, as you have to let other people be stupid and selfish, it's up to them to choose how to live their life.

At this point in our evolution the decision is almost always motivated by selfish reasons but you're not implying it's inherently selfish are you?
spitonastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #58
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez

But if you're saying their free choice is what's important, you've already bypassed that actually creating them. They made no choice in that. Any other choices they make afterwards is just dealing with what you decided for them: ie existing.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #59
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

Quote:

Nope, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitonastranger
I agree with Jackal. The only reason you'd have for advocating such a philosophy is if you believed that human life was a bad thing given that the purpose of not creating any more human life is to bring on human extinction. If you believe human life is a bad thing and you're still alive then you're a hypocrite.

Human life is a terrible thing. In becoming evolutionarily (is that a word?) perfect, we've hit an evolutionary dead end and we're ultimately destined to destroy both our own species and most of the other life on the planet. It doesn't mean I want to kill myself, and it doesn't mean I want to go hitler on everbody's arses.

For the record, I don't agree with antinatalism. It's pretty clear to me that not wanting babies and wanting to kill yourself and every other person in the world are not the same thing. I dont understand how any rational person could possibly think so.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #60
dale-banez
281-330-8 zero zero fo'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
WTF?! Who actually thinks that?

Angsty teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear: