Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Duv
androgynous fishcake

Crispin's Nightmare (C4C)

Recorded a few tracks, and if I had more time there are three other tracks that should've been recorded.

Anyway have a listen and tell me what you think - link to the myspace in my sig and also on my profile.

Thanks
Nix

Duv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
aaron aardvark

Duv,
Thanks for the reviews! Now your music: "III": timing is slightly odd at times, but sounds pleasant overall, and generally relaxing. Nice audio quality. Sounds pretty unique. Interesting & good guitar tones! "II": Nice piano playing. Once again, timing is a bit unusual at times; and pretty unique song. Guitar tone is good. Cheers!
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

Right off the bat your level is too low. I had to really crank the volume compared to all my other music.

I liked III the best. IMO the piano part in II was a little too loud in the mix compared to the guitar except @ 25 sec when it first kicked in. Maybe it's just me but it was hard to follow the guitar melody with the piano.

Nice pleasing chill music. I liked it. See "My Original Recordings" below to C4C.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Duv
androgynous fishcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135
Right off the bat your level is too low. I had to really crank the volume compared to all my other music.

I liked III the best. IMO the piano part in II was a little too loud in the mix compared to the guitar except @ 25 sec when it first kicked in. Maybe it's just me but it was hard to follow the guitar melody with the piano.

Nice pleasing chill music. I liked it. See "My Original Recordings" below to C4C.

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen.

I think your bang on with your assessment. I was conscious about this when I listened to them properly on my iPod/car stereo. I rushed doing the mastering because I was going abroad for 4 months.

Having listened to them a few times in different settings I think you're exactly right. I'm thinking of re-recording the guitar part in II from when the main song kicks in. I think it needs a bit more balls.

And yeah, levels are kinda all over the place (especially on that track). I may add a simple acoustic part as well.

Again, thanks for the opinions (that confirm what I think and shows me where I need to go from here).

I shall listen to your stuff when I have the time mate

Duv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Indy_Fire

III reminds me of dusk ti dawn...and that is awesome. Didn't get any timing issues from it, sound tight enough to me.
II is a solid track, nice licks and the paying is smooth throughout. very nice track indeed.
I Kinda lost me as good as the later two tracks but it has a good melody just needed something to kick it all off.
Indy_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
HOBGUK
HOUSE OF BROKEN GLASS

I
Intro was cool and set the scene well, but it couldve benefitted from having a few more low notes to add some texture but I loved the notes and the delay at the begining

II
This flows well from the first track and I like the tone you've used as well. The other all note progressions are nice and keep the interest. Should maybe add a bass guitar in the thicken up the sound and track.

III
The effect on the guitar is a bit strong, maybe you could turn it down it down a bit? or add a slight reverb on top of the effect? Nice chord progressions though and the crescendo guitar in the background is a nice touch.
HOBGUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: