Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Tango616
UG's Death Metal Terran

Slam Death Metal Original (Instrumental)

Hey guys, just did up a quick slam death metal track today, the mix sounds pretty deathcore, but I'll add vocals (gutterals pig squeels) in eventually.

I didn't do a lot of post processing, so there are some pinch harmonics that don't ring as they should, but as for a couple times where I rake the strings, that is meant to be there.
Anyways, enjoy guys.

(Again, didn't do a whole lot of fine tuning of the mix, so just enjoy it :P )

http://soundcloud.com/terran_mackay...weak-slam-death

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Tango616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
JB95
I like taco

What's the deal with some wierd conversation or sentence being said by someone before intro and breakdown?
Heared it alot lately, and I think it's just wierd
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
BloodReverence

Drop the drums a bit, they're wayyy too loud. Can barely hear the guitars. The kick is especially loud. When a blast or a double kick line comes in I can barely hear the guitars.

Also, that snare sound.... **** i don't like it at all. You should think about tweaking it a bit.

As for the song, It was pretty sweet.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Tango616
UG's Death Metal Terran

Well the pre-breakdown thing is used all the time, I figured this one would be worth just a laugh.

As for the drums, I'd say they're decent for the guitars, the kick is the LEAST loud, I don't know what you're talking about, you can hardly hear the kicks for the fast part.

As for the snare sound, it's supposed to be like that, grindcore/slam/brutal death metal isn't exactly known for it's pretty snare sound, they mostly use piccolo snares.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
BloodReverence

Maybe you're listening through headphones here. on my speakers (which are very good quality) the kick is really powerful, not so much the single kick in a beat but when the double kicks start blazing it's incredibly loud.

Regardless, the drums overall are too loud.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
Tango616
UG's Death Metal Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodReverence
Maybe you're listening through headphones here. on my speakers (which are very good quality) the kick is really powerful, not so much the single kick in a beat but when the double kicks start blazing it's incredibly loud.

Regardless, the drums overall are too loud.

Yeah, I'm going through good headphones though.

maybe your speakers just have a lot of bass in them?

I've listened through both my good headphones and my speakers (they're okay, not AMAZING, but far from crap), both seem decent.
I am turning down the snare a little and up on a crash, but I'll try turning them down and see, thanks for the feedback anyway, glad you like the song though man.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
BloodReverence

Yeah man no prob. Yes i do have bassy speakers, i have a sub attached. but with other music it still balances out, your drums were just too loud on the track. Need a good bass response on em to really hear the full mix
Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
Odirunn
Hi, I'm Adam

Snare tone fits, but it's way too loud and unhumanized (I had to actively try to listen to anything besides the snare). The blasts need to be weaker hits and the gravity blasts significantly weaker than the blasts. I'd try 127 for hits, 105 for blasts and probably 85 for gravity blasts.

Guitars are a bit boomy in the 125-150hz region, either HPF a bit higher or comp this. Otherwise they fit nicely.

All this needs is some nasty grindy bass and you're set!

...I just realized you said you didn't do much to the mix, but ya. Already typed all that.
Odirunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #9
aaron aardvark

Tango,
The intro talking cracked me up considering the onslaught that came after that! You're gonna think I'm crazy, but I pictured hula dancers during parts of this (due to the drums). Grrrrrrrr!! LOL! Instrumenally, a bit heavy for me, though quite entertaining overall thanks to little Bobby. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1482474
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Usernames sucks

Really heavy! I loved it! Nice work
Can you please leave a comment on my original Melodic Death Metal/Metalcore song?:

Thank you
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
MetalCommand
Disappear to Infinity

Very heavy and tight playing. Pretty nice riffs. I don't like the snare, but if that's what you're going for then fair enough. As someone else mentioned, the kick has a lot of power to it, which is good in general, but is maybe a little too loud at times.
Overall, it's good, but maybe it could do with a little more variety or something different to add to it... but since you plan to add vocals, that could do the trick.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1482959
MetalCommand is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: