Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
SchecterDean

'Recording & Interface Software' in the review and forum section

Don't know if this has been submitted or considered, but having a section where one can review software. I.E. IK media, Cubase, etc, etc...

Also in the forum section for Software, different sub directory folders for the software that individuals are using to discussions, tips, and updates.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/m..._chords_crd.htm
SchecterDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
josuetijuana

sounds great =D

I support this thread
Old 10-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

I kind of already requested that in this thread:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1481017

I'm just trying to find the time to write a couple of reviews of my kit to send it to the Mod who replied. I was going to suggest "Studio Gear" as the category so it could include things like drum machines & mics as well as multitrackers and software packages.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Already a thread for this in the Recordings forum, not to mention there is only so far you can go with the reviews... it's not like there are hundreds or thousands of major/common DAW's out there, so I doubt the mods will make this a reality - even though I think it might (hopefully) reduce the number of stupid repeat threads we get asking about ____ program/plug-in or _____ microphone.

Only downside is that people with little or no knowledge may well post the only review on something, giving someone who looks it up a false impression... then again, that must happen with tons of guitars/amps on here too and people should do more research than one review on one site

Also, we'd still probably have the majority of people ignoring the Reviews section and going straight to the Recordings forum with the same old questions, so it may not have much of a benefit anyway

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

Last edited by DisarmGoliath : 10-12-2011 at 02:36 PM.
DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Also, we'd still probably have the majority of people ignoring the Reviews section and going straight to the Recordings forum with the same old questions, so it may not have much of a benefit anyway

True, but you could say the same thing about the 1,000s of threads asking about guitars, amps & effects.

I guess it's a similar argument to the amount of lessons etc on the site, but you still get people creating threads asking generic theory questions which could have been answered if the poster had bothered to look.

At the end of the day, the reviews in a studio equipment section (if it were to happen) may not have been written by professionals, but then neither were the reviews in any of the other sections. They'd be written by the average user, for the average user.

Yes, that may be a different perspective than a professional would have, but surely that's the point of reading user reviews - to get the opinion of someone in a similar position to yourself.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
SchecterDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBillington
I kind of already requested that in this thread:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1481017

I'm just trying to find the time to write a couple of reviews of my kit to send it to the Mod who replied. I was going to suggest "Studio Gear" as the category so it could include things like drum machines & mics as well as multitrackers and software packages.

Yeah your suggestion sounds alot better.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/m..._chords_crd.htm
SchecterDean is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: