Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #61
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colohue
Freezer Burn, the brief you gave was obviously not fitting. Blake isn't exactly versed in protocol, is he? You gave him the go ahead; you should have informed him of standard procedure.

Meh, he said he'd run some stuff by me before he posted it. But you're right, I messed up. I should have told him to give everyone some notice. Didn't think he'd pull a defrocked... sorry all

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #62
rgrockr
cdesign proponentist

I'm a little wary of posting in here again, or if this question is appropriate here, but...

This girl broke up with me through text message about 2 weeks ago. I asked her a few times and tried calling her once or twice, but she won't really tell me why or give me a chance to discuss it. Now I'm just trying to get back a CD I lent her and she won't even let me come over to pick it up. What should I do?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #63
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

I wrote a pretty lengthy post in the hugging thread, but tl;dr: how do you deal with jealousy, heartbreak, and all the despair that comes with it? I just want to get this person out of my mind and I want to stop liking him once and for all.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #64
MiserySignals11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
I wrote a pretty lengthy post in the hugging thread, but tl;dr: how do you deal with jealousy, heartbreak, and all the despair that comes with it? I just want to get this person out of my mind and I want to stop liking him once and for all.

It takes a very long time. I think your best bet is to instantly find a replacement to get your mind off her. I'm sure the new girl will relate.
MiserySignals11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #65
Zephyr KL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGaLoG
Obviously, but there is also a rather large difference between a 32 and 50 year old. And I don't just mean "LOL thurrs lots ov numbas betwen 32 n 50!!1!".

You really want to date a 13 year old, don't you?
Zephyr KL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #66
MiserySignals11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMann274
I'm 16, she's 13.

Dude way too young. Both of you. My advice is don't even think about dating till you're 18. You'll understand why when you're older. You have the rest of your life to date.
MiserySignals11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #67
seeneyj
UG Fanatic

Location: A place where people with unbuttoned shirts & cool sunnies can roam free.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrockr
I'm a little wary of posting in here again, or if this question is appropriate here, but...

This girl broke up with me through text message about 2 weeks ago. I asked her a few times and tried calling her once or twice, but she won't really tell me why or give me a chance to discuss it. Now I'm just trying to get back a CD I lent her and she won't even let me come over to pick it up. What should I do?

Sucks man, I can tell you why she busted up with you though. It all boils down to attraction, you weren't triggering enough of it. I'm assuming that you started doing everything that she wanted to do or came on to strong yes?
It's wussy behaviour that stops girls feeling attraction. (More on this if you want it)

She's got a term called 'buyer's remorse' about you because:
1. You displayed wussy behaviour
2. You were too creepy
3. You didn't demonstrate enough social value (More on this if you want)

Give it a couple of weeks to call her or wait till you see her in person.

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
seeneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #68
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype

I'm not sure if this is the exact thread i should be in, but what the hell.

I fell into unrequited love with this girl about 5 years ago. I've managed to move on from it somewhat (i'm starting afresh), but the negativity of such an experience still recurrs. It has caused me to do a lot of crazy and stupid shit. But at the same time, i've been grateful i did experience it, because i learned so much about myself and other people's feelings. In fact this whole experience completly changed my life and changed who i am.

I want to move on from what i had to go through, but because i have learned so much from this experience and because i feel that i have become a much more compassionate and understanding person, i fear that if i move on from her, i fear that i'll lose that part of me that is loving and compassionate.

I've found another person in my life but they're long-distance. they make me really happy and fulfilled, but i don't have the oppertunity to communicate with them often.

So anyway,

I fell in love with this girl and i learned a lot about my life from the experience. It has made me very depressed about my life, but the changes that the process made have helped make me a more lovable person. I fear that i will lose that caring side of me if i completly forget, i seemingly associate my love and kindness for this girl i fell in love with all those years ago.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #69
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn
Meh, he said he'd run some stuff by me before he posted it. But you're right, I messed up. I should have told him to give everyone some notice. Didn't think he'd pull a defrocked... sorry all

Not trying to weasel my way out of anything, if I fucked up, I fucked up, but what is exactly the problem?

Just needed more time to ease the way into the new thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm not sure if this is the exact thread i should be in, but what the hell.

I fell into unrequited love with this girl about 5 years ago. I've managed to move on from it somewhat (i'm starting afresh), but the negativity of such an experience still recurrs. It has caused me to do a lot of crazy and stupid shit. But at the same time, i've been grateful i did experience it, because i learned so much about myself and other people's feelings. In fact this whole experience completly changed my life and changed who i am.

I want to move on from what i had to go through, but because i have learned so much from this experience and because i feel that i have become a much more compassionate and understanding person, i fear that if i move on from her, i fear that i'll lose that part of me that is loving and compassionate.

I've found another person in my life but they're long-distance. they make me really happy and fulfilled, but i don't have the oppertunity to communicate with them often.

So anyway,

I fell in love with this girl and i learned a lot about my life from the experience. It has made me very depressed about my life, but the changes that the process made have helped make me a more lovable person. I fear that i will lose that caring side of me if i completly forget, i seemingly associate my love and kindness for this girl i fell in love with all those years ago.

You've analyzed yourself, and can pinpoint the exact location where you learned. That's all well and good, but it also means you can separate what you learned from the teacher.

It's okay to let go, and at five years, I'd say it's time to do so. Don't worry about "losing yourself," you know exactly who you can be now. There's no excuse to lose anything from it. You need to live your life and be happy, and to do so, just let go of her.

It's going to be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrockr

Cut your losses, homie. It sucks, but you can't always expect the right amount of closure, no matter how much you need it. You just have to learn when to walk away from the situation, and seeing how she's being so obstinate about it, it'd be better to just stop now.

Last edited by blake1221 : 10-25-2011 at 10:27 PM.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #70
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221

You've analyzed yourself, and can pinpoint the exact location where you learned. That's all well and good, but it also means you can separate what you learned from the teacher.

It's okay to let go, and at five years, I'd say it's time to do so. Don't worry about "losing yourself," you know exactly who you can be now. There's no excuse to lose anything from it. You need to live your life and be happy, and to do so, just let go of her.

It's going to be okay.

Thanks, Blake. I could elaborate on how she made me who i am, but it isn't really appropriate for this forum. The whole story is far too long to explain.

Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #71
blake1221
‭‭

Well, you know yourself best. I do know however, that sometimes your mind makes up reasons why you shouldn't let go, and it just becomes increasingly hard not to.

I still recommend you do so, but do what you feel is best in the end.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #72
thedefrockednun

What timing, eh? I break up with my girlfriend, two weeks later I start being more active again on the RT and now THIS:

I met an awesome girl. I hardly spoke to her cause she was a friend of one of my friends (also a girl) and we went to a club with LOADS of people. She has everything that my ex lacked (which led to the breakup). I felt butterflies in my stomach, shy, like I did when I was a small, shy, pubescent 14 year old.

IT FEELS GREAT!

THis girl is so great and I for some reason got a small (very small) feeling that she might like me a bit (despite only just meeting). If I look back, she doesn't show too many of the signs (except for being really shy, smiling only when I spoke to her, acting different with me than the other guys she'd just met; my mates).

Anyway, she's really cute, really pretty and my friend said she'd "drop a hint" to see if the girl might be in to me (maybe not the best idea but irreversible now).

If what I heard is true, she's very shy and doesn't have much (if any) of a relationship-past.

How should I go about this? I usually don't go for the shy girls. She's my friend's flatmate so the only way I can get to see her is if I visit my friend (even then there's not a huge chance of her being there).

My main problem is how I should go about this. I feel like she needs to know a little bit more about me than she already does (which is basically nothing), so I was thinking maybe add her on fb....but I don't wanna be too obvious and imposing. I don't wanna scare her away but I'm so infatuated right now that I just wanna get her number and ask her out :P

How should I go about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn

Pull a defrocked, is that a term now? What exactly are you referring to? :P

Last edited by thedefrockednun : 10-25-2011 at 10:46 PM.
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #73
seeneyj
UG Fanatic

Location: A place where people with unbuttoned shirts & cool sunnies can roam free.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun
What timing, eh? I break up with my girlfriend, two weeks later I start being more active again on the RT and now THIS:

I met an awesome girl. I hardly spoke to her cause she was a friend of one of my friends (also a girl) and we went to a club with LOADS of people. She has everything that my ex lacked (which led to the breakup). I felt butterflies in my stomach, shy, like I did when I was a small, shy, pubescent 14 year old.

IT FEELS GREAT!

THis girl is so great and I for some reason got a small (very small) feeling that she might like me a bit (despite only just meeting). If I look back, she doesn't show too many of the signs (except for being really shy, smiling only when I spoke to her, acting different with me than the other guys she'd just met; my mates).

Anyway, she's really cute, really pretty and my friend said she'd "drop a hint" to see if the girl might be in to me (maybe not the best idea but irreversible now).

If what I heard is true, she's very shy and doesn't have much (if any) of a relationship-past.

How should I go about this? I usually don't go for the shy girls. She's my friend's flatmate so the only way I can get to see her is if I visit my friend (even then there's not a huge chance of her being there).

My main problem is how I should go about this. I feel like she needs to know a little bit more about me than she already does (which is basically nothing), so I was thinking maybe add her on fb....but I don't wanna be too obvious and imposing. I don't wanna scare her away but I'm so infatuated right now that I just wanna get her number and ask her out :P

How should I go about it?

That's good You don't need a reason to see her. Just ask her to hang out doing something mundane like IKEA. The more mundane, the better.
Basically just man up and do it, otherwise the moment is gone and you've lost all spontaneity and boring.
She'll open up over time and be less shy. Some of the craziest chicks I know, started out shy.

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
seeneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #74
JAHellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGaLoG
Obviously, but there is also a rather large difference between a 32 and 50 year old. And I don't just mean "LOL thurrs lots ov numbas betwen 32 n 50!!1!".

no theres not also you like icp so shut up
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #75
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype

Quote:
Well, you know yourself best. I do know however, that sometimes your mind makes up reasons why you shouldn't let go, and it just becomes increasingly hard not to.

I still recommend you do so, but do what you feel is best in the end.

I'll send you a few PM's.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 10-25-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #76
JAHellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfan7
The thing is I can't I feel I shouldn't be in a relationship if I'm constantly thinking about someone else, that isn't fair to them.

woah man. slow down, we're not saying go out and get yourself into another relationship right away. just get out there, chat with girls, flirt with ones you find attractive, get your mind off the past and into the present.
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #77
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything

Quote:
Not trying to weasel my way out of anything, if I fucked up, I fucked up, but what is exactly the problem?

Just needed more time to ease the way into the new thread?

I don't like upsetting Tom. He's like a big brother to me in these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun

Oh you know what I mean.

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #78
Green_Ghoul

anyone care to pm me? i'm too embarrassed to post my situation at the moment. :'(
Green_Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #79
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
woah man. slow down, we're not saying go out and get yourself into another relationship right away. just get out there, chat with girls, flirt with ones you find attractive, get your mind off the past and into the present.

I honestly haven't found anyone attractive since, besides like, Carey Mulligan

I'm screwed.

RIYL: La Dispute, mewithoutYou, Balance & Composure

Best Kept Secret

RIYL: post-rock/pop-rock
rockfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #80
chaoticfables
hooooome studiooo

Can you be indirectly friend-zoned? Like, implied over a period of time rather than a straight flat-out 'let's just be friends'?

tanlumits
a hip-hop project
soundcloud
youtube
chaoticfables is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: