Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #12021
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

I still vote full steam ahead regardless. Women like confident men who know what they want. Be that, and yourself, just a more confident version.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #12022
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

God dammit I ****ing hate girls getting a bitchy attitude. I was trying to have a nice conversation, and it turns into her acting so uninterested and playing so hard to get. At some point it crosses the line of being fun and turns to complete annoyance.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #12023
fender_696
UG's Lincolner

Anyone got any tips for a long distance relationship?

I am going out with a girl I met in Italy (it was a whirlwind romance, trust me, and I love her very much) but I've had to go back to England to finish my degree.

She is visiting for a couple of weeks from November 7th, and I am going back to Italy for the month of January.

Then I will try and work and live with her in Rome after all this education malarkey has finished.... So there is some degree of contact.

However, I am in a state of pining. It's pathetic. I can't seem to motivate myself much for going out and even my concentration for uni work has suffered.

So, yeah, anyone got any tips how to hold out? We talk pretty much every day on Facebook and, once I get proper internet (I'm currently relying on a limited dongle thing at the moment), I'm sure we will Skype as well.

But it's enough. I miss her terribly and it's ruining my social, as well as educational, life!

Any advice?
i'm happy for you

Befriend The Cromwells (my band). You know you want to:

http://thecromwells.bandcamp.com/

Pretty Girls On Bicycles:

http://prettygirlsonbicycles.bandcamp.com/
fender_696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #12024
palm mute
Reserved User

Anyone got a care package of media for someone who just got their heart shit on? Movies, games, music, whatever works. Something positive and universal, something that will make me feel like the world didn't just end.

I'm sick at the moment so going outside is not really something I can do and I will go insane if I keep thinking about this. I need it because guitar has way too many memories of her to even look at right now, let alone play.

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #12025
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

Go watch Parks and Recreation. I dare you to try to be in a bad mood after a few episodes of that.
HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #12026
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender_696
Anyone got any tips for a long distance relationship?

I am going out with a girl I met in Italy (it was a whirlwind romance, trust me, and I love her very much) but I've had to go back to England to finish my degree.

She is visiting for a couple of weeks from November 7th, and I am going back to Italy for the month of January.

Then I will try and work and live with her in Rome after all this education malarkey has finished.... So there is some degree of contact.

However, I am in a state of pining. It's pathetic. I can't seem to motivate myself much for going out and even my concentration for uni work has suffered.

So, yeah, anyone got any tips how to hold out? We talk pretty much every day on Facebook and, once I get proper internet (I'm currently relying on a limited dongle thing at the moment), I'm sure we will Skype as well.

But it's enough. I miss her terribly and it's ruining my social, as well as educational, life!

Any advice?
Talk regularly, but (and this goes for every relationship) don't let it get in the way of your personal/professional life. I'd set aside an hour or so a day to talk to her, but if you haven't finished what you need to do, skip that day.

The thing about every relationship is that your life shouldn't only happen when you're with you partner. There should be fulfillment from other areas of your life. The difference, though, in long distance relationships is that communication and regular contact is so much more crucial than regular relationships. Because you can't just sit on the couch watching Netflix.

Basically, you have to prioritize. Friends, work/school, girlfriend. Give them all equal weight (or weigh them according to your personal preference) and don't ignore one part to focus on the others.

Sometimes I make a post and think "Did I actually say anything?" This is one of those times.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #12027
Jehuty
UG's Fingerpicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Sometimes I make a post and think "Did I actually say anything?" This is one of those times.

Nah it's a good post man.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #12028
fender_696
UG's Lincolner

It certainly was.

I think I just need to occupy myself more. Need to get out, especially at night, rather than sitting in my room alone and pining.

That's no good for anyone!
i'm happy for you

Befriend The Cromwells (my band). You know you want to:

http://thecromwells.bandcamp.com/

Pretty Girls On Bicycles:

http://prettygirlsonbicycles.bandcamp.com/
fender_696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #12029
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

So guys, going back to the last girl I posted about... she's been texting me a lot. I texted her a week or so ago and we texted all day and into the next day. Then I stopped for a little while, and a few days later she texted me back and we essentially haven't stopped texting for a few days. I saw her for like two seconds because I had to check my schedule at work and she was working, but I didn't want to stay long because I was drunk and my least favorite boss was working. So, I just said hi and left essentially.

As soon as I left she starting telling me to come back, and ever since the conversation has taken a different turn. We've been talking about Chicago, and she keeps saying we should go there together sometime. I played it as a joke at first, but she keeps bringing it up. I'd obviously love to, but that seems like a big deal.

I basically already know what's going on, I'm just getting second opinions. Is she finally coming around? How should I deal with this? She's sent so many mixed messages up until now that when she finally starts to show signs I'm having trouble believing them.

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014
46-21-15
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #12030
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender_696
It certainly was.

I think I just need to occupy myself more. Need to get out, especially at night, rather than sitting in my room alone and pining.

That's no good for anyone!
Definitely. She wants you to be happy. And a big part of that is doing things for yourself.

Long distance relationships are hard, but they can work if you're willing to put in the effort. Most regs in this thread will tell you that they're not really worth it, but my parents started out long distance; they've been together for 30+ years, so I know it can work.

I do think that there has to be an end to the long distance thing in the foreseeable future for it to work. Meaning that it can't be viewed as long distance forever. So if the move or whatever is five months or five years away, that goal has to be there.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #12031
palm mute
Reserved User

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I do think that there has to be an end to the long distance thing in the foreseeable future for it to work. Meaning that it can't be viewed as long distance forever. So if the move or whatever is five months or five years away, that goal has to be there.

This is the most important piece of information anyone could give you about ldrs

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #12032
Jyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford_rocks
So guys, going back to the last girl I posted about... she's been texting me a lot. I texted her a week or so ago and we texted all day and into the next day. Then I stopped for a little while, and a few days later she texted me back and we essentially haven't stopped texting for a few days. I saw her for like two seconds because I had to check my schedule at work and she was working, but I didn't want to stay long because I was drunk and my least favorite boss was working. So, I just said hi and left essentially.

As soon as I left she starting telling me to come back, and ever since the conversation has taken a different turn. We've been talking about Chicago, and she keeps saying we should go there together sometime. I played it as a joke at first, but she keeps bringing it up. I'd obviously love to, but that seems like a big deal.

I basically already know what's going on, I'm just getting second opinions. Is she finally coming around? How should I deal with this? She's sent so many mixed messages up until now that when she finally starts to show signs I'm having trouble believing them.

I think its time for you guys to break the ice and just start seeing each other. In a totally honest way. From the global looks of it, I think just being yourself when you see her and trusting your feelings/instincts is the way to go. I havent read any of your other posts so my advice is maybe not that much helpful, I'd say, just break the ice.

--

Last night I went out with a friend of mine who has a girlfriend. Before we went out we were talking about meditation, spirituality and how people could help one another and help yourself to be your best self generally.

Then, we went out to this club. There was a girl who I'd liked for a long time, but whom I had my doubts about, lets say I was unsure if its gonna work with her. I eject from the scene for a couple of minutes, next thing I know I see my friend and her being intimate and real close and the such. He was like totally surprised when I came back, the stereotypical ' but dude, I thought you were leaving! ' I havent seen them do anything mostly because I couldnt stand being there, but also leaves me unsure if anything happened. In any case the night began to suck and so was this day emotionally.

The thing is, I dont have a relationship with the girl, but I like her a lot because we've spend so many deep conversations and the such, and she really understands me on the level that my sister knows me, which to me is huge (b/c of things in the past etc) . And now I feel like that friend had broken the bro code, he didnt even ask me if it was okay to be so upclose and personal but on the other hand Im not sure if they even did anything. I feel like hes hypocrite for talking all the love and spiritual goodness and next thing you know hitting on the girl I like. I just want to confront him but I dont know how and such..
Jyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #12033
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyuuga
I think its time for you guys to break the ice and just start seeing each other. In a totally honest way. From the global looks of it, I think just being yourself when you see her and trusting your feelings/instincts is the way to go. I havent read any of your other posts so my advice is maybe not that much helpful, I'd say, just break the ice.

I will trust myself. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyuuga
Last night I went out with a friend of mine who has a girlfriend. Before we went out we were talking about meditation, spirituality and how people could help one another and help yourself to be your best self generally.

Then, we went out to this club. There was a girl who I'd liked for a long time, but whom I had my doubts about, lets say I was unsure if its gonna work with her. I eject from the scene for a couple of minutes, next thing I know I see my friend and her being intimate and real close and the such. He was like totally surprised when I came back, the stereotypical ' but dude, I thought you were leaving! ' I havent seen them do anything mostly because I couldnt stand being there, but also leaves me unsure if anything happened. In any case the night began to suck and so was this day emotionally.

The thing is, I dont have a relationship with the girl, but I like her a lot because we've spend so many deep conversations and the such, and she really understands me on the level that my sister knows me, which to me is huge (b/c of things in the past etc) . And now I feel like that friend had broken the bro code, he didnt even ask me if it was okay to be so upclose and personal but on the other hand Im not sure if they even did anything. I feel like hes hypocrite for talking all the love and spiritual goodness and next thing you know hitting on the girl I like. I just want to confront him but I dont know how and such..

To me it sounds like you need to just have a chat with him face to face sometime soon. If he's a true friend of yours, he will understand that any girl he knows you're into is off limits. Regardless of if you're there or not.

46-21-15

Last edited by Rockford_rocks : 10-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #12034
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

had coffee with someone of the female persuasion. cancer stories are like the cheat code to women
Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #12035
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

^^ if you only knew. what happened to the girl you took to brampton?
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #12036
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
had coffee with someone of the female persuasion. cancer stories are like the cheat code to women

I'd like to hear this story.

46-21-15
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #12037
guitarxo
cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford_rocks
I'd like to hear this story.

me too!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #12038
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

Well ****, I guess she's back with her ex now.

So much for me getting excited about someone...

Last edited by snipelfritz : 10-07-2012 at 04:13 AM.
snipelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #12039
blake1221
‭‭

So apparently I'm really attractive to every girl from middle school/high school I used to have a crush on except the one I now actually have a crush on. Greeeeeaaaaaaatttttttt.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #12040
guitarxo
cat

How do you know that the girl you have a crush on doesn't find you attractive?

Rate This Thread: