Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #14741
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrP6 SeNiLe
So I kinda stop by here sometimes and update how my relationship life is going, so I thought I'd do that now since stuff has happened since my last post (from a forever ago). Also I have a question to ask, I'll put this in spoiler tags as it's semi-long.

show

Any opinions would be awesome, thanks!

Well, regardless of time, it's hard to fully commit to yourself that you feel that you're in love with someone. It's just something that you should not only feel from yourself, but feel from her too. You should have a good idea if you'll get the same response back from her if you tell her you love her. I think 7 months is a long enough time, but like I said, you should know if your relationship warrants saying that. You don't want to go and completely surprise her by saying this, because it could cause some problems. But hopefully she does feel the same way and all goes well so that your relationship gets boosted to the next level

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #14742
PacificOcean
Motivational poster.

Sup guys
So...
I'm kinda bad on presents, there's this girl that i barely know but i have a crush on her, next week its her birthday.
After thinking for a while i came to the conclusion that giving her a south park plush (since she likes sp) + chocolates would do the trick, i guess giving her flowers and st valentines things sounds odd for birthday gift.
Now, should i wait till i give her the present to make a proper introduction, or try to talk to her right now?

Also, gift suggestions are kindly accepted.
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
PacificOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #14743
blake1221
‭‭

Barely know? How little is that? I advise against presents.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #14744
PacificOcean
Motivational poster.

It's like, she knows me by sight, i know her by sight, ocasionally saying hi, someone introduced me to her very briefly like 2 years ago... and i have not really talked to her, just to her friends.
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #14745
blake1221
‭‭

Ehh, that's still a little much giving her full on presents. Just tell her happy birthday, start conversation, and get your foot in the door.

Anyone else, feel free to weigh in, but I'm voting this one down.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #14746
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine

So obviously a no. Why would you buy her a present? Even saying 'Happy Birthday' would be more than enough given how well you know her.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #14747
PacificOcean
Motivational poster.

Haha, it's just that last day i was talking to her friends and they said that next week is her birthday.
Since doing all the talking and meeting stuff from zero is new to me, (all my past relationships had been kinda easy, from girls taking the first step to dating somebody i already knew from my class) i tought it was a good idea buying her something to boost like the meeting part (i blame valentine day's ads for making me think of that).

So i'll just go to talk to her then, plus i'll save a bit of my money thanks to you guys haha.
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #14748
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Sorry, I absolutely agree with the no presents. It will either come off as
1. Weak, or
2. Just creepy.

Anyway didn't getting a chance to see her today, but we started chatting, and I went down the road of chat flirting, just general playing around and teasing a bit, she responded quite well, and went along with it, which I guess is good.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #14749
shavorules42
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Tigers
I remember once talking to a girl at Mc Donalds and she sucked some drink into her straw and spit it in my face. I was offended (too serious) and got all snotty. A while later we eventually got together. She told me about that day and how she was trying to flirt with me but I dind't get it because I was too serious. I felt really stupid when she told me that. As it turned out that girl turned out to be my first and one of the greatest loves of my life. But at McD's that day I was talking to her all serious and she just wanted to play and have fun.

I love you new mod, but you took a girl on a date to MCFUCKING DONALD'S? And you took it seriously?

And cup his balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
shavorules42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #14750
blake1221
‭‭

It's hilarious that you had this big a reaction to the fact that he got McDonalds with a girl. I've done that. Pretty sure most people have. Sometimes, you just want fast food.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #14751
shavorules42
UG Board King

Quote:
It's hilarious that you had this big a reaction to the fact that he got McDonalds with a girl. I've done that. Pretty sure most people have. Sometimes, you just want fast food.

Having worked at one for almost two years and seeing the awful condition of the lobbies of the local McDonald's I've been at, I would never take a girl there unless we'd been dating for awhile (or at least were comfortable enough around each other that we don't care). I was laughing more at him taking it seriously when it was in a McDonald's which is a pretty casual atmosphere.

And cup his balls.

Quote:
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
shavorules42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #14752
ManInTheBox14
In lesbians with you

Hey RT. So, Friday night I was hanging out with a few friends, and I was talking about that girl (who I didn't think was into me, and then I thought she was into me, and then she kinda started ignoring me and stuff), and they convinced me to text her (just "Hey, what's up?"), and I didn't get any reply, so I guess I'm gonna try to move on from her. Now that I'm trying that, I feel kinda weird, and a little bit empty. Is that normal? This is the first time that I haven't seriously liked someone or been in a relationship in over a year, aside from a 2-month period when I was too sad to like anyone.

Also, I kinda want to meet someone new, but I don't really know how to go about that. Most of the girls I know at my school kind of get on my nerves, and I don't really go to parties or anything, just hang out with my small-ish group of friends. (I'm also 17 and don't drink or anything, so no clubs or bars). Any tips on how to meet someone new?

I'm dying.
-Is it blissful?
It's like a dream.
-I want to dream.

Blog I Write For
ManInTheBox14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #14753
blake1221
‭‭

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the first part.

Go to parties, or join some other club in your school. Go to more games and school events and just start talking to people.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #14754
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine

Who's never been to McDonalds with a girl? Bitch needs to eat before a film and Cinema food is hella expensive.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #14755
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavorules42
I love you new mod, but you took a girl on a date to MCFUCKING DONALD'S? And you took it seriously?

It's not that big a deal. Sometimes dates like those (i.e. not the fancy or planned out ones) turn out to be the best and most memorable.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #14756
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Just out of curiosity.

I earlier mentioned that today we were text flirting a little bit, and when I see her it's a lttle bit of flirting, and some talking about regular stuff, and a lot of the time she shows up and I'm taling with a group of friends etc.

Now, even though this is obviously better than boring chit chat everytime, does anyone think it's putting the wrong idea in her head?

Like, won't she begin thinking that I'm just looking gor a fling with her, 'causing her to end up running away?

'Cause she's more a relationship person than a fling person, and, believe it or not, I am also looking for something more serious with her, and I'm worried that I may be giving off the wrong signals..like the fun loving/not serious, one night stand signals?

Is there, like, a way to signal that that isn't all there is, without turning into "I'ma bore the hell out of you/be too serious all the time/phone you every day/do everything to make you believe that I'm relationship material without making you run out of boredom/" thing..also without accidentaly making her think "I'm just a carefree bastard who wants to sleep with you once and ignore you" sort of thing?

Bit hard to explain really...
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #14757
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

I think you should just ask her out. Honestly, you're putting waaaay too much thought into every little detail.
HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #14758
Krieger91
I Sold The World

I will when I get too see her. But if at this point, she's convinced that I'm just some ass who wants to take advantage of her, won't she just run away?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #14759
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

But you don't know that she's convinced of that, and I bet she probably doesn't think that. I mean, from what you've posted previously it seems like she's interested, so I don't know why you should even worry about that.
HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #14760
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalMan28
But you don't know that she's convinced of that, and I bet she probably doesn't think that. I mean, from what you've posted previously it seems like she's interested, so I don't know why you should even worry about that.

I started thinking about her and what she could possibly be feeling..knowing her a bot and that is the first thing that came to mind

Rate This Thread: