Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Tab Pro Service Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
JDP1

Tab Pro printing

Is there any way to print the tabs out in tab pro? I just joined and don't see any way to do it. Thanks for any help.
JDP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
UG Support

Unfortunately Tab Pro doesn't provide printing option, at least as of now.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Tombo222

They should look into this as soon as possible. It's great to have these really good tabs but if you can print them out to work on them it makes it pretty annoying; especially if you want to look at all the different parts along side each other. While it doesn't make it not worth the monthly subscription cost, it certainly annoys me enough every time that I contemplate canceling.
Tombo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Alexander70314

I agree on the printing issue. I think it would add a lot of value to this already outstanding program if you could print the tabs. I'm sure it has something to do with copyright and stuff like that, and the fact it would make the subscribtion fee higher if the option is to be available. I will gladly take on the added cost if this option is to be added.... and become a better guiter player
Alexander70314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
levcomstock

This is crazy... has anyone figured out a way to print? I've tried everything....the tabs are amazing but worthless to me if I can't print
levcomstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
Grimnak27

take screenshots then print them out?
Grimnak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
meehanjm

yeah, printscreen is an option, but how sweet would it be if there was a button that said "Print Score". Please work on a printing option.
meehanjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
gatgirl1

definately need a printing option, soo annoying without it
gatgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
katzhome

it is truly ridiculous that you can't print the tabs out!
katzhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
brennanpwoods

imagine if someone signs up for a one month trial, prints out all of the tabs they want to learn and then stops subscribing. that is why UG doesn't allow us to print these tabs; they'd lose revenue. i totally agree it sucks, don't get me wrong. its just something i fear we'll have to live with.
brennanpwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #11
ms005
Banned

ms005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #12
xxl700
Banned

it is truly ridiculous that you can't print the tabs out!
[IMG]*****************************zhangwei2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]*****************************zhangwei3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]*****************************zhangwei5.jpg[/IMG]
xxl700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
Mag~

I really, really wish there was a printing option. I literally just spent 2 hours trying to convert the tabs to a pdf and print them out, but /nothing/ works.
Mag~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
ricthestic

Angry

I understand the theory that if you could print you would print the songs you want then quit... but Songgster allows printing and I belong to them until just recently. When I bought my first three months from UG I assumed it would allow you to print and and assign the songs as favourites rather than have to type them in each time. Wrong!
So they are going to lose me regardless if I can't do these two fundamental options.
ricthestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
paddyirishman
Gnéas Ciontóra Cláraithe

While UG gets its act together you can just print the tabs from within Power Tab or Guitar Pro (or Tux Guitar), which is where all of the tabs come from originally. Just download the highest rated "free" version of the tab from the main website and it's exactly the same thing as the Tab Pro version.

If anyone wants print-outs or MP3/MIDI exports from anything I've tabbed (that is, if you don't have access to Guitar Pro) just lemme know! I'm sure the other tabbers would do the same, or would at least permit others to provide the exports/prints of their work if asked. Where there's a will there's a way
paddyirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
JoshShick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo222
They should look into this as soon as possible. It's great to have these really good tabs but if you can print them out to work on them it makes it pretty annoying; especially if you want to look at all the different parts along side each other. While it doesn't make it not worth the monthly subscription cost, it certainly annoys me enough every time that I contemplate canceling.

Completely agree!
JoshShick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #17
HitmannD

Absolutely, how ridiculous, the ability to print tabs is crucial. I don't want to sit in front of my computer to play a new song, I sit in front of the computer enough at my job already. The whole reason why I paid for it was to be able to print them and play from the tabs without having to actually memorize the parts. I just wanted the multiple instruments and higher quality tabs than the ones normally found on Ultimate Guitar. Was a guitar player actually consulted when designing this app? I bet if the design team actually did consult a guitarist, they would have said "put a print button on there you moron, nobody wants to learn music in front of a computer!" It's quite probable that a guitarist did say this, but the money junkies at Ultimate Guitar got in the way of that decision.

Furthermore its not like this is stopping people from printing tabs, I've already printed out quite a few songs. This crucial design flaw just makes it annoying and time consuming because you have to print each screen individually then crop it in a photo editor to remove the midi interface. I don't give a damn about the MIDI, it sounds terrible. Do you have any idea how much time I've spent trying to get around this stupid design flaw just to be able to hand out music to my friends when we get together to play? Its hard enough to get the group together with people working 60 hours a week to make ends meet, and having wives and kids.

If you don't want people printing out an entire library of tabs, then ending their subscription, put a goddamn limit on the number of musical pieces you can print in a day! 5/day seems reasonable.

Very disappointed and thoroughly pissed off,

Tim T.

Last edited by HitmannD : 08-24-2012 at 01:35 AM.
HitmannD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
budaroo

What a bummer, just signed up for the 3 day trial. I'll definitely cancel before the 3 days.
budaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #19
finepoint

You cannot print with Tab Pro either.
finepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
pippolo72

Quote:
Originally Posted by budaroo
What a bummer, just signed up for the 3 day trial. I'll definitely cancel before the 3 days.

Same here...
pippolo72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: