Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Shaharz
DAH KEWL GUY

The Sky Is Simply Low (Progressive, GP5) C4C

Wow, guys. I'm on fire.
This is the second complete song I wrote in the last 2 weeks. I'm actually writing a song a week
Other than that, I wrote like 7-8 great riffs that I'll use for other songs later. But this is happening after a long time of being stuck with stuff and boy do I feel great!

Hope you like. C4C.

Enjoy

EDIT: I changed and re-uploaded it like 3 times after posting... But I think it really is done now :P
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Sky Is Simply Low.zip (7.7 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by Shaharz : 11-11-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Shaharz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
BloodReverence

Just before One in that little 2/4 break, please put a drum fill in there. It'd be a great way to smooth the transition.

BRAUGH or whatever along with verse 4 were my favourite parts of the song. Definitely started with an Opeth feel and ended it on a Periphery style lick at the end.

In solo 2, the way the last phrase repeats with nothing backing it... I'm not sure I'm a fan of that at all. Maybe it'd sound better recorded and with a good lead tone and some delay, but from the GP tab it just doesn't sound right.

My only real crit is to work on the solos a bit more man, they're a little lacking in a few parts.

The rest of the song though was beautifully melancholy. I loved it man
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Shaharz
DAH KEWL GUY

I actually like how simple the solos are... But noted.

Added a drum fill before One, you're right, does sound better. Thanks
Shaharz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
BloodReverence

No problem man! It's not the simplicity of the solo's that bothers me. Just some of the phrasing could be better. 80% of the parts in the solos are good, it's just that other 20% you should look at and kinda work out a bit better.

But as I said, I really like the song, especially your acoustic stuff. Holy shit man, the phrasing in there is just killer.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

At first I wasnt sure about that acoustic thing at the start but I like the progression that starts at about bar 22. I also like the bit with the jazz guitar and the vocals in the chorus. Not too keen on the solo guitar but I liked the strings section after. "Two" was good and I prefer the second solo to the first. The part that starts at about bar 200 is kinda weird, but in a good way?

Overall it's very nice, although different to how I would generally write/structure song. Good nonetheless!
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced

Christ, It is rare that I hear something so melancholic (that's awesome). I love the route you took, at least in regard to the simplicity shown in the song. It almost adds to the song, seeing as it is uncomplicated. I definitely want to hear this song recorded. I like the use you gave diminished chords. Also, the overall build-up in complexity pleases my ears.

Job well done. I really enjoyed it.
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
bassburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Mean Mr Mustard
Naked By The Computer

The intro starts off great, love those guitar chords. I think that for the verse, you should have some synth pad or other sound in the background, and maybe add in some simple electric drum beat underneath? The chorus had a great vocal melody over it. Solo I sounded great! Very emotional sounding, try to add in some more legato sounding techniques.

One was amazing as well, very emotional sounding, the piano was such a great addition. I liked when the piano took the lead in "Two". Solo II was okay, not as good as the first, and I personally didnt like the way you faded out of that into the piano part. "BRUHAHGUA" or whatever felt a bit out of place for the song. The verse 4 riff worked though. Outro was pretty strong.

Overall, it was quite an interesting piece. Pretty catchy melodies, and I loved that section from Solo 1 to One. Good writing man.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
Yuniti

Man... I don't have right now specific things to comment about but I totaly liked it...
I liked that you attached the lyrics while composing in GP, even though we can't really feel how this song would sound with vocals through GP

BTW I joined just today and it is nice to see that there are users from Israel in here like me
Yuniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Adrian89
UG Freak

Some great ideas in this tab, I really enjoyed it, but i NEED to listen it recorded!
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Adrian89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: