Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #41
Tessalate
Going to be the best.

Glad to be here guys, lets get this thread going.

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Tessalate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:18 AM   #42
devourke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticfables
Year 12, I have 6 exams and I have done one so far (English, possibly one of the easier ones).

I have three consecutive exams in three days and they're hard ones (physics, bio, math)

And now I'm here in the Pit

Well I know Physics is supposed to be hell hard, but Bio is supposed to be a lot easier than you expect, if NCEA haven't changed it too much from last year. Math is piss easy. I'm guessing you do music as well?
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #43
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
You'll be waiting a long time. And I can turn off the Bro for a little bit if you want.

Nah, pitbros just have to get the bro out of their system on the first page or so, eventually they'll get bored of people's problems and it'll be back to normal

I would like to use this post to express my gratitude for this thread. Like many others, being able to vent and read advice here has helped me when I had no one else to turn to.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #44
devourke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
Nah, pitbros just have to get the bro out of their system on the first page or so, eventually they'll get bored of people's problems and it'll be back to normal

I would like to use this post to express my gratitude for this thread. Like many others, being able to vent and read advice here has helped me when I had no one else to turn to.

I have no idea why I never went in the old Hug thread. I love to try and help people on UG.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #45
Tessalate
Going to be the best.

@chaoticfables Exams suck, but whatever you do, DON'T leave the studying till 3am in the morning. Use your day wisely to study, as you will need sleep(proven to be vital to memory), and any exam will be a breeze.

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Tessalate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 AM   #46
fail

Quote:
I have no idea why I never went in the old Hug thread. I love to try and help people on UG.

You will fit in quite well then.

Well, hate to be the one to start off the heavy stuff, but whatever. This is kind of embarrassing though -- some of you may know that I used to have a cutting problem. I haven't cut in a long time and I no longer even like it, but in recent months I have taken a liking to bruising. Okay, actually I'm developing quite an addiction to it. It feels way better than cutting ever did, and it doesn't leave scars. On the downside I occasionally have people asking if somebody's abusing me, but I can cover that up fine. I don't really see it as a problem I need to fix but at the same time I know it's not how normal people deal with things and I'm trying so hard to be normal (in terms of my mental health and self-esteem). But it feels too damn good and I don't know why.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #47
jani92jani
UG Member

Quote:

Well, hate to be the one to start off the heavy stuff, but whatever. This is kind of embarrassing though -- some of you may know that I used to have a cutting problem. I haven't cut in a long time and I no longer even like it, but in recent months I have taken a liking to bruising. Okay, actually I'm developing quite an addiction to it. It feels way better than cutting ever did, and it doesn't leave scars. On the downside I occasionally have people asking if somebody's abusing me, but I can cover that up fine. I don't really see it as a problem I need to fix but at the same time I know it's not how normal people deal with things and I'm trying so hard to be normal (in terms of my mental health and self-esteem). But it feels too damn good and I don't know why.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ugcoffeelovers/
jani92jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 AM   #48
devourke
Banned

Quote:

Could you try replacing the bruising with something else? Like every time you get that feeling that you want to bruise yourself, just force yourself to sit down, calm yourself and meditate on why you're feeling that. I used to get angry pretty easily and tried punching things (Trees, walls, etc etc) whenever that happened, but once I consciously started to sit down and meditate every time I got angry, it all slowly started going away. I was getting the urges to punch things after the first time I tried it because I felt good afterwards, and I got used to punching things because it felt good. This wasn't very healthy so it's why I decided to try something different.
Nowadays I don't even need to pull the whole shebang out. If I get angry or get overcome by any negative emotion I just need to take one long breath and release it, and I'm back to my normal self.

EDIT: That was rather therapeutic to write that out.

Double EDIT: vvv I really wish I was a mod sometimes during these late hours.

Last edited by devourke : 11-14-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #49
miastgu
Banned

I love this thread and I promise to contribute heavily. http://digbig.com/5bfccy
miastgu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #50
King Donkey
hai

^Most sardonic adbot I've ever seen.

Regards.
King Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #51
fail

Quote:
Could you try replacing the bruising with something else? Like every time you get that feeling that you want to bruise yourself, just force yourself to sit down, calm yourself and meditate on why you're feeling that. I used to get angry pretty easily and tried punching things (Trees, walls, etc etc) whenever that happened, but once I consciously started to sit down and meditate every time I got angry, it all slowly started going away. I was getting the urges to punch things after the first time I tried it because I felt good afterwards, and I got used to punching things because it felt good. This wasn't very healthy so it's why I decided to try something different.
Nowadays I don't even need to pull the whole shebang out. If I get angry or get overcome by any negative emotion I just need to take one long breath and release it, and I'm back to my normal self.

EDIT: That was rather therapeutic to write that out.

Double EDIT: vvv I really wish I was a mod sometimes during these late hours.

The thing is, I'll already be calm when I decide to do it. Too calm, actually. I think part of the appeal to me is the adrenaline rush I get from it. I'm just drawn to the aggressiveness of it. And I rather like being angry. But obviously there's more to it than that, because I don't get the same high out of hitting walls and shit. The pain of the bruise feels really good for whatever reason. I have tried to sit and think over why I'm doing this. But I end up being like "doesn't matter had sex pain". But now that you mention it, I have wanted to start meditating lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miastgu
I love this thread and I promise to contribute heavily. *link*

Old 11-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #52
Amuro Jay
goddess

Fourth one already, eh? I missed helping people out in the first two. Maybe I'll make a comeback one day. But eh, I've got my thing with that emote
Quote:
Originally Posted by miastgu
I love this thread and I promise to contribute heavily. wat
Oh no you don't
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #53
devourke
Banned

Quote:
The thing is, I'll already be calm when I decide to do it. Too calm, actually. I think part of the appeal to me is the adrenaline rush I get from it. I'm just drawn to the aggressiveness of it. And I rather like being angry. But obviously there's more to it than that, because I don't get the same high out of hitting walls and shit. The pain of the bruise feels really good for whatever reason. I have tried to sit and think over why I'm doing this. But I end up being like "doesn't matter had sex pain". But now that you mention it, I have wanted to start meditating lately.

Yeah the first time you do it, you feel kind of stupid because it doesn't really feel like much, but if you continue to do it in place of the harmful actions, you come to expect that feeling instead of the feeling that bruising gives you. It takes some willpower but if you manage to completely replace it you'll be a lot more in control of your feelings and shit.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #54
badpun
UG's Applejack

Glad to see people are still behind the idea of this thread, i used to contributeb a bit to the old one but i don't really go on UG much anymore but i'll try to help out when i can.

for people who need them
and a for fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
badpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #55
ChaosInside
aspiring scientist

no! i missed the first page >.>

pro-tip: if you want to get up at 30 to 8, dont set your alarm for 8:30...no breakfast or lunch for me today, although i was still on time. having slept for a whopping three hours last night didnt help either...

also, i once again noticed that my weight can severely fluctuate, meaning i can lose or gain up to 10 pounds in a few days, is that even normal?
ChaosInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #56
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:

Have you ever thought about taking up kickboxing/muay thai?

I know it's not the same thing but I used to be quite violent/aggressive and i'd lash out at random shit for no good reason. I mean, I like getting hit too but doing kickboxing or whatever means there's a reason for it. It took me ages (having AS) to man up and go down to the gym to learn but it was the best thing I ever did. I'm much happier, more motivated and very calm IRL.

I'm bringing it up because I think it would be perfect for you. Wanting to be hurt isn't necessarily a bad thing (some people just like the feeling) but the way you're going about it is. I mean, it's seriously helped my self-esteem and mental health in general as well as keeping me in great shape and making me much more peaceful.

Obviously I can't force you to give it a go but i'd seriously recommend it. Like I said, best thing i've ever done and I think it would really help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
isabiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #57
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist

Quote:

I'm sorry that you're feeling so conflicted, and it's good that you're talking about it. Talking about it goes a long way towards treating it. It may feel so good to you because you may not really feel any strong emotions, and the self-injury may help fill that gap. Regardless, just remember that all of us are here if you need to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
zgr0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #58
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani92jani

I cannot take this thread seriously because of this.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #59
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221

I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
zgr0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #60
Blackwaterson89
Jesus is the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I don't give out many of hugs myself. I rather let my advice make an impact. That emote sometimes needed though.

Quote:
It is only when men begin to worship that they begin to grow.-Calvin Coolidge

#IamSecond
Blackwaterson89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: