Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
logicbdj

Patrick Eggle Acoustics

Very little is mentioned of the incredible craftsmanship of Eggle guitars. I'm having one made, and should have it sometime in February. Does anyone here have any experience with the man and his creations?
logicbdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Beemer2
Beemer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj
Very little is mentioned of the incredible craftsmanship of Eggle guitars. I'm having one made, and should have it sometime in February. Does anyone here have any experience with the man and his creations?

I own a Signature Edition designed by Patrick but handmade in Czech.

12 fret Spruce/Rosewood/Ebony

Ian
Beemer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
logicbdj

How are you liking the action and sound... and have you compared it to Gibson, Martin, etc.?
logicbdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Beemer2
Beemer2

Compared it to Martin 000 and Huss and Dalton 12 frets. I knew immediately that the Faith was for me. I paid 1580 UK pounds (2250 US)

I thought the action was too high but after measuring it is exactly on spec. Every part of this guitar both external and internal is as well finished as I could expect. Absolutely no flaws. The neck is perfectly aligned with only the slightest upward bow and has not changed in the 12 months I have owned it. I use a Peterson strobe tuner and can say that the guitar does significantly change tuning with temperature. My guitar tutor owns a Collings and has told me that my guitar sounds as good but will improve with age (unlike me as I am 64!)

My other guitar is a 1968 Harmony Sovereign Deluxe

Ian

Last edited by Beemer2 : 12-01-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: missed answer
Beemer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
tuxs

Wow Beamer2 what a couple of beautiful axes.Cheers
tuxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
stephen_naylor

Hi,

I bought a 'Patrick James Eggle' Linville cutaway acoustic from Patrick Eggle earlier this year. The build quality is fantastic with some beautiful wood.

Action and sound is incredible. I have an Eggle Berlin electric from 1993 but had always coveted one of his acoustic guitars.

I must admit it was worth the wait and every penny of the cost.

If you are in the market give him a ring, I must admit customer service was fantastic I dealt with Patrick himself.

Good luck
stephen_naylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
snakestretcher

I've been tempted by the Faith 'Naked' series Jupiter jumbo. Looks like an impressive instrument (all solid timbers), at a great price. I have yet to play one. I owned an early Patrick Eggle New York Standard electric many years ago. That was a lovely little guitar, and a unique design.
snakestretcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: