Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #1
juliusxxrock
Poseur

Is there a way to shorten the delay when foot switching?

Hello

I have a footswitch for my Peavey Valveking 100w head, and as expected there is a short quiet period after I push the button.
This "short" period of time is rather long though, and it's pretty annoying at the moment since I need to switch between dirty and clean without delay.

I understand this delay is intentional and exists to "cover up" a click or something that occurs when you switch channels, but it's just so damn long

I could solve this by getting my distortion from pedals, but I'd much rather use the dirty channel that sounds a lot better than dist in a box.

So is there a way to shorten this delay or do I just have to get used to it?
juliusxxrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #2
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Ask the guys in here...I think there is a mod for this issue. Are you using a VK FS?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=969296
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #3
juliusxxrock
Poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
Ask the guys in here...I think there is a mod for this issue. Are you using a VK FS?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=969296

I'm using a peavey switch I got form my buddy. He used it for his Peavey Bandit 112.
juliusxxrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #4
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

You may need a different FS. I hear the Boss FS-5 or whatever does not have that delay. It is mentioned I think in that massive OP for that thread and also the associated Wiki pages referenced in that thread. Good luck mang.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : Yesterday at 10:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #5
the_bi99man

Hmm. Strange. I use a Vox Valvetronix, with the VS12 footswitch, and there is zero delay or silence between switching channels/presets. Or if there is, it's a matter of milliseconds and I've never noticed it. Same with other all-tube amps I've used. I can't imagine why any company would build an amp and intentionally give it a delay (especially one long enough to notice) when changing channels. As far as I'm concerned, that would defeat the purpose of having a footswitch. If my sound output is going to cut out when I change channels, I'd just stop playing and hit the button on the amp face, rather than waste stage space on a footswitch.
the_bi99man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #6
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
You may need a different FS. I hear the Boss FS-5 or whatever does not have that delay. It is mentioned I think in that massive OP for that thread and also the associated Wiki pages referenced in that thread. Good luck mang.

http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wi...tch+Information
Old Today, 12:51 AM   #7
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusxxrock
Hello

I have a footswitch for my Peavey Valveking 100w head, and as expected there is a short quiet period after I push the button.
This "short" period of time is rather long though, and it's pretty annoying at the moment since I need to switch between dirty and clean without delay.

I understand this delay is intentional and exists to "cover up" a click or something that occurs when you switch channels, but it's just so damn long

I could solve this by getting my distortion from pedals, but I'd much rather use the dirty channel that sounds a lot better than dist in a box.

So is there a way to shorten this delay or do I just have to get used to it?

that's not right, dude. never have i heard of an amp with that 'feature'. sounds more like a defect.
NakedInTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 AM   #8
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

The original Valvekings had this issue that was resolved with a capacitor change on subsequent newer models but we are talking a long time ago, and yeah it NOT a feature.

Rate This Thread: