Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Nickbely

Multi effect pedal

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy an multi effect pedal but I'm having doubts about what to choose. I live in a small town so it's really hard for me to go to a store to try them out since there are no stores arround.
I'm looking for something cheap but good sounding. I mostly play Van Halen, Priest, Maiden, Ratt so I want to nail those sounds but I would also like to have some versatility (obsvly).
Also, expression pedal is required.

I'm enjoying the videos I've watched about the Zoom G1Xon but I would like your opinion about it or new suggestions (150 max).
Nickbely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
farcry

I have a boss gt6. Pros of the boss multi fx are they are durable, reliable and have a huge range of tones. Cons are there are so many settings itst hard to set up.
farcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
lucky1978
Blues Kazooist

I'm not sure about the G1Xon or whatever but the G3X and G5 would probably be perfect for you. I'm a big fan of the old Boss ME50 too. Another option would be an Alesis Quadraverb (they're dirt cheap but sound great) and a midi controller pedalboard gadget.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
GaryBillington
The Original

The G1xon has all the same effects etc as the G5 & G3, the only difference is it works in set patches rather than having control of each individual effect. Theyr e all editable in the same way, just not with the pedals.

They also have an aux input which is really useful for practicing.

Great pedals, I'd always recommend them.
Laney VC30
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Bmullet00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1978
I'm not sure about the G1Xon or whatever but the G3X and G5 would probably be perfect for you. I'm a big fan of the old Boss ME50 too. Another option would be an Alesis Quadraverb (they're dirt cheap but sound great) and a midi controller pedalboard gadget.

+1 on the g3x, one of the best multi FX for that price.
Bmullet00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #6
metalbeast16

Digitech RP70
metalbeast16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #7
diabolical

I'd say Vox Tonelab or the Boss Me route is probably your best bet. If you can go used - GT8 or 10.
diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: