Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #61
Bostonrocks
UG God

Just got back from the studio. PODFRAMING IT UP! WEOOO!

oh. SM7 on the snare....hothothothot
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #62
ShevanelFlip

Hey guys.

I plan on opening a professional recording\Mixing studio in my area. I'm currently working out the rough cost to see if it would even be possible and i'm in an early stage of idea development.

For now I have a single Question; what is a good mixer for under 10k? Possibly full Analog or Hybrid. with at least 24 Channels.

I've worked on a couple and one of my favourite was one of these old mackie analog, I cant quite recall the model tho.

Anyway,Ive looked at a couple already but would like to get some feedback from here as I know there is very competent people around here..so anyone has suggestions?

The Music

Last edited by ShevanelFlip : 12-19-2011 at 11:58 PM.
ShevanelFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #63
chrism3006
Long Term GAS Sufferer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShevanelFlip
Hey guys.

I plan on opening a professional recording\Mixing studio in my area. I'm currently working out the rough cost to see if it would even be possible and i'm in an early stage of idea development.

For now I have a single Question; what is a good mixer for under 10k? Possibly full Analog or Hybrid. with at least 24 Channels.

I've worked on a couple and one of my favourite was one of these old mackie analog, I cant quite recall the model tho.

Anyway,Ive looked at a couple already but would like to get some feedback from here as I know there is very competent people around here..so anyone has suggestions?

For 10 grand you could get 24 channels of epic converters and a whole bunch of nice pre's. That's probably going to sound better than an average desk, no?

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
chrism3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #64
FireHawk
All Hail Ze Llama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShevanelFlip
Hey guys.

First off, I don't want to discourage you but you do realize the failure rate of professional studios without label support and business is high correct? Go for it, but Be realistic .
FireHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #65
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Welp, got the best news from my work today. Apparently, I was supposed to get a raise 2 years ago. Now, not only am I finally getting that raise, I'm also getting back pay from those 2 years. Going to be some ridiculous big check. Idk what its officially going to be but after talking with everyone else, the raise was supposed to be like $1 an hour. Considering this is for close to 2 years and I average 30 hours a week, I'm looking at close to $3100.

Basically, looking at getting my car fixed, new kick drum mic, snare drum mic, overheards, a
SM57, e609, and a few other misc things. Still, I'm psyched at any amount cuz extra $$$ is good $$$ to me
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #66
ShevanelFlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawk
First off, I don't want to discourage you but you do realize the failure rate of professional studios without label support and business is high correct? Go for it, but Be realistic .

I know VERY well the sad reality, but in my head there's no other way il be happy.

But it's not for now anyway. I'll be very cautious and even plan on visiting a few studios in my city.

The Music

Old 12-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #67
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

I would suggest that rather than getting an analogue desk for all that, if you want something that is actually more useful than hassle and will speed up your workflow, get a Digidesign C-24... perfectly automated with Pro Tools, and as far as I'm aware works with other DAW's perfectly well too. Pair that with some nice pre's and something like a Lynx Aurora/PrismSound Orpheus for your A/D conversion and you will have something that should last you years before it comes close to being 'dated' or behind the latest tech/performance.

Edit: Quick bit of research suggests that the C24 doesn't work with other DAW's, unless you're an hardcore hacker/computer geek :/

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

Last edited by DisarmGoliath : 12-21-2011 at 12:12 AM.
DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #68
OrangeWalls
UG's only Homo Novus

Has any of you guys any experience with Komplete 7 Elements? The demos they have up on their site sound pretty good, and for 50 bucks it looks like a good deal. But I'd rather her an opinion from someone unbiased

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
OrangeWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #69
FireHawk
All Hail Ze Llama!

I believe komplete 8 elements is the newest. Personally I think komplete 8 (not elements) is worth the money. NI makes many great plugins.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #70
OrangeWalls
UG's only Homo Novus

I actually meant Elements 8.

I've been using the free KorePlayer and the Kontakt Factory Selection for a good year now, and it's been amazing for being free. That's why I kind of tempted to get the Elements, especially since the demos sound so nice. But I'll have to skimp on food for a month for getting it, so I want to make sure it's worth it. I've no doubt about the Ultimate and standard edition, but the I'm wary when it comes to light editions.

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
OrangeWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #71
ShevanelFlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
I would suggest that rather than getting an analogue desk for all that, if you want something that is actually more useful than hassle and will speed up your workflow, get a Digidesign C-24... perfectly automated with Pro Tools, and as far as I'm aware works with other DAW's perfectly well too. Pair that with some nice pre's and something like a Lynx Aurora/PrismSound Orpheus for your A/D conversion and you will have something that should last you years before it comes close to being 'dated' or behind the latest tech/performance.

Edit: Quick bit of research suggests that the C24 doesn't work with other DAW's, unless you're an hardcore hacker/computer geek :/

Il be checking into that. I use Pro tools so I'm ok with that.

The Music

Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #72
MatrixClaw
UG God

The link to the Skype chat is now live. Check the first post to join in if you use Skype
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #73
Fat g0r0T
Banned

i like this chat thingy
Fat g0r0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #74
MatrixClaw
UG God

Laaaaammeee. Yesterday on Musician's Friend, you could stack their coupons for $31% off. They found out about it, but were still honoring the prices that things were sold at before they found out.

Sad panda
Quote:

www.SanctityStudios.com
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #75
Fat g0r0T
Banned

haaaaa MS ****ed up big time
Fat g0r0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #76
FireHawk
All Hail Ze Llama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
Laaaaammeee. Yesterday on Musician's Friend, you could stack their coupons for $31% off. They found out about it, but were still honoring the prices that things were sold at before they found out.

Lol if they don't there would be an out rage.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #77
MatrixClaw
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawk
Lol if they don't there would be an out rage.

Eh, I think people would understand if they didn't. They weren't SUPPOSED to stack, they could've easily issued a refund to everyone, but the fact that they actually honored the price is pretty cool.

Not cool though, cause I couldn't get in on the dealz
Quote:

www.SanctityStudios.com
Old 12-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #78
BSPDelta09

Hey guys
I'm not too sure if this is the right forum.^^ My question is kinda related to recording but in a different way.
Which kind of camera would you suggest?^^
My budget is up to 100€. Is there any camera which is worth buying considering the picture quality? Audio quality isn't that important since I recorded audio seperat from video.
BSPDelta09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #79
MatrixClaw
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPDelta09
Hey guys
I'm not too sure if this is the right forum.^^ My question is kinda related to recording but in a different way.
Which kind of camera would you suggest?^^
My budget is up to 100€. Is there any camera which is worth buying considering the picture quality? Audio quality isn't that important since I recorded audio seperat from video.

Wish I could help, but the only videos I've done were just from my laptops webcam, an older video camera, or my phone :\

P.S. Anyone have experience with DAW controllers? Debating getting something like the Mackie Control Universal, or maybe just a simple FaderPort, but I need maximum compatibility on Windows 7 with Reaper, Studio One, Cubase and Pro Tools
Quote:

www.SanctityStudios.com
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #80
FireHawk
All Hail Ze Llama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
Wish I could help, but the only videos I've done were just from my laptops webcam, an older video camera, or my phone :\

P.S. Anyone have experience with DAW controllers? Debating getting something like the Mackie Control Universal, or maybe just a simple FaderPort, but I need maximum compatibility on Windows 7 with Reaper, Studio One, Cubase and Pro Tools

I use an Akai Pro MPD 24 to control my DAW which is not ideal and is sometimes kinda sketchy on windows 7 cause it was developed for Vista. In my experiences all controllers I have used are not that different. Personally I'd get one wih motor controls so I could watch the faders move with automation. Lol

Other than that you need to go hands on and feel the knobs and sliders and get what you want.

Rate This Thread: